Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #16
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163
Default Re: Good Bute interview yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post
It's a business. Why not say he wants to go to Britain or Denmark if the moneys right?

BECAUSE HE WONT!
I don't think I saw you since the last Bute-Kessler debate. Glad you could join us! Now, Why can't the fight be in the US? Neutral area.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #17
drozzy
AERE
East Side Guru

vCash: 240

Johnson said to the media today, "I think I belong to the elite [...] and I will be the aggressor in this fight"

We all know he's got stamina, but does he have enough consistent speed in his punches to land bombs -mostly overhand rights I presume- on Bute at some point? Bute knows he must come out there with the intent of going 12 hard rounds... he times opponents well on the back foot - Johnson is the aggressor here.

Did Carl land his fair share of uppercuts on Glen? I remember a couple that were partially blocked... anything?!

Johnson could force Bute into the pocket and it could backfire through Bute's rear uppercuts, I just don't know if Glen can take 'em all night.
drozzy is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

vCash: 2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by drozzy View Post
Johnson said to the media today, "I think I belong to the elite [...] and I will be the aggressor in this fight"

We all know he's got stamina, but does he have enough consistent speed in his punches to land bombs -mostly overhand rights I presume- on Bute at some point? Bute knows he must come out there with the intent of going 12 hard rounds... he times opponents well on the back foot - Johnson is the aggressor here.

Did Carl land his fair share of uppercuts on Glen? I remember a couple that were partially blocked... anything?!

Johnson could force Bute into the pocket and it could backfire through Bute's rear uppercuts, I just don't know if Glen can take 'em all night.
Johnson's stamina is not what it used to be. He will be the one gassing November the 5th.
laffie is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #19
sabsman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1160

Quote:
He wants to travel..... To New York, to Vegas to AC. LMAO. Nice way to sidestep Nottingham and Copenhagen.
if it was not for the andrade rematch, you know he would have gone to notthingham, ad the fact that the super 6 was to begine so froch could not wait untill seconde andrade fight was over. would have bin great
sabsman is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #20
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlok View Post
We will have a shitload of stuff to read in the next couples of weeks. I know there's at least 2 french journalist following him in florida for his training camp!
I saw a clip of what looked like its going to be a 247 video following him in camp. It was on a french Canadian website/tv station called TVA or something like that. Do you know the network/website and if they've shown any more?

Quote:
Bute as been develop as a pro in America with a Canadian coach and his style his far from being european
Right cuz guys like Pirog, Vlasov, Calzaghe, Proksa. Karmazin, Korobov, Jirov no similarities at all He developed that style, one that is relatively unchanged, over a long amateur career in Romania.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 AM   #21
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drozzy View Post
The money wouldn't be right over in Europe. Not for a Showtime owned, post-S6 fight involving a guy who fights out of (North America). More cash more flow more dough even more so, for more cash and more dough ---> in North America, more specifically Montreal/New-York/Vegas in that order because of Bute's gate #'s and because timezone is a big factor for American PPV's.

Fighting Bute @ Bell Centre should be seen as 'slaying the dragon, in the dragon's lair'.
Then Bute should just say he'd fight Froch/Kessler anywhere the best deal is. As it is we can now be certain that he wont leave North America. It's the others that has to come to him if they want to fight him.

Good luck in finding a credible opponent M. Bute.

"I WILL FIGHT ANYWHERE!! (in northamerica only)."
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 03:40 AM   #22
Sidious
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
It's a business. Why not say he wants to go to Britain or Denmark if the moneys right?

BECAUSE HE WONT!
he is not hypocrite like your boy kessler who said i'll fight bute anytime anywhere then go straight for sergey stieglitz. beside denmark is not the center of the boxing world you know,not the center of anything actually.
Sidious is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #23
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidious View Post
he is not hypocrite like your boy kessler who said i'll fight bute anytime anywhere then go straight for sergey stieglitz. beside denmark is not the center of the boxing world you know,not the center of anything actually.
Kessler has travelled for several big fights. Bute has not and he will not. Case closed.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #24
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 496

Quote:
Bute as been develop as a pro in America with a Canadian coach and his style his far from being european
Absolute fiddlesticks. He's European, end of discussion.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #25
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
I saw a clip of what looked like its going to be a 247 video following him in camp. It was on a french Canadian website/tv station called TVA or something like that. Do you know the network/website and if they've shown any more?

Right cuz guys like Pirog, Vlasov, Calzaghe, Proksa. Karmazin, Korobov, Jirov no similarities at all He developed that style, one that is relatively unchanged, over a long amateur career in Romania.
it's on TVA sport , i'll try to post some as they come.

Larouche his talking about common European style : Stiglitz, Klits , AA etc... i know there's a lot of different style in Europe just watch Hamed
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #26
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

We all should take Larouche's words about European fighters in the context of hyping a Kessler-Bute fight. Bute never trash talks (except for Froch maybe) but Larouche likes to start fires.
laffie is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #27
sabsman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Then Bute should just say he'd fight Froch/Kessler anywhere the best deal is. As it is we can now be certain that he wont leave North America. It's the others that has to come to him if they want to fight him.

Good luck in finding a credible opponent M. Bute.

"I WILL FIGHT ANYWHERE!! (in northamerica only)."
its how it is normaly when u invite someone to fight, where are the offers from opponents in past few years.
-Kessler. hey bute i want to fight u, come to denmark if u not afraid of me...aw, wait a minute has this bin done, someone who actualy invites bute to a fight...thinking....thinking...thinking...nope, i wunder why?
talk to kessler bat, u seam to know him, have him call bute with an offer 50/50 im sure he would accept. but i guess we wont know untill this actualy happens
sabsman is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #28
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsman View Post
its how it is normaly when u invite someone to fight, where are the offers from opponents in past few years.
-Kessler. hey bute i want to fight u, come to denmark if u not afraid of me...aw, wait a minute has this bin done, someone who actualy invites bute to a fight...thinking....thinking...thinking...nope, i wunder why?
talk to kessler bat, u seam to know him, have him call bute with an offer 50/50 im sure he would accept. but i guess we wont know untill this actualy happens
No need. It is now clear that Bute doesn't travel.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #29
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

Quote:
Then Kessler can sleep quietly in Denmark.

More seriously, Interbox will allow Bute to go anywhere except if it's organized by Sauerland. It may be a mistake but they once lost their champion when they trusted papa Sauerland: Lucas got robbed against Beyer. Interbox went to bankrupcy because they had put all they had in Lucas. Eric Lucas is still one of Interbox' owners. The venue is not a problem for them, the promoter is. That's why Larouche talked about USA only.

Bute is also under contract with Showtime, who wants him to fight under a North America timezone. I'm not sure Showtime is happy with what Kessler did to them. He says he will fight Bute in Montreal, appears on TV the night Bute fights Magee, Showtime airs his fight against Bouadla (it was a terrible fight to put on TV) to promote the clash between both men and then... Sauerland goes the WBO way and shits in the hands of Showtime. Is Showtime willing to air a delayed fight in Denmark now? Maybe not and maybe Sauerland ****ed the things for his boxer.

Finally, Bute's team is still waiting for an offer from Kessler. It may be a start, don't you think? The fact Sauerland said recently that Bute could be an option before facing Ward tells me he now realizes that Kessler may no have the first shot at Ward.

Last edited by laffie; 10-05-2011 at 09:21 AM.
laffie is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #30
sabsman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
realy bat, is this all u have to say?
sabsman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum