Old 10-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #18
*BOX_FAN*
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Proksa´s next likely opponent will be Zbik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsLeader View Post
This guy was like the only real Proksa fan until Saturday night came along.

Props to this guy.
Thanks man .
*BOX_FAN* is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #19
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 720

Quote:

Props to this guy.
look in the european forum!!
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #20
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

Props to this guy.
Although I didn´t follow Proksa from the beginning there were a handful of others that did, not just a single poster. Point taken though, very few did. The ones that did saw his talent right from the start (its not difficult to see) and it was excruciating few years for them when Proksa´s career was going nowhere because of iffy management, hand problems and avoidance by others. Imagine a guy like this spending unnecessary years on the back end of domestic British cards, unheard of and very little known. Look how utterly unkown he was to the Brit commentators, they knew next to nothing about him, not even how to pronounce his simple two syllable name and he spent most of his career fighting in their backyard.

A guy who can pull off this style is usually a shoe in for being a high profile fighter who will get chances to advance his career, because all eyes are/should be on him. Oh well, maybe the time served him well and he can now use his experience and maturity as his assets.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 06:57 AM   #21
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Proksa needs some advisor or trainer to keep him level headed and make him understand he ain't unbeatable and no superstar just yet. Proksa danced into the venue like he was Naseem Hamed himself and inside the ring he showed zero respect for Sylvester. Rightfully so.

I just would hate if this great performance makes him lose his head and he becomes full of himself and then gets taken to the cleaners in one of the future fights. He has to stay disciplined, work hard and never underestimate an opponent.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #22
Calamaro
Journeyman

vCash: 500

I don´t think germans are willing to pay Proksa to beat all his guys with ease. He´s now the EBU champ, we´ll see if german and brits fighters dare to touch him. I doubt Zbik team are very happy with the new champion. Others fighters who have not a big market will fight Proksa. N´Jikam, Khurtsidze, Korobov, Sainte even Varon, these are the guys who are willing to take on the champ. No Zbik, Sturm, Maclin or Barker will touch Proksa with a stick.

Proksa-N´jikam sounds like a hell fight.
Calamaro is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #23
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Proksa needs some advisor or trainer to keep him level headed and make him understand he ain't unbeatable and no superstar just yet. Proksa danced into the venue like he was Naseem Hamed himself and inside the ring he showed zero respect for Sylvester. Rightfully so.

I just would hate if this great performance makes him lose his head and he becomes full of himself and then gets taken to the cleaners in one of the future fights. He has to stay disciplined, work hard and never underestimate an opponent.
I get your drift. At first glance Proksa appears to be a Hamed like character. But if you knew him a bit better nothing could be further from the truth. If you listen to him speak in interviews and if you watched his actions following that fight, he is both a confident but mature individual and a gracious winner. He understands his place in the bigger scheme of things of that division and knows fully that he has a lot proving to do before he can challenge the likes of Martinez. His very first action was to go to Sylvester´s corner and thank him. They raised each other´s hands. Sylv was also class A following that terrible loss. For certain individuals being humble like say Adamek, just doesn´t work and is counter productive. In the end, Proksa strikes me as an independent operator who sets his own path, and he wouldn´t like to be held by the hand, by a Michael Koncz or the like.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:14 AM   #24
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamaro View Post
I don´t think germans are willing to pay Proksa to beat all his guys with ease. He´s now the EBU champ, we´ll see if german and brits fighters dare to touch him. I doubt Zbik team are very happy with the new champion. Others fighters who have not a big market will fight Proksa. N´Jikam, Khurtsidze, Korobov, Sainte even Varon, these are the guys who are willing to take on the champ. No Zbik, Sturm, Maclin or Barker will touch Proksa with a stick.

Proksa-N´jikam sounds like a hell fight.
I think you might be right. There is too much risk and not enough reward to face Proksa at this time. Its a problem he´s been faced with throughout his career. The hope is that the EBU belt will provide him with a little bit of leverage and Zbik after all, will be the mando challenger at some point. Also, there is a bit of a market for Polish fighters in Germany. Lots of Poles there who want to see these fights and its becoming a bit of a tradition. All the same, I think you may be right about Proksa´s future opponents.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #25
Maggo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Why should Zbik fight for the EU Title, look at the rankings, WBA 1 and WBC 2.. fighting for the EU Titel would be a big step back, he will get mandatory by the WBA in 2012..
Maggo is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #26
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggo View Post
Why should Zbik fight for the EU Title, look at the rankings, WBA 1 and WBC 2.. fighting for the EU Titel would be a big step back, he will get mandatory by the WBA in 2012..
That´s true. But Zbik is now the official challenger for the EBU title as well and right now he´s got nothing. Its often better to go into the bargaining table with a belt, which can provide some leverage in negotiations. Also, Proksa has just overtaken Zbik in the Ring rankings, which might give Zbik extra incentive to take him on. Lastly, a fight between a German and a Pole usually draws good crowds in Germany, so it makes good business sense for him too.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #27
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Holly shit, Proksa just overtook Zbik, Chavez Jr. and Pirog in the Ring rankings....all in one fell swoop..damn, they must be really high on him.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #28
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

looks like we might get to see glass made in poland part 356 soon.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #29
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
looks like we might get to see glass made in poland part 356 soon.
Jealous much?
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #30
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

i just remembered proksa trains not too far from me, no wonder he looks pretty decent, he has the slick english style of boxing.
Relentless is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum