Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #46
W1LLPARK3R
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Can Pac cope up with the speed of PBF???

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill007 View Post
Judah is arguably faster than both Floyd and Manny.

Gayweather's speed is overrated. Pac is just as fast, but hits harder and is throws way more punches..thats why Gayweather won't fight him..
W1LLPARK3R is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #47
hooligan
Millionaire Bum
ESB Addict

vCash: 1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_and_that View Post
Of course both of you understand that the "doom" scenario you are referring too is an exaggeration in my part.
Point is, and I can guarantee you both this, if PBF decides to back away instead of clinching or doing lateral movements, then he is going to get tagged.

And no, I don't think Manny going forward and Floyd going backward is even a match strictly on a speed basis.
Can you at least look at how fast he was lunging towards a guy running for the hills in Mosley and how Floyd looked going back during his last 3 outings and see for yourselves that Manny is definitely much much faster going forward than Floyd going backwards?

It's ridiculously easy to spot I'm surprised how the both of you can come up with claims such as Floyd's speed matching Pac when he is going backward and Pac forward.

woah woah easy now...i didnt say that pbf can match pac's footspeed...what im trying to say is pbf stops pac dead on his tracks via jab and that reach as pbf moves away that will frustrate pac...you've seen cotto ride his bike against pac and just jab and move away right??? difference is pbf is bringing in size and speed along with that....
hooligan is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #48
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1LLPARK3R View Post
Gayweather's speed is overrated. Pac is just as fast, but hits harder and is throws way more punches..thats why Gayweather won't fight him..
Typical Pactard response. First of all Floyd has great speed and any real boxing fan knows this including Manny Pacquiao. Second Manny doesn't throw as many punches against guys that give him movement. Even JMM kept Manny at bay and lowered his punch output. You can't land 5 punch combos on a guy that is not just standing there to be hit.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #49
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
go back to Pacland idiot
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #50
W1LLPARK3R
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
go back to Pacland idiot
stay in the 'hood, asshole.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #51
W1LLPARK3R
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
Typical Pactard response. First of all Floyd has great speed and any real boxing fan knows this including Manny Pacquiao. Second Manny doesn't throw as many punches against guys that give him movement. Even JMM kept Manny at bay and lowered his punch output. You can't land 5 punch combos on a guy that is not just standing there to be hit.
everyone who ever lost to Pac's say its his speed, not power. Floyd's SKILL level is his best assest..

iv'e seen fighters as fast as Gayweather lose on undercards b/c they didn't have his SKILL>
Old 10-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #52
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
stay in the 'hood, asshole.
uh oh this generic pactard is showing his true colors.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #53
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
everyone who ever lost to Pac's say its his speed, not power. Floyd's SKILL level is his best assest..

iv'e seen fighters as fast as Gayweather lose on undercards b/c they didn't have his SKILL>
What you are not understanding is that Floyd has great hand speed and foot speed. He has better foot work than Manny by a mile too. Plus you need to look at his timing that is the best in the game. He will beat the brakes off Manny.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #54
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I think Floyd would actually stand in front of Pac all night like he did against Judah.

Floyd is an underrated pressure fighter.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #55
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
Why are Flomos still having the peter Pan syndrome when they are looking at Gayweather.

They see Gayweather fighting Ortiz and what they see id the Gayweather who fought Gatti, or Corrales.

It is like Gayweather never became old and slower.

Only a die hard fan with blinders can see that Gayweather is a lot slower than that, and moves a less than that, as well as punches a less than that.

If he bicycle against Baldomir, why would he trade against Mosley? It is just not logical. He could trade with Baldomir and he would have been throwing 5 punches and Baldomir is still thinking of throwing. Yet he opt to beaucycle? Against a known heavier puncher Mosley, it almost cost him the fight. Luckily Mosley is a jittery, asthmatic fighter who gassed out after 6 minutes.

Gayweather fights out of a pocket nowadays and does not move hus feet as actively.
Floyd injured his hand vs Baldomir and Floyd didn't have as much power back then. Baldomir also probably more sturdier than Mosley was when Floyd fought him
Old 10-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #56
W1LLPARK3R
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
What you are not understanding is that Floyd has great hand speed and foot speed. He has better foot work than Manny by a mile too. Plus you need to look at his timing that is the best in the game. He will beat the brakes off Manny.
i disagree. Pac has quick feet. The only advantages i would give Floyd would be his reflexes..
Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #57
whirlwind
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Floyd is faster with one shot < Pac is faster with his combination.
Floyd average power < Pac above average power
Floyd fast footwork < Pac fast in and out footwork

Pac faster powerful combination will always beat Floyd fast one shot. Pac will keep coming at Floyd every second in this fight like a possessed by evil and will show no mercy towards to him.
whirlwind is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #58
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
woah woah easy now...i didnt say that pbf can match pac's footspeed...what im trying to say is pbf stops pac dead on his tracks via jab and that reach as pbf moves away that will frustrate pac...you've seen cotto ride his bike against pac and just jab and move away right??? difference is pbf is bringing in size and speed along with that....
Exactly how I envision it to go as well (highlight on Pac getting easily frustrated whenever he fails to land consistently).
Which is why Roach (and to some extent Buboy) will also play a crucial role to make this fight competitive.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #59
whirlwind
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
I think Floyd would actually stand in front of Pac all night like he did against Judah.

Floyd is an underrated pressure fighter.
A wishful thinking and a suicide idea. Nobody stand in front of Pacquiao and remained his feet on the ground. Floyd chin won't hold up against Pacquiao power punches.
whirlwind is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #60
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 155

Quote:
You are right. No fighter should back straight up against an opponent. That is a no no but you rarely see Floyd doing that. Floyd is the master at range in boxing right now and he will be moving side to side. The problem with Manny is that he has no jab to relax Floyd before lunging forward and he might get his ass caught with something while lunging which will spell doom for him. I see your point though.
Again, I completely agree.
TBH I can see Floyd flush KD-ing Pac when he catches him in the middle of those lunges.
(To be fair though, Pac doesn't do that as off balanced as he does before, but I can easily see Mayweather landing a perfectly timed counter in the middle of those lunges that can knock Pac down, but definitely not out)

Which is why I always saw the Pac-PBF fight as a UD for Floyd should Pac fail to mix it up and be more spontaneous in the ring.
On the other side of the coin, I can see it a UD for Pac should Floyd fail to tame Pac's assault by disrupting his rhytmn(less likely, but this is the best realistic outcome for Pac, IMHO)
this_and_that is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum