Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default If Mayeather really Retires... Boxing will go down

Lets face it, he is the face of the sport right now, and if he really retires, everybody else will be fighting for second place, and its true what he always says

"What would boxing be without Floyd Mayweather these days" ?
jaycuban is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
spooky
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: If Mayeather really Retires... Boxing will go down

p4p #1... if he retires it will be a shame. i dont think he has done anything to be called great. if he stays in the game we will see. In my opinion, Hatton (4-1 underdog) was the first guy that he faced that posed a threat at beating him. How can you retire after your first big time legacy fight.
spooky is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
vCash: 800

Bullshit thread pal. You're obviously a slimey PBF nuthugger that only pays attention to Floyd. If you want to be serious lets take away the fights Floyd won in 07, do that and you still have the best year for boxing in decades. Many including myself consider Cotto to be the best Welterweight right now. It's pretty easy to do just look PBF's resume. Cotto's is better already. Aside from Cotto you have Pavlik, Calzaghe, Juan Diaz, Haye, Diaconu, Hatton, Dawson, Kessler, Taylor, Miranda, Linares, a few others as well. So you and your goofy ****ing avatar can go **** themselves. Cheers
RealIzm is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #4
spooky
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

btw, before someone mentions oscar.... it was a big fight and an even bigger hype job. names like gatti, oscar, and judah were great resume builders but 2 were fading and zab was coming off of a couple of L's.
spooky is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
p4p #1... if he retires it will be a shame. i dont think he has done anything to be called great. if he stays in the game we will see. In my opinion, Hatton (4-1 underdog) was the first guy that he faced that posed a threat at beating him. How can you retire after your first big time legacy fight.
Did you just start watching boxing or something?? Watch the first fight Gayweather had with Castillo. PBF was clowned and punished for 10 of 12 rds easy. Just before the descision was announced PBF was sure he had his first loss.
RealIzm is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #6
JJ
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1358

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycuban
Lets face it, he is the face of the sport right now, and if he really retires, everybody else will be fighting for second place, and its true what he always says

"What would boxing be without Floyd Mayweather these days" ?
Yeah his great personality and exciting boxingstyle will truly be missed, and boxing would go down the drain...

Imagine if Mayweather could fight Mayweather, wow that would be the best and most exciting fight ever...
JJ is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:25 AM   #7
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ
Yeah his great personality and exciting boxingstyle will truly be missed, and boxing would go down the drain...

Imagine if Mayweather could fight Mayweather, wow that would be the best and most exciting fight ever...
I could watch Mayweather-Baldomir all day...It's probably the greatest most action packed fight ever.....
RealIzm is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Floyd is just one fighter - someone else would step up and take his place.

They always do!
KayEpps is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #9
twenty1
Final Destruction
ESB Addict

Floyd is trying to take Oscar's population and he's suceeding
twenty1 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #10
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

No it wouldn't go downhill and what's more, is Mayweather won't retire. Not a hope in hell.
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #11
spooky
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIzm
Did you just start watching boxing or something?? Watch the first fight Gayweather had with Castillo. PBF was clowned and punished for 10 of 12 rds easy. Just before the descision was announced PBF was sure he had his first loss.
i agree castillo won that fight... and i should have mentioned it. i was looking at the "what have you done lately". he has handpicked guys he knew he could handle. as for castillo, burton, and hatton.... i think they had a shot and was beating pbf at some point or another. but my point is pbf wouldnt have taken the fights if he knew there was danger. j

i could go on with examples... but you get the point. dont retire without facing the best and dont call yourself the greatest.
spooky is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #12
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Fighters come, fighters go. Tyson was much bigger than this, and now he's gone. Muhammad Ali was bigger than both of them. Of course you'll see a gap in the division to start off with, but it's only a matter of time before new champions/prospects capture your interest.
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #13
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIzm
Bullshit thread pal. You're obviously a slimey PBF nuthugger that only pays attention to Floyd. If you want to be serious lets take away the fights Floyd won in 07, do that and you still have the best year for boxing in decades. Many including myself consider Cotto to be the best Welterweight right now. It's pretty easy to do just look PBF's resume. Cotto's is better already. Aside from Cotto you have Pavlik, Calzaghe, Juan Diaz, Haye, Diaconu, Hatton, Dawson, Kessler, Taylor, Miranda, Linares, a few others as well. So you and your goofy ****ing avatar can go **** themselves. Cheers
Would you look at this Stupid ****, You are worthless, Cotto better thatn Mayweather haha that right there proves how smart you are about boxing, and thake away the 2 fights from Mayweather... really ? Wish 2 fights were the most hyped, televised, promotioned, talked about in 2007 ? (dont think much everybody know they both include mayweather) so go talk shit to someone else you dumbass, and by the way the guy in avatar is Guillermo Rigondeaux... ask about him you will look stupid for what you said.

Dumb ****
jaycuban is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #14
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
i agree castillo won that fight... and i should have mentioned it. i was looking at the "what have you done lately". he has handpicked guys he knew he could handle. as for castillo, burton, and hatton.... i think they had a shot and was beating pbf at some point or another. but my point is pbf wouldnt have taken the fights if he knew there was danger. j

i could go on with examples... but you get the point. dont retire without facing the best and dont call yourself the greatest.
I still say the fighter with the greatest chance of beating Mayweather would be Tszyu(We already know Castillo really beat him)maybe even more so than Cotto for obvious reasons.
RealIzm is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #15
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycuban
Would you look at this Stupid ****, You are worthless, Cotto better thatn Mayweather haha that right there proves how smart you are about boxing, and thake away the 2 fights from Mayweather... really ? Wish 2 fights were the most hyped, televised, promotioned, talked about in 2007 ? (dont think much everybody know they both include mayweather) so go talk shit to someone else you dumbass, and by the way the guy in avatar is Guillermo Rigondeaux... ask about him you will look stupid for what you said.

Dumb ****
I'm not the one posting silly ass threads about your man hero. And you just put it best with "most hyped" so **** you and **** your manslave Guillermo you ****ing idiot. The title of the thread tells us that if Gayweather retires You will go down and cry to you manslave Guillermo just be sure you clean your plate you ****ing assclown Cheers
RealIzm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum