Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #46
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Dmitry Pirog discusses Sergio Martinez: If you think i stole your belt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyshot99 View Post
Dmitry Pirog discusses Sergio Martinez: If you think i stole your belt....

....fight me and prove that it belongs to you.

Spoken like a true warrior. i love watching sergio fight, but if he is going to continue to chase pacman and floyd instead of fighting the competiton in his face, pirog should go ahead and **** him up on sight.

Pirog's skill is evident. Good defense, lateral movement, combinations, can fight inside and while backing up = Problems for Martinez.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #47
christo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dmitry Pirog discusses Sergio Martinez: If you think i stole your belt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Congrats, you're probably the only person that holds that view.

No, you're the only person who disagrees with no-nothing.

Or it could be that he knows that Pirog brings no money to the table (yes, less than Barker) and has done absolutely nothing to deserve that fight besides winning a vacant paper belt stripped from Martinez.
How the hell do you know. You're just a poster on a website mr
delusional, not a promoter. Wake up rodney, the bell rung.
christo is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 AM   #48
Fan88
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Low reward high risk. This has been discussed to death a million times. Pirog needs to establish himself after 3-4 very solid wins over top MWs like Lee, Sturm, Geale in order to challenge the #3 man in boxing.

You gotta earn your shots at the best men, like Sergio has. Pirog deserves to be ignored for the time being until he works his way up the ladder.

Can anyone without a hidden agenda give a convincing argument that Martinez fighting Pirog is a smart move given the reward/risk ratio? It would be an incredibly dumb thing for Sergio to do at this point.
Fan88 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #49
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan88 View Post
Low reward high risk. This has been discussed to death a million times. Pirog needs to establish himself after 3-4 very solid wins over top MWs like Lee, Sturm, Geale in order to challenge the #3 man in boxing.

You gotta earn your shots at the best men, like Sergio has. Pirog deserves to be ignored for the time being until he works his way up the ladder.
Actually, Sergio and his team want no part of Pirog, who is the best possible opponent out there for anyone calling himself a middleweight champion. Sergio wants to call out little guys and fight no hoper euro level guys for as long as he can, because he knows and YOU know that as soon as he gets in the ring with Pirog the whole ride is over and it's back to anonymity. It might be over if he even steps in the ring with Sturm.

Best reason to fight Pirog? Because Pirog is the champ and Sergio is now perceived as being frightened of top middleweights, and viewed as a bitch for constantly calling out little guys. His credibility is just about gone.

Put it this way: Sergio against ANY better than ordinary middleweight = HUGE risk for ***y Sergio.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 02:21 AM   #50
Fan88
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Pirog does not have a single win that rivals what Sergio did with Williams, Pavlik or Dzin.

Pirog is extremely talented but who the hell was he before he beat up a hypejob?

IF Pirog beats Sturm and Lee (and Im being generous) then you can make the argument that he has "earned" a shot at martinez.

But people are being way too harsh on Martinez for wanting a big money fight that he has earned the hard way.

Look, the guy was supposed to lose to Cintron (got robbed). He was also supposed to lose to Williams x2 (arguably robbed once) and he was also supposed to lose to Pavlik (embarrassed him) I think the man deserves a break and a payday.
Fan88 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 03:20 AM   #51
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict

vCash: 1395

Pirog would knock Sergio out. Sergio fights a lot like Danny Jacobs.

To beat Pirog, it would take a powerful offensive fighter like Marvin Hagler. I would give Pavlik a better chance to beat Pirog than I would to Martinez.
Beatle is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 03:24 AM   #52
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict

vCash: 1395

Pirog has fought some good fighters, like Sergey Tatevosyan and Kofi Jantuah. He fought for the Russian MW title in only his 5th fight.
Beatle is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 05:12 AM   #53
el mosquito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 112

Quote:

Can anyone without a hidden agenda give a convincing argument that Martinez fighting Pirog is a smart move given the reward/risk ratio? It would be an incredibly dumb thing for Sergio to do at this point.
wow, you have just stated a case that Martinez is cherry picking opponents.
el mosquito is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #54
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

Quote:

Have you seen the records of the guys Martinez fought in the years before fighting Bunema, Cintron, Williams?
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #55
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post
Have you seen the records of the guys Martinez fought in the years before fighting Bunema, Cintron, Williams?
That's not cherrypicking or "not earning his shot" and you reveal your ignorance of boxing if you that's how you try to frame it. There's an entire world of boxing's underclass that many fans never see and that Martinez was a part of. He was fighting in Europe while holding part-time jobs; this wasn't some masterplan for him to inflate his record to get a title shot, it was simply a way for him to make a living. Hell for most of his time in Europe he didn't even have a promoter. Beyond that though, he did earn his way up the ladder. He won his IBO belt as a short-notice opponent who was supposed to lose. He defeated Saul Roman in a WBC title eliminator, but still had to wait around for both Oscar and Forrest to avoid him. And he earned his shot against Pavlik by being the best-looking guy from 154-160 besides Williams (who Pavlik for whatever reason couldn't come to terms with).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
It might be over if he even steps in the ring with Sturm.

Quote:
Best reason to fight Pirog? Because Pirog is the champ
I'm sorry, could you refresh my memory as to what makes Pirog a champ?
purephase is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #56
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post

I'm sorry, could you refresh my memory as to what makes Pirog a champ?

The WBO belt.
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #57
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:

How exactly did Darren Barker earn his shot at the best man?
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #58
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle View Post

To beat Pirog, it would take a powerful offensive fighter like Marvin Hagler. I would give Pavlik a better chance to beat Pirog than I would to Martinez.

LMAOFL!!!! And this is how the hypejobs get done! Oh my the things that are said on ESB We don't know alot about Pirog or what he is capable of, yes he beat Jacobs who beat......hmmm....get my point? Pirog is looking for a shortcut to fame by fighting Sergio. What Pirog needs to do is stablish himself and get some decent names under his belt. Pirog looked good against Jacobs but that is all we know. I remember the hype train that said Lemeiux was the next BIG thing in MW and now that he lost everyone and their mother now say the next BIG thing at MW is Pirog.

Oh and remember Sergio Martinez got to the top by taking on fights he was suppose to lose (Cintron, Williams, Pavlik) but didn't. Just like Maidana got to be one of the 140lbs best by taking a fight he was brought in to lose (Ortiz) but didn't. And I can continue. Pirog already beat a "prospect" continue on stacking names and soon he will be there.
str1 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #59
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle View Post

He fights nothing like Danny Jacobs.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #60
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
How exactly did Darren Barker earn his shot at the best man?

It was suppose to be an "easy" fight. Like a "stay busy" fight that boxers take after taking on tough opponents. This was said by his team after Dzin fight.
str1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum