Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-07-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
christos

vCash: 500
Default about my weight

I want ask if its possible gain 3-5 kilos with out lift weights.When i ask somebody told me that if i eat more than i burn this will go fat.I go 4 times a week in the boxing gym and allways after the workout i stay and do some pull ups ,push ups,deeps.I dont want to put extra days because of work.
christos is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: about my weight

Yeah its possible to gain weight with out lifting weights. Thats why you see a lot of fat shits around who never lifted a weight. I assume you ment muscle weight and if you eat more calories then you need to will gain weight and if you stimulate the muscles enough they will use the calories to rebuild hence putting on muscle. So yeah
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #3
christos

thnks!For legs we do allways in the end jump squats.You know something more than i can do?pistols or something?
christos is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
bobandweave
Journeyman

There are a lot of variables but old fashioned boxing training tends to make you smaller. In boxing weight only becomes an issue when you aren't fighting in your natural division. There days kids spend a lot of time pumping iron then starving and dehydrating themselves to make weight. Not something I would want to do.
bobandweave is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
christos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandweave View Post
There are a lot of variables but old fashioned boxing training tends to make you smaller. In boxing weight only becomes an issue when you aren't fighting in your natural division. There days kids spend a lot of time pumping iron then starving and dehydrating themselves to make weight. Not something I would want to do.
"smaller"?I dont want super hypertrophy.I am 1.73 and 75 kilos.I want take 3 kilos at least but not fut.I did sme weights in summer but now i dont.Anyway i start eat more and clean food and i rest 3 days a week.I think its more dificult take those killos while i train at boxing but what i can do...
christos is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

The thing is... You have to fight according to your bone structure. I'm not shitting you. What I mean is... Well... I'm built small. I might stand at six feet but I'm very slim; infact, I'm fairly muscular (not big at all, but lean and strong looking) but it's all built around small bones. Wrists and ankles are the biggest giveaways. I'm sure I could pack on twenty pounds by eating 4000 calories each day and taking up a body building programme, but that'd mean I'd have to fight people who are just naturally bigger than me.

What I'm trying to say is that weight is not just weight. You think Ray Leonard could have reached 215lbs in muscle and taken Mike Tyson? Doesn't work like that. Some blokes are small, some blokes are big. Each have their advantages.

In my opinion, the best boxing training is mostly traditional - the thing you want to change is intensity. So no six mile jogs. Well maybe once every two weeks. Make it a five minute mile, or quicker if you can. That is but one example. Keep equipment like the speed bag - good for shoulder endurance and timing - and the floor-to-ceiling ball. Spend a lot of time on that one. Sparring, pads, heavy bag and general calisthenics. I'm a fan of skipping for footwork, endurance and timing, just make sure you mix in some very intense rounds.

Add some plyometrics and maximal strength training (with weights, without, doesn't matter). You may gain a small amount of weight, which is fine, but in a sport like this where everything is weight controlled, avoid piling on the pounds intentionally as it won't necessarily benefit you.
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95

1.73 and 75Kilos? bro im 1.73 and 61Kg and i have half a kilo fat i can still lose, you better turn your fat into muscle first
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #8
christos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
1.73 and 75Kilos? bro im 1.73 and 61Kg and i have half a kilo fat i can still lose, you better turn your fat into muscle first
you are right,yeah.
christos is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 04:49 AM   #9
christos

thanks manassa.I never like bodybuilding stuff and i dont believe in the fast way to do thikgs.I will continue the same way of training and try to stay at same kilos at first and after if i can i will take up .
christos is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #10
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Mannassa is right. I've boxed for four years at 5"11 1/2 at ~142lbs and although I may have looked to not be built strong to the average person (Hearns-like), it felt great. I was fast, hit hard and had good stamina. Since earlier this year I sort of retired from boxing and took on weight training instead (I like the exercise). I'm around 163lbs now with little fat gain, but also little punching power gain. Yeah, I'm better at lifting weights now, but in boxing terms: I'm a bit less fast, maybe a slightly harder puncher, less stamina and more importantly, I'd be facing guys who are naturally at this weight. Pound-for-pound I'm not half the boxer I used to be.

I would advice against any dedicated weight program if you want to be good at boxing.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #11
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
you are right,yeah.
Umm muscle mass weighs more then same amount of fat so if the problem is you being to heavy why would you turn fat into muscle? wouldnt that just mae you heavier??
Juxhin probably meant lose the fat or something but even so christos you should research stuff yourself instead of just agreeing and listening to others on a forum.
BTW no disrespect intended
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #12
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
Umm muscle mass weighs more then same amount of fat so if the problem is you being to heavy why would you turn fat into muscle? wouldnt that just mae you heavier??
Juxhin probably meant lose the fat or something but even so christos you should research stuff yourself instead of just agreeing and listening to others on a forum.
BTW no disrespect intended
non takin, u have a small point that you might weigh more but from the sounds of it this guy has 2 possible body types: lots of fat and no muscle or lots of muscle and little fat. I said it for the 2nd body type cause the first its obvious he doesnt want to put more fat. If he turns his fat into his muscle then his muscle will be able to carry itself. Its hard to explain on the forum but if u have 20Kg muscle and 5Kg fat its much harder than 27Kg muscle and 0.5Kg fat. Mind you, a bit of fat is good
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #13
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I hope you guys don't believe you can change fat into muscle.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #14
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
no but you can use fat as an energy to burn and with that energy you build muscle, am i right?
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #15
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
nah i dont. What i ment was lose weight by burning fat and losing fat and then regaining that weight by putting on muscle
pichuchu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing