Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 04:54 AM   #16
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 1075
Default Re: Training... Are you Old school or New school?

i was never a fan of school
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #17
KONGtheBOXER
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Default Re: Training... Are you Old school or New school?

old school. lots of push ups, crunches, rope, and bag work
KONGtheBOXER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #18
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 1075
Default Re: Training... Are you Old school or New school?

In all seriousness Why is there old school or new school

I just believe in educated training. The school you choose is just a path to a goal, wouldnt it be great if they didnt conflict and you could choose training elements from both "schools" that you know work and get to your goal more efficiently!


...... oh wait you can!
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #19
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Training... Are you Old school or New school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007 View Post
In all seriousness Why is there old school or new school

I just believe in educated training. The school you choose is just a path to a goal, wouldnt it be great if they didnt conflict and you could choose training elements from both "schools" that you know work and get to your goal more efficiently!


...... oh wait you can!
They don't conflict, just uneducated coaches/boxers spread bullshit about what they think on a given technique, even if science disproves their claims. Lifting weights makes you slow and bulky is a prime example.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
pahapoisu
Superman!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In a madmans dreamland
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 105
Default Re: Training... Are you Old school or New school?

Soviet Russia!!!
Seriously. I just watched the Klitchko documentary and we do the same shit.
pahapoisu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #21
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 1075
Default Re: Training... Are you Old school or New school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
They don't conflict, just uneducated coaches/boxers spread bullshit about what they think on a given technique, even if science disproves their claims. Lifting weights makes you slow and bulky is a prime example.
Also you have to run 7-10 miles a day wrapped up in lots of clothing and at least 150-200 push ups and sit ups and having a med ball slammed into your stomach will make you invincible to body shots.
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #22
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 75
Default Re: Training... Are you Old school or New school?

A good video of Bernard Hopkins schooling UFC Rashad Evans after a big fight. As usual full of knowledge and boxing wisdom.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHwPBTDDp00[/ame]
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #23
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Training... Are you Old school or New school?

Good to see Hopkins has changed his tune in respects to MMA, he was very insulting in an interview on the sport a few years ago.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #24
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 75
Default Re: Training... Are you Old school or New school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Good to see Hopkins has changed his tune in respects to MMA, he was very insulting in an interview on the sport a few years ago.
Slightly...

"MMA is gay entertainment"

thejokerswild is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #25
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Default Re: Training... Are you Old school or New school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
A good video of Bernard Hopkins schooling UFC Rashad Evans after a big fight. As usual full of knowledge and boxing wisdom.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Great video.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013