Old 10-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #31
SRCP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather-Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty View Post
He came back stronger in the same round. There is no indication that he was on his way out. That's when you see a guy go into survival mode for about 2 rounds to clear the cob webs. It is pretty clear that he was not going to get knocked out after about 20 seconds after the shot.
To me, it's just that he grabbed on so hard to Mosley's arm and recovered quickly and was so much better than Mosley, who was a jittery, nervous mess and could not land a thing. But I thought for a moment there that Floyd was very badly hurt, spaghetti legs too. I think one more flush shot from Mosley and he could have gotten lucky.
SRCP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #32
SRCP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Don't think the Toney ****ogy fits, S. Floyd's never come in ring at less than his best.
Toney is miles ahead in skills and in what he accomplished, even if not 100% fit it was shocking that he lost.
SRCP is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #33
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

As much as I may want Pacquiao to win this fight, at the end of the day, he's probably too hittable with the straight right hand and doesn't possess the necessary offensive tools to get his attack set up against a defensive genius and guy who can control distance pretty well. I think it would be a very competitive fight though because Pacquiao has exceptionally quick feet, great hand speed and timing, and the heart of a lion...and also because Mayweather's legs have slowed a bit. Cleaner punches will go to Mayweather in the majority of the rounds though.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #34
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

As a fan I don't really care about how much they earn. It was the right fight to make years ago and *****ing and politics has stopped it from happening. There is no other sport where this would happen. Them not fighting has turned me off to the sport big time.
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #35
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRCP View Post
Toney is miles ahead in skills and in what he accomplished, even if not 100% fit it was shocking that he lost.
In skills? how do you figure? Floyd seems more consistent to me.
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #36
SRCP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo View Post
As a fan I don't really care about how much they earn. It was the right fight to make years ago and *****ing and politics has stopped it from happening. There is no other sport where this would happen. Them not fighting has turned me off to the sport big time.
They are both assholes. I really can't stand both of them right now. People need to stop buying both their ****ty, overpriced PPVs. It's a disgrace.
SRCP is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #37
SRCP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post
In skills? how do you figure? Floyd seems more consistent to me.
I meant TONEY compared to TIBERI.
SRCP is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #38
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRCP View Post
To me, it's just that he grabbed on so hard to Mosley's arm and recovered quickly and was so much better than Mosley, who was a jittery, nervous mess and could not land a thing. But I thought for a moment there that Floyd was very badly hurt, spaghetti legs too. I think one more flush shot from Mosley and he could have gotten lucky.
Mosley followed up and landed some pretty big shots. He hurt Mayweather 3-4 times in that sequence. Even got a good body shot in. But Floyd actually has defense. NOBODY is going to just land clean on him when he is hurt as like I said before he still had his wits. He was not like Khan in the Maidana fight. It's not that Mosley could not finish is that Mayweather's defense is just that good. You are not hitting him with a combo.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #39
TheAnswer5

vCash: 500

Quote:
I'm a big Pac fan, but can you think of reasons he has any shot at beating Floyd?

No, there's no reasons in my opinion. Floyd wins hands down he's much too skilled for any fighter. It would be great to see though.
TheAnswer5 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #40
TheAnswer5

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'el nino' View Post
Punch power
Workrate
speed
chin
resume
ATG rating even if he lost to mayweather
Never ducking anyone.

PS : **** you
Speed- questionable hard to measure
Work Rate- How about accuracy? Pacquiao throws way more punches so his workrate might be higher...but his connection percentage isn't nearly as high as Floyd.
Chin- Floyd has taken big shots and came back and came back and dominated (i.e. Mosley, Judah, etc.)

Resume- ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Outside of Miguel Cotto Mayweather has beat all the top guys that Pacquaio has gone up against in recent years. Who did Pacquaio fight that was so much better than anyone Mayweather has ever fought.

He will be an ATG can't argue you there.

You can't prove that Mayweather is ducking anyone just like you can't prove if Manny was taking steroids therefore, it's a bull**** arguement. There's more going on that we can't see & that's why the fight isn't going on.

P.S. **** you too haha.

Last edited by TheAnswer5; 10-08-2011 at 07:26 PM.
TheAnswer5 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #41
Jimjom
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
...but can you? Jj
i think people underestimate pacquaios elusiveness, sure he's not the backfoot boxer floyd is, but he is adept in the art of counter punching and uses angles brilliantly, someting a lot of floyd's opponents lack, he doesn't plant his feet or blinding march in, he's quicker and more powerful than anything floyd will have faced, and he's relentless, you think if he gets tagged by a few straight rights early on he'll slow down? floyd will not have seen anything like this imho, pacquaio will be throwing at him and using his experience of being in the ring with better people than floyd ever has, and if he catches floyd he'll do better than mosley did
Jimjom is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #42
Jimjom
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer5 View Post
Work Rate- How about accuracy? Pacquiao throws way more punches but his connection percentage isn't nearly as high as Floyd.
Chin- Floyd has taken big shots and came back and dominated (i.e. Mosley, Judah, etc.)

Resume- ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Pacquaio has the same resume as Floyd. outside of Miguel Cotto Mayweather has beat all the top guys that Pacquaio has gone up against.

You can't prove that Mayweather is ducking anyone just like you can't prove if Manny was taking steroids. There's more going on that we can't see. Probably a money issue.

P.S. **** you too
in common opponents manny does better, but manny's been in with barrera morales, cooto margarito, whereas floyd has had ortiz, baldomir, hatton, big show
Jimjom is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #43
Jimjom
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Work Rate- How about accuracy? Pacquiao throws way more punches but his connection percentage isn't nearly as high as Floyd.
Chin- Floyd has taken big shots and came back and dominated (i.e. Mosley, Judah, etc.)

Resume- ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Pacquaio has the same resume as Floyd. outside of Miguel Cotto Mayweather has beat all the top guys that Pacquaio has gone up against.

You can't prove that Mayweather is ducking anyone just like you can't prove if Manny was taking steroids. There's more going on that we can't see. Probably a money issue.

P.S. **** you too
i agree there, i think they fought the longer they delayed it the more hype, whereas in reality people have got bored so they want interest to reignite
Jimjom is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #44
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

P.S. **** you too
Mayweather has Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Jesus Chavez, Zab Judah, Victor Ortiz, Carlos Hernandez, Corley, Gatti, etc. Pac's got Chatchai Sasakul, Lehlohonolo Ledwaba, MAB, Morales, a younger and lighter Marquez, Margarito, Clottey, Larios etc. Their resume are quite different aside from a few common opponents here and there.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #45
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well, it'd be very bad for the sport if Pac, or Mayweather lose in the meantime. That's the thing about not making these "Mega fights" while the fighters have been bulldozing the competition.
If Ortiz would have kept pressuring, didn't take much of a backwards step, and didn't become a mental midget...Who knows what could have happened?
Pac vs Marquez is obviously in favor of Pac, but Marquez could get lucky.

There kind of running out of *NAMES* as well. Meaning if they don't fight eachother, and want to draw a decent paycheck... They gotta fight good fighters, who are typically younger than them, and although green... could dethrone them. Khan vs Mayweather, Pac vs Bradley, either vs Martinez. It'd be a shame if one of these guys lose, and then the mega fight don't happen.
Primenal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum