Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #16
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275
Default Re: Sebastien Sylvester destroyed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Euro trash BELT ? Lmao Stiff sometimes when you know nothing about a subject silence is your best friend mate , that so called Euro trash title is way above anything fought for in the southern hemisphere outside the four main trinkets as Kagsy quiet rightly said , come to think of it so is the Commonwealth title that you guys mainly ignore , it's ignored for a reason down under as well and that reason is FEAR , fear of losing padded records and getting denied undeserved title shots on back of those pan pacific titles .
Pretty much Josey.

The most prestigious regional belt in the Australian region is the OPBF(which is closely tied to the WBC), & there is a reason why you see very few Australians below 168 pounds ever fight for it.

We Aussies stick to the IBF Pan-Pacific, WBO Asia-Pacific, & IBO WBO Asia-Pacific which you can hold onto for years, get a top 15 world ranking & fight mediocre opposition.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 02:55 AM   #17
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Until the CBC installs a ranking system where a mandatory position is enforced, you won't find many Aussies fighting for Commonwealth titles.
Maybe the CBC ain't that fussed about that Ippy after all if it were left to Aussie fighters their historic titles would have been left to die a death mate , I say Aussie fighters in general but a few have given the Commonwealth a go to be fair to them .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 03:03 AM   #18
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

To tell the truth Kagsy I feel a bit of a cunt talking about with you guys but it had to be said mate what with the European title getting slated . Let's hope some Aussie fight promoters and managers can bury the hatched with the CBC and we get to see a few good ol Commonwealth title scraps involving more Aussies because if I'm being honest about things it does up the standard of the title when they are involved .
Old 10-05-2011, 03:47 AM   #19
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

He looked great hands held low by side ala Martinez. What a clinic. The MW division is hot ATM Gealey's certainly got a job on his hands to keep his title with guys like Proska rising up the ranks.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 05:21 AM   #20
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Yeah I watched this fight live (on FTA TV) on saturday night and this guy is definitely one to look out for. They showed clips of his training regime and work ethic and he is a gun. He works his ass off. He lives for the sport.

He wanted Felix Sturm, and IMO he'd beat him.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 07:18 AM   #21
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Maybe the CBC ain't that fussed about that Ippy after all if it were left to Aussie fighters their historic titles would have been left to die a death mate , I say Aussie fighters in general but a few have given the Commonwealth a go to be fair to them .
That's not accurate mate. The vast majority of Australian fighters would love to fight for the title. It's held in high regard over here, thanks to many of our great boxers of the past fighting for it. The majority of the belts are in the UK and it's cheaper for UK promoters to have Brit v Brit or Brit v African.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #22
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

What's not accurate ? Which part of my post specifically Ipps ?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #23
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

The titles would be left to die a death.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #24
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Well I can only recall a few Of your boys fighting for them in recent years certainly Aussie fighters haven't been as prolific in their quest for CommonWealth honours as they were in yesteryear and this is in part I reckon due to them chasing a higher ranking by winning Southern Hemisphere titles .
Old 10-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #25
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Which probably further enforces my point that they don't get a shot at them because there isn't a mandatory or rankings policy.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #26
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Euro trash BELT ? Lmao Stiff sometimes when you know nothing about a subject silence is your best friend mate , that so called Euro trash title is way above anything fought for in the southern hemisphere outside the four main trinkets as Kagsy quiet rightly said , come to think of it so is the Commonwealth title that you guys mainly ignore , it's ignored for a reason down under as well and that reason is FEAR , fear of losing padded records and getting denied undeserved title shots on back of those pan pacific titles .
LMAO Josey you are such a touchy little fellow these days, calling it Euro trash was a joke, did i ever say it was a worthless piece of sh*t and not worth fighting for? Did i ever say it was not regarded on the world scene??

Quote:
Stepping down from World Championship bouts to fighting for a Euro trash belt might have been a factor in SS training camp, mabey not?
I said it was well below the IBF middleweight title which he once held, the same title held by Marvin Hagler, Roy Jones Jr, Bernard Hopkins, ect, no need to get your little Euro loving heart broken princess

Do you agree that the IBF world champion title is worth a lot more than the Euro title, and stepping down may have influenced his training? Fu*king drama queen

Next your going to bring your boyfriend Khan into this, how he could beat any of our current fighters. Blah Blah Blah save it for somebody who gives a fu*k mate
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #27
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

****ing do me a favour Stiff you got to be the biggest pommy hater on this ****ing board Ya weak cunt then when someone pulls you on it and others agree you swing the I was only joking lead :( as for the insults well I will just let them fly over the top of my precious pomp head ) lol
Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 AM   #28
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
****ing do me a favour Stiff you got to be the biggest pommy hater on this ****ing board Ya weak cunt then when someone pulls you on it and others agree you swing the I was only joking lead :( as for the insults well I will just let them fly over the top of my precious pomp head ) lol
What is the favor you need you pommy grub?

All i said was "Euro trash belt"? Did i ever say it was worthless or a waste of time you dumb Welsh welt?

Answer me this fu*ktard:

Quote:
Do you agree that the IBF world champion title is worth a lot more than the Euro title, and stepping down may have influenced his training? Fu*king drama queen
Everytime this happens between us it ends the same way, with a weak as piss post of yours ending in lol.

Pommy hater

I love it
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 AM   #29
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Which probably further enforces my point that they don't get a shot at them because there isn't a mandatory or rankings policy.
but there never has been?

Youre argument doesn't explain why LESS australians are fighting for the belt.
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #30
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
What is the favor you need you pommy grub?

All i said was "Euro trash belt"? Did i ever say it was worthless or a waste of time you dumb Welsh welt?

Answer me this fu*ktard:

Everytime this happens between us it ends the same way, with a weak as piss post of yours ending in lol.

Pommy hater

I love it

The favour I ask is that you don't imply the belt is " Trash" then ask me to prove you were slating it ya criminal soap dodging backwater prick .

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum