Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #91
Elvizzz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bute:People will judge after the Johnson fight if I知 a top super middleweight or

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
You Kessler hater !!!
Elvizzz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 04:02 AM   #92
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Bute:People will judge after the Johnson fight if I知 a top super middleweight or

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
Lets put it the other way. A lot of people are saying that Bute is untested, well that means that we dont know what will happened.

I'm not one of those and you and Bat are not too if I'm not mistaken. We all know Bute is pretty good, we cant just rank him exactly since he didnt fight top 3 yet.
Yes, I agree. We have not seen Bute's limits.

I think he is good, but how good remains to be seen and I don't expect the Johnson fight to tell us anything about that. Because the only way it can is if Bute loses and I dont think that will happen.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 04:07 AM   #93
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'll explain it so even you could understand.
You say a guy who's been Ko'ed in by Berrio and Andrade is better than a guy with a loger career and that fough the elite of the sport that never been Ko'ed and had only once been down, even that being questionale.
Get it now
Well... I think Stieglitz would not have lost to guys like Joseph Kiwanukam, Merqui Sosa (perhaps same with Silvio Branco, Vanderpool, Sheika etc. although they would be hard opponents) that Johnson lost to at 168.

On the other hand I don't think Johnson would have lost to Berrio and Andrade by KO because Johnson has an iron chin.

At this point in time they are about the same level. Stieglitz ranks higher on almost all rankings, but I think they are very even as opponents right now.

A younger hungry Stieglitz with the pride of a champion defending his belt.

and the old worn journeyman (in the sense that he travels here and there) at his very last leg of his career. Looking at the odds tells us that the fans betting on the fights think Stieglitz has a better chance than Johnson has - although both are big underdogs.

If it was a fight of resumes then Johnson would win hands down, but as opponents right this moment in time they are every even as opponents.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 04:18 AM   #94
drozzy
AERE
ESB Addict

vCash: 550

All that Stieglitz brings to Kessler is a piece of hardware to address negotiation power issues.

Johnson brings experience, toughness and a correlation to the S6.

For the record, Johnson beats down Stieglitz to a late KO/TKO even at this point. Two different classes of fighter.
drozzy is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 04:40 AM   #95
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAverage View Post
Well... I think Stieglitz would not have lost to guys like Joseph Kiwanukam, Merqui Sosa (perhaps same with Silvio Branco, Vanderpool, Sheika etc. although they would be hard opponents) that Johnson lost to at 168.

On the other hand I don't think Johnson would have lost to Berrio and Andrade by KO because Johnson has an iron chin.

At this point in time they are about the same level. Stieglitz ranks higher on almost all rankings, but I think they are very even as opponents right now.

A younger hungry Stieglitz with the pride of a champion defending his belt.

and the old worn journeyman (in the sense that he travels here and there) at his very last leg of his career. Looking at the odds tells us that the fans betting on the fights think Stieglitz has a better chance than Johnson has - although both are big underdogs.

If it was a fight of resumes then Johnson would win hands down, but as opponents right this moment in time they are every even as opponents.
Who wins a fight between "a younger hungry and with a mentality of a champion defending that belt that gives him powers beyond our wild imagination" Stieglitz and Johnson?
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #96
neuromancer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think Froch is better off fighting in someone else's backyard than in his own. Look what happened when he had it in the Dirrell fight.
neuromancer is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #97
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
I think Froch is better off fighting in someone else's backyard than in his own. Look what happened when he had it in the Dirrell fight.
Is not the venue but the style and the fighter that gave him problems.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #98
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'll explain it so even you could understand.
You say a guy who's been Ko'ed in by Berrio and Andrade is better than a guy with a loger career and that fough the elite of the sport that never been Ko'ed and had only once been down, even that being questionale.
Get it now
Johnson is ancient and his best win in a long time is against Allan Green. I think Stieglitz latest run surpasses that.

Johnson is still a very able fighter. I have never said otherwise, but I, as well as most others non Bute-stans, have Stieglitz rated slightly above Johnson.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #99
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlok View Post
Thought you were already drunk when you said that Stieglitz was a better win then Jonhson

Have a good one my friend and drink a couples for me since i'm only leaving work on the 13th !
Thanks I did.

I zigzagged home 10 miles on my bike without crashing...... Quite a feat.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #100
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post
Thanks I did.

I zigzagged home 10 miles on my bike without crashing...... Quite a feat.
good to know you came back healthy I'm working on my liver to be ready for when i leave camp for home
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #101
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Quote:
Bute found a goal in his next bout against Glen Johnson, once more after the Andrade fight this man is preparing himself to make a statement to the world.

LUCIAN BUTE:
擢ighting in Quebec City is special for me. I have very fond memories of my fight and big win in 2009 at the Pepsi Coliseum and I知 very happy to be fighting there again in front of my fans. Quebec City is a fight town, so I expect a great atmosphere come Nov. 5.
On switching training camp locations from Miami to West Palm Beach:
典here are not so many differences in this training camp than others. We may have changed gyms and the city but the rest of my preparation is the same.
的 have good sparring partners with Alejandro Berrio and Randy Griffin. I知 halfway through my training camp and I feel very good. I知 in good shape. I expect a tough battle from Johnson so I have to be well prepared.
撤eople will judge after the Johnson fight if I知 a top super middleweight or not. I faced my obligations as an IBF champion and fought top-rated opponents. Kessler and Pavlik refused to fight me. So now, I知 in front of the biggest challenge in my career and I want to win and make a statement. After this fight, I want to fight the Super Six winner.
的知 training for a 12-round fight. My objective is to win the fight and stay world champion. I don稚 depend on the KO but if it comes that would be a terrific ending to my fight.

GLEN JOHNSON :
的知 ready for all the surprises Bute wants to show me on Nov. 5. I know how good he is but I知 going to have some surprises for him, too.
On his next fight if he beats Bute:
添ou never know, it depends on what TV and my fans want to see. But I am not going to talk about others fighters other than Lucian right now. I知 concentrated on him, I知 preparing for him, I知 focused on him, and I`m getting ready to beat him. We`ll talk about other fighters after.
的 am aware it痴 a huge challenge to fight Bute in Quebec City, but I知 looking forward to the fight. I can`t wait.
的 don稚 need to spar with a fighter to know that I can beat him. Yes, I trained with Bute in the past. Yes, we had good sparring together and yes I知 very confident I can beat this guy. That`s all that needs to be said.
的 can稚 lose my next fight with Bute. I知 the one who needs the victory the most. It痴 a do or die situation for me.
Yep. This will prove a few things:

1. Is Bute Number 1?
2. Is he only top 5?
3. Is he Number 2?
4. Is Johnson shot?

ect.

I feel he is #1 SMW. Now it is time to prove it.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #102
drozzy
AERE
ESB Addict

vCash: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post
Johnson is ancient and his best win in a long time is against Allan Green. I think Stieglitz latest run surpasses that.

Johnson is still a very able fighter. I have never said otherwise, but I, as well as most others non Bute-stans, have Stieglitz rated slightly above Johnson.
Hey Bat, you know that Allan Green guy, Johnson dropped him via overhand right, right..?

Allan Green had just lasted 12 rounds, YES 12 rounds, with a fighter named Andre Ward... remember THAT guy?

What has Stieglitz done since getting smashed around by Andrade?!???

Balzsay and Gutknecht were always well respected, but who did they ever beat?!

Gevor is a MW. 5'8" Gevor is a disaster at SMW.

Ornelas - fairly good win considering the circumstances. Stieglitz was taken to DEEEEP waters (and well he shouldn't have been).

Like I said... Johnson would beat down Stieglitz to a late KO/TKO. Stieglitz is WIDE open.. and of course, Kessler is gonna enjoy that piece.
drozzy is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #103
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Yep. This will prove a few things:

1. Is Bute Number 1?
2. Is he only top 5?
3. Is he Number 2?
4. Is Johnson shot?

ect.

I feel he is #1 SMW. Now it is time to prove it.
No no no, not that. You never really prove your #1 facing #6 , and at the same thime #1 is facing #2.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #104
neuromancer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Is not the venue but the style and the fighter that gave him problems.
that goes without question; I was merely trying to bring out the mental factor of fighting in your own backyard as opposed to fighting in someone else's: for some boxers it can work up to a point where they become relaxed and know they can win no matter what, whereas for others getting too relaxed and confident could be a major risk.
In case of Froch, who is a mentally strong fighter, I think there's added motivation when he fights away; he displayed it on several occasions. At least this is what I think.
neuromancer is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #105
Sidious
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No no no, not that. You never really prove your #1 facing #6 , and at the same thime #1 is facing #2.
and whos #1 and whos #2 ? i'm getting tired that people rate a cheater as #1 or #2.ward is going to get exposed really soon,froch will end him and hopefully he will join his buddy direll and we won't have to hear from him again.
Sidious is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum