boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #31
natep
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 362
Default Re: Dmitry Pirog discusses Sergio Martinez: If you think i stole your belt....

And it's not about the belt, it's about a good fight that boxing fans want. Problem is that Sergio Martinez thinks he deserves a shot at Pacquiao or Mayweather when his promoter can't seem to do his job, which is promoting! Martinez is strictly an HBO fighter meaning he fights two times a year. Meaning he gets exposure twice a year.
Dibella needs to get him in Argentina. He needs to keep Martinez more active even if that means not fighting on HBO for giant purses in 3/4th empty arenas.
natep is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #32
el mosquito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 112
Default Re: Dmitry Pirog discusses Sergio Martinez: If you think i stole your belt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by natep View Post
And it's not about the belt, it's about a good fight that boxing fans want. Problem is that Sergio Martinez thinks he deserves a shot at Pacquiao or Mayweather when his promoter can't seem to do his job, which is promoting! Martinez is strictly an HBO fighter meaning he fights two times a year. Meaning he gets exposure twice a year.
Dibella needs to get him in Argentina. He needs to keep Martinez more active even if that means not fighting on HBO for giant purses in 3/4th empty arenas.

Martinez thinks he is entitled to a fight with welterweights. He also thinks Pirog is not entitled to fight him.
el mosquito is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 03:34 AM   #33
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

LOL at Dmitry thinking he's going to get a fight with ***y Sergio. He needs to look in the mirror - he's an actual middleweight.

HBO wasn't interested in raising Pirog's profile, that might end up with Martinez having to get in the ring with him and HBO would like to see Sergio be a superstar. If Sergio ever DOES fight a decent middleweight, it'll be Sturm. He's the least risky.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #34
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Pirog is on it !!
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #35
Lunny

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by el mosquito View Post
look at all these Sergio***uals pretending that Pirog does not exist lmao
As a committed sergi***ual I would love it if Sergio fought pirog.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #36
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

vCash: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
LOL at Dmitry thinking he's going to get a fight with ***y Sergio. He needs to look in the mirror - he's an actual middleweight.

HBO wasn't interested in raising Pirog's profile, that might end up with Martinez having to get in the ring with him and HBO would like to see Sergio be a superstar. If Sergio ever DOES fight a decent middleweight, it'll be Sturm. He's the least risky.

Pavlik and Barker weren't actual and decent middleweights, then?
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #37
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post

...?
Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #38
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhogan View Post
If Martinez fights Pirog and ko Pirog, will you have alot of excuses like booradley did when martinez embarrass pavlik?
Pirog has 10x the boxing skill pavlik ever even dreamed of having.
elmaldito is online now  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #39
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Pavlik was a shot to hell drunk who handled Martinez easily during the moments he could keep his DT's from getting the best of him. Barker is total ass who would get beat by any decent US middleweight.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #40
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

Martinez will be literally like a tree to this challenge
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #41
christo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by el mosquito View Post
Bad news Sergio, pretending that Pirog does not exist does not make him disappear. He flew all the way from Russia to hunt you down lmao
I'd like to see a Lee/Pirog fight, and then HBO would force the fight
on sergio with whoever wins.
christo is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #42
christo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Way to ignore pretty much my entire post. My point in that instance wasn't that Dzinziruk and Barker are the most distinguished middleweights (though the former has had a better career than Pirog and the latter isn't that far apart from him in terms of resume). My point was that for an accusation of ducking to stick, Pirog would have to actually establish himself as the most legitimate number 2 in the division. Say Martinez fights Geale next. Is he still ducking Pirog, even though Geale's best win is significantly better?
I don't rate sylvester over jacobs, and proksa proved that. Geale
isn't on pirog's level, and the fights show that. Dibella knows pirog
is all wrong for sergio, and that's why pirog is a ghost to team maravilla.
christo is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #43
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post
I don't rate sylvester over jacobs, and proksa proved that.
Congrats, you're probably the only person that holds that view.

Quote:
Geale isn't on pirog's level, and the fights show that. Dibella knows pirog is all wrong for sergio, and that's why pirog is a ghost to team maravilla.
Or it could be that he knows that Pirog brings no money to the table (yes, less than Barker) and has done absolutely nothing to deserve that fight besides winning a vacant paper belt stripped from Martinez.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #44
Bodyshot99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 349

Dmitry Pirog discusses Sergio Martinez: If you think i stole your belt....

....fight me and prove that it belongs to you.

Spoken like a true warrior. i love watching sergio fight, but if he is going to continue to chase pacman and floyd instead of fighting the competiton in his face, pirog should go ahead and **** him up on sight.
Bodyshot99 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #45
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
Pavlik was a shot to hell drunk who handled Martinez easily during the moments he could keep his DT's from getting the best of him. Barker is total ass who would get beat by any decent US middleweight.
I know, I know. And Joe Louis made his bones on bums, etc, etc. Keep up the Bernieisms. They're all gems.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum