Old 12-13-2007, 12:09 AM   #31
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275
Default Re: Just read Briggs' book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barge FTA
Team Huricn Boxing? just because you wear no shirts and dance around a ring, does not make you boxers.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2007, 01:20 AM   #32
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barge FTA
Team Huricn Boxing? just because you wear no shirts and dance around a ring, does not make you boxers.
atleast im helping the sport not just putting shit on it.

but my offer still stands so when grow some balls let me know.
huricn is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 06:28 AM   #33
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

can anyone help me find the book willing to pay expenses and all? i went into hurstville todays and into the book shops and none had it, and one rang the supplier and said they didnt have any either at the moment......
anyone have a spare they could send?
maco_187 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2007, 06:49 AM   #34
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco_187
can anyone help me find the book willing to pay expenses and all? i went into hurstville todays and into the book shops and none had it, and one rang the supplier and said they didnt have any either at the moment......
anyone have a spare they could send?
Theres usually one or two floating around ebay mate, check that out
sambo1987 is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 07:17 AM   #35
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

sweet, thanks mate looks liek that will be the way to go if the lady from hurstville cant order it in for me..... cant wait to read it, just would be interesting biographies are great, i read most of the last american gangster, great read, just so much corruption and stuff happens its unbelievable.... and before that it would be chopper - how to kill your friends and before that it would be winnie the poo didnt read nothing at school... only history stuff
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 07:19 AM   #36
westside
Contender
ESB Senior Member

my brother just got if for chrissy. didnt say where from..

check online bookstores. i found one once for 7 bucks.
..but the publisher is out of stock.
westside is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 07:19 AM   #37
westside
Contender
ESB Senior Member

ps.

go manly!
westside is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 10:05 AM   #38
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

wo w,what a read.now back to reality. hey pissants,think carefully.if you had supposedly done the things briggs says he did, would you pen it in a book??? please!!! i might write a book to and put a heap of fictional events and characters to make myself appear badass aswell. if true,this turkey would be cactus!!! oh sorry,i forgot.you nerds need a fictional hero.****en dorkks.
shiner is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #39
Dojo
The Animal
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco_187
sweet, thanks mate looks liek that will be the way to go if the lady from hurstville cant order it in for me..... cant wait to read it, just would be interesting biographies are great, i read most of the last american gangster, great read, just so much corruption and stuff happens its unbelievable.... and before that it would be chopper - how to kill your friends and before that it would be winnie the poo didnt read nothing at school... only history stuff
Dymocks on George St up near Wynyard should have it.
Dojo is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #40
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner
wo w,what a read.now back to reality. hey pissants,think carefully.if you had supposedly done the things briggs says he did, would you pen it in a book??? please!!! i might write a book to and put a heap of fictional events and characters to make myself appear badass aswell. if true,this turkey would be cactus!!! oh sorry,i forgot.you nerds need a fictional hero.****en dorkks.

You're ridiculous man. First you get all PMSy when people dare suggest that Drews may have thrown the fight, now you have the gall to say that Briggs made up the stuff he mentions in his book.

Who are you anyway? by the looks of things, you seem to be looking down on everyone here calling us pissants, ect. Are you a boxer? Going by your atrocious spelling, you've probably had a few L's on your record that have come by way of devastating KO's.

Maybe thats how it works, I'll go off and become half retarded and come back here on my high horse looking down upon everyone else. Though obviously I'll still only be on even terms with you.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #41
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Actually shiner, I have known people in my past who lived in the exact same world Briggs' writes about in his book, so I don't think it is that far-fetched to believe he is writing about true events.

It certainly rings very true to my ears, and I have never actually been a part of that life, I've just known people and met others through them who inhabit that world.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #42
westside
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
go to the next fight hes at in the crowd.

just go tell him your thoughts to his face.

westside is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #43
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside
go to the next fight hes at in the crowd.

just go tell him your thoughts to his face.

Actually I finally made up my mind if/when Green fights Briggs...Briggs by devastating KO
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #44
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Shiner talking again without knowing whats going on.

I knew both Nathan and Paul Briggs back then.....in 93 to 95' because I worked doors in the valley and I know some of the shit in that book is real for sure. I also know guys that know him alot more than I did and they know the book to be very true.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #45
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member

Location: "always take the arrows in the forhead, never in the back"
vCash: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley
Shiner talking again without knowing whats going on.

I knew both Nathan and Paul Briggs back then.....in 93 to 95' because I worked doors in the valley and I know some of the shit in that book is real for sure. I also know guys that know him alot more than I did and they know the book to be very true.
same here bro...i have met him bak in the day...and have mates that know him...mayb a slight bit of artistic licence i dont know but basically i have heard stuff first hand...go paul u doing us proud bro
stuistylee is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum