Yes, but he didn't need them to win 25 11.68%
No, he didn't have bricks, he just beat Cotto's ass 53 24.77%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #31
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675
Default Re: Cotto Margarito I--- BRICKS OR NO BRICKS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
We'll never know for sure, but I believe he had them and wore down Cotto's face in a way never before experienced.
Cottos face always broke down. Did Pac use loaded gloves also??
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #32
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtz View Post
i think he cheated from his corners conversation but you need to know spanish for that ... if you do then youtube it, theres no other possible way to interpret the questions asked by his cutman and trainer ...
Pues si supieras Espanol entenderias que lo que le pregunto fue "Como esta la pegada(Cotto)"
Margarito dijo que estaba bien. Que no le molestaba.

In other words How is Cottos punch. Its fine (doesnt bother me)
Old 10-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #33
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
Are you 9, thinking that he would load up against SSM and not the guy who just beat SSM
who loaded what..last i know they're both out and about enjoying life...if it was really that serious, capetillo would've been behind bars
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #34
boricua_fan

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Well lets see in the state of Nevada where the Cotto fight was held the rules are the commission will provide you with everything that goes on the fighters hands. You can not use anything from your gym. There is a Nevada state athletic commision guy there watching that and also Evangelista Cotto was watching the wrapping of the hands that night.
In California where the Mosley fight was held you are allowed to bring your own wrapping material.

So if you think Capetillo is some sort of wizard who snuck in loaded pads and put them on Margaritos hands in front of the Nevada agent and Evangelista then i guess you have an argument saying he did use bricks. If you are sane and not racist or anything other than Puerto Rican you should probably come to the conclusion that Margarito just has Cottos number and he will show it again.
Was going to post that. He wore Cotto down, he took Cotto's best shots and didn't buckle, what other fighter took those shots and kept bringing pressure against him?
boricua_fan is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #35
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua_fan View Post
Was going to post that. He wore Cotto down, he took Cotto's best shots and didn't buckle, what other fighter took those shots and kept bringing pressure against him?
I just dont understand why PR fans just cant admit it. Its not like Cotto was known for having a great chin and endless stamina.

The decision you had to make before picking a winner here was
"Would Cotto be able to keep stun Margarito and keep him off him?"
I said yes and picked Cotto to win but we all saw he was not able to deter Margarito even with his best shots.
The best he can do now is box and clinch which i dont think he will do this time around and with the psychological factor here i think Margarito stops him even sooner. Maybe even the first 4 rounds.

Bet big on Margarito. Bodog has him listed at +165 which is huge. I have still to decide how much i want to bet on this fight.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #36
boricua_fan

It pissed me off, when Marg won the radio stations in PR were saying he was in steroids, just like when Tito lost against Hopkins they were saying Tito sold out because of 9/11
boricua_fan is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #37
tanker19k
Estrella de Caguax
ESB Jr Member

margarito did what icecube had to do to beat deebo= brick to the face
tanker19k is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #38
killuminix
yes im back
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

lewistko6vitali
foreman hoooooooooooooooooooooooook
killuminix is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #39
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Cottos face always broke down. Did Pac use loaded gloves also??

It looked different to me.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #40
mtz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Pues si supieras Espanol entenderias que lo que le pregunto fue "Como esta la pegada(Cotto)"
Margarito dijo que estaba bien. Que no le molestaba.

In other words How is Cottos punch. Its fine (doesnt bother me)
his cutman asks him hows your "pegada"? (in spanish the ONLY accurate way to translate this is "hit/power" for example my pegada is better than yours meaning i hit harder that you, not just that i hit you but the strength behind the hit...that being said wtf type of question is that in boxing. when cutman ask how the pegada marg responds I DONT KNOW so WTF were they talking about cause you always know how your normal "pegada" or power behind a punch is or your opponents because he had been hit with a lot of power punches by then...To further implicate things his trainer says "no te confies ninguna pegada" and its the only thing that gets translated into english where they are saying oh dont be overconfident forget the "hitting"... but they miss the context spanish is too complicated and most translators do a horrible job... "dont be overconfident about/on the pegada/power"

trust me that question does not get asked in the context they were using it...

it is a lil complicated because its hard to define or exactly describe the word pegada in english but it is undeniable truth that he cheated.... go watch the fight when they go to the corner after round 3 and youll get the feeling of how sketch the conversion is after the cutman speaks i would pay for a whole vid of the 3 rnd break in tony's corner

i honestly think cottos needed about 50 % more movement and stamina to win that fight and would have collapsed either way BUT marg still cheated

cotto had to feel what was happening and just let it all go before rnd 6 and he would have KO him because real power accumulates tegardless of how good you can take a punch... he would lose THAT fight regardless now the second fight hes going to teach marg the definition of boxing
mtz is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #41
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I don't see how. I'm no pro boxer, but I bet if I hit a guy with brass knuckles he's not gonna last 11 rounds with me.
I can understand how something hardens over time, but as many punches as Margarito landed through 11 rounds...Theres no way somebody lasts, and is not permanently brain damage at the end. Even Zab Judah had Cotto rocked...
Besides, more than his fist, it was Margo's determination, and chin that won him that fight. He would not be denied.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #42
mtz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
I don't see how. I'm no pro boxer, but I bet if I hit a guy with brass knuckles he's not gonna last 11 rounds with me.
I can understand how something hardens over time, but as many punches as Margarito landed through 11 rounds...Theres no way somebody lasts, and is not permanently brain damage at the end. Even Zab Judah had Cotto rocked...
Besides, more than his fist, it was Margo's determination, and chin that won him that fight. He would not be denied.
that he def had you can see capetillo do an awesome job at telling him we need MORE punches(he had thrown 105 the round prior lol) more energy telling him rnds are leaving he needs to act NOW and marg was already wound up, mentally marg wanted it more
mtz is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #43
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

No bricks.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #44
mtz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

his uncle did SUCH A BAD JOB omg the only thing he did right was telling him to not get aught in the ropes but gave him the wrong energy no plan b and just sucked

IF Cotto fights round 8 for 12 rounds in the rematch he will win and score a late tko
mtz is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #45
boxingboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

bricks....the odds of him getting caught the VERY first time he used them are slim. Hes a cheater and i think cooto will dominate most of the rematch..cotto by UD
boxingboy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum