boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #31
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How is Mundine fighting for the interim title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right View Post
Its the fight game. It has always been this way. Sure I agree the WBA is a fraud withy 3 titles with no valid reason, but there has always been bogus titles.

Boxing is a great part of the world. It is the most natural form of combat. When ppl get in a fight at a pub or a football match (apart from soccer, because it might mess their hair up) they punch, its in our DNA. No doubt there are things to change in the game. But there is no real point *****ing on here about it. If you don't like it then go back and watch soccer. Boxing is boxing and should love it for what it is.
I love boxing also and have followed it since the mid 1980's and will always follow it. I love watching elite level boxers go against each other.

I also am a big follower of elite level football or soccer as ignorant people like you call it. It clearly annoys you that "soccer" is clearly the number 1 sport in the world. You need to accept this.

You are wrong about the most natural form of fighting and your example of a pub fight is also incorrect imo. When general people have an argument which escalates it will generally start with pushing/punchers/kicking out at each other and both parties will inevitably end up tangled up - more mixed martial arts than boxing.

As I said earlier I will tell it how I see it and boxing is in the worst state it has been in imo since I have followed the sport. Pretty much all the boxing organisations are bringing the sport down. And you are having a go at me for stating the obvious.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 03:17 AM   #32
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151

Its no wonder there's so many riots at the soccer cause it so ****ing boring there's nothing else to do.
Francis would of been a great soccer player clutching his leg withering in pain on the ground while replays showed he wasn't touched
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 03:20 AM   #33
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post
Its no wonder there's so many riots at the soccer cause it so ****ing boring there's nothing else to do.
Francis would of been a great soccer player clutching his leg withering in pain on the ground while replays showed he wasn't touched
# See previous post regarding ignorant people.

Cheers.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 03:39 AM   #34
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 04:24 AM   #35
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
When he's right he's right Kegsy.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 05:47 AM   #36
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

See?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
You tell him Gav, Francine is a ****smoker, watches soccer but has never played a sport in his life, claims to watch boxing and does nothing but ***** and moan about it and accuse people of being trolls...watch him come here and call me a troll now or maybe he won't even bother to reply because I reckon he can't resist replying but we'll see and whatever he does I predicted it because he's such a pre-****-table ****
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #37
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

No way.

Sure there will be pushing. This is to test the other guys general strength out. If he is pushing you must harder than you push him then you need to think about some other options. But if all is pretty even then its game on, and for sure its a punch and then some more. Kicking will get you no where out of the ring or octagon - maybe in self defence with low licks to take their legs away - but not man on man. Their might be some knees and elbows if goes up against a wall, otherwise its punch on.

Remember, natural combat is very different than in the ring and octagon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
You are wrong about the most natural form of fighting and your example of a pub fight is also incorrect imo. When general people have an argument which escalates it will generally start with pushing/punchers/kicking out at each other and both parties will inevitably end up tangled up - more mixed martial arts than boxing.
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #38
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Leave fr**** alone, soccer is a mad sport for chicks to play
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #39
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No way.

Sure there will be pushing. This is to test the other guys general strength out. If he is pushing you must harder than you push him then you need to think about some other options. But if all is pretty even then its game on, and for sure its a punch and then some more. Kicking will get you no where out of the ring or octagon - maybe in self defence with low licks to take their legs away - but not man on man. Their might be some knees and elbows if goes up against a wall, otherwise its punch on.

Seriously Gav...... I gotta ask you this.... Have you ever been involved in a Pub or street fight in your life?
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #40
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Of course. Pub, school yard and footy. Won some and lost some. Been a while as stay outta that now. Just a normal bloke mate. Havent you been in a few blues. Im sure we all have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker View Post
Seriously Gav...... I gotta ask you this.... Have you ever been involved in a Pub or street fight in your life?
Old 10-10-2011, 06:39 AM   #41
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Tell us some badass street fight stories?
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #42
lvthefightgame
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Look just want to see him win then see if he steps up to the plate with trout then we will see if all those demands trout tried to put in there fight clause were the real reason why mundine went this way around ( to give him more bargining power at the table) or will he just duck him we will see soon enough.cheers mundine fan
lvthefightgame is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #43
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
No way.

Big swinging roundhouse punches may come naturally to some, but throwing punches like a boxer comes from training Gav, not from some base instinct.

You ever seen a chimpanzee throw a jab or turn over a left hook properly?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #44
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Choc throws a pretty good Jab
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #45
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Thanks for pointing that out IBM.

I am not talking about using genuine boxing in street situation, or saying unless you know how to throw punches you will be no good. I am just saying our first human instict is to strike someone in anger or counter attack is with a closed fist hand strike. Sure it will probably be a haymaker as such unless some decent punches are engrained.

Of course unless it is trained it will be a pretty ordinary punch. But it will be a punch which comes more natural (and therefore used first) rather than a kick, elbow, knee or grapple.
Quote:
Big swinging roundhouse punches may come naturally to some, but throwing punches like a boxer comes from training Gav, not from some base instinct.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum