Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
crosbyshow
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Good Bute interview yesterday

The interview was done in English:

Undefeated IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (29-0, 24 KOs) spoke to Fightnews.com on Monday about his November 5th world championship showdown against former light heavyweight champion Glen Johnson live on SHOWTIME® (9 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast). Once again, Bute is training in West Palm Beach, Florida. He plans to arrive in Montreal the week of the fight.
Since Bute is the only super middleweight knocking out anybody these days, we asked him if he’s looking to knock out Glen Johnson. “No, my objective on November 5th is to win this fight,” he responded in good English. “To win every round, all twelve rounds and leave the ring as world champion. This is my objective.”
Trainer Stephan Larouche told Fightnews.com later, “I told him to fight one punch at a time, one combination at a time, one round at a time, if the knockout comes, it comes. When a fighter doesn’t fight to knock someone out most of the time it happens. When you try for it you’re not successful doing that. Just be yourself, be smart, respect him, he has a lot of energy in the tank and Glen Johnson will try to wear you down. If you keep doing what you’re good at and keep doing it, it will come naturally and hopefully he’ll make a great statement but Glen Johnson has been competitive, even lately. He’s like he’s younger than his birth certificate. He’s working all the time and we have to have a lot of respect for him because you know with Glen Johnson, what you see is what you get. He wades in with his jab and then he tries to connect with the right hand we all know that you have to be ready for it.”
As for sending a message to the other top super middleweights, Bute stated “This fight is very important for me. I’m very concentrated and focused for this fight, and my message to other super middleweights is ‘I’m coming.’”
The winner of Bute-Johnson could likely meet the winner of the Super Six World Boxing Classic, which concludes on Saturday, Dec. 17 on SHOWTIME. World champions Andre Ward (WBA) and Carl Froch (WBC) will clash in the Super Six Final.
“Very important fight,” said Bute, “both fighters are very good boxers. Froch is a tough boxer and has heavy hands and Ward is slick, fast, smart and attentive. I think Andre Ward would normally win this fight, but this is boxing and there are surprises every time.”
Before settling on Glen Johnson as his opponent, proposed million dollar fights were rejected by Mikkel Kessler and Kelly Pavlik. When asked about that, Lucian stated, “I don’t know. I’m a fighter, a boxer, I train in the gym. My promoter negotiates with his promoter so I don’t know what happened. I’m waiting for the big fights. I’m still here for everybody. I don’t know what happened with Kessler and Pavlik. Maybe next year.”
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Larouche told Fightnews.com, “Kessler doesn’t like to be in a war. You know those European fighters they’re good back and forth. Straight punches back, I hit you, you hit me back, but they don’t like to get hit to the body, they don’t like the real American boxing war. I think he could see that he could get hit to the body by Lucian. And Pavlik had some personal issues, it’s not my business, but I think in the near future those fights will happen anyway.”
There is also a good chance those fight will happen in the USA.
“I think our next two or three fights might be in the United States,” said Larouche. “We might have to fight Andre Ward, or Froch or Kessler. I don’t think they’ll like to come to Canada and I think if they are able to sell those fights, we would be pleased to go to New York, or Vegas or Atlantic City. Lucian is open to that.”
crosbyshow is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2350
Default Re: Good Bute interview yesterday

We will have a shitload of stuff to read in the next couples of weeks. I know there's at least 2 french journalist following him in florida for his training camp!
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
drozzy
AERE
East Side Guru

vCash: 240

He won't win EVERY round vs Johnson. He's gonna get stung and wobbled at some point, and should survive, but no way is this a total blowout.

I'm still thinking Bute ends this around or after the 10th, to the body or by accumulation.

What are the haters gon say when Bute fights at MSG, brings in a massive crowd from Québec, and wins in spectacular fashion?!???

drozzy is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by drozzy View Post
He won't win EVERY round vs Johnson. He's gonna get stung and wobbled at some point, and should survive, but no way is this a total blowout.

I'm still thinking Bute ends this around or after the 10th, to the body or by accumulation.

What are the haters gon say when Bute fights at MSG, brings in a massive crowd from Québec, and wins in spectacular fashion?!???

Don't worry they will find something to shit on Bute!
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Haha has Butes coach been smoking crack? Apparently Kessler doesn't like to have a war, must of missed the brutal Froch fight, and Europeans don't like taking shots??

I always thought the gripe with alot of our American boxing experts is we have shit defense and take to many shots over this side of the pond?

Add to that isnt Bute a ****ing European.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
Haha has Butes coach been smoking crack? Apparently Kessler doesn't like to have a war, must of missed the brutal Froch fight, and Europeans don't like taking shots??

I always thought the gripe with alot of our American boxing experts is we have shit defense and take to many shots over this side of the pond?

Yea exactly, he pretty much dissed his own fighter right here lol.
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Bute as been develop as a pro in America with a Canadian coach and his style his far from being european
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He wants to travel..... To New York, to Vegas to AC. LMAO. Nice way to sidestep Nottingham and Copenhagen.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post
He wants to travel..... To New York, to Vegas to AC. LMAO. Nice way to sidestep Nottingham and Copenhagen.
He want to be known in the US because the money is there , he won't became i superstar in Coppenhague , right ?
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #10
drozzy
AERE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Showtime. Timezone. PPV. Fanbase. Copenhagen vs (North America) should go to purse bid.

That is all. On your way now.
drozzy is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlok View Post
He want to be known in the US because the money is there , he won't became i superstar in Coppenhague , right ?
It's a business. Why not say he wants to go to Britain or Denmark if the moneys right?

BECAUSE HE WONT!
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
It's a business. Why not say he wants to go to Britain or Denmark if the moneys right?

BECAUSE HE WONT!
Why Kessler don't come and face him in Canada or in the US ?
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #13
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Quote:
Why Kessler don't come and face him in Canada or in the US ?
Kessler already fought outside of Denmark quite a few times.
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #14
drozzy
AERE
East Side Guru

The money wouldn't be right over in Europe. Not for a Showtime owned, post-S6 fight involving a guy who fights out of (North America). More cash more flow more dough even more so, for more cash and more dough ---> in North America, more specifically Montreal/New-York/Vegas in that order because of Bute's gate #'s and because timezone is a big factor for American PPV's.

Fighting Bute @ Bell Centre should be seen as 'slaying the dragon, in the dragon's lair'.
drozzy is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #15
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Quote:
Don't worry they will find something to shit on Bute!
Sadly they would, I am a fan of Bute but he won't finish Johnson, He might take some big shots himself and maybe get hurt but I think Bute wins a 10-2 RDs or 11-1 Rounds style UD, So I predict almost a blowout win for Bute
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum