Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #46
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: How is Mundine fighting for the interim title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Tell us some badass street fight stories?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #47
gregluland
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Hurricane_Briggs View Post
I know this will attract smart arse responses like every other Mundine thread, but Im looking for a serious answer.

Isnt Trout the Interim Champion, and Cotto is the Super Champion?

Or has something changed?

Or does the WBA now have an interim, interim champion?
BAN ALL INTERIM and SUPER-CHAMPION shit,...... it's killing boxing as much as the ABC belts....... I only recognise about 5 legit champions this century.... it has become a swamp. If I had my way there would be no more than 10 divisions and only one recognised belt for each,.... Increase World Title bouts to 20 rounds and in a decade boxing can regain most of it's popularity. Although we can also forget anything along Dana White Fighting Championships lines too...... that is the total pits,.... as low as you can go.
gregluland is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #48
gregluland
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP View Post
Who the **** knows. Interim titles are a joke. The belts are becoming irrelevant.
The belts are irrelevant.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #49
gregluland
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Agreed.

Choc doesn't seem to be selling the 'title' aspect of this fight, moreso the opportunity to fight Trout by winning this fight.

I don't get the logic of sanctioning bodies having so many levels of champions, I can't see it improving the image of the sport.
Well at least if he fights Trout we'll know if Trout is a complete bum (by losing) or a decent fighter (beating Mundine is nothing much, in no way would it make you great. I bet Mundine never looks on boxing forums, he's secretly a realist and I doubt if he truly believes his own press,.... I think he's a shit stirrer who is having a laugh by mocking the sport.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #50
gregluland
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
If choc loses to alvarez mabey the WBA will make a silver interim title for him to fight for?
Maybe he should live in a cul-de-sac...... maybe the WBA can make him Cul-De-Sac champion....... if he's the 3rd best in the WBA then the WBA is a joke. SHIT, he ain't even the Mundine Champion, his old man was twice as good.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #51
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Trout saying HBO might look at doing trout v mundine early next year.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #52
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Trout saying HBO might look at doing trout v mundine early next year.

perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #53
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I just read that amazing. WTF
T.C.W is online now  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 07:02 AM   #54
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

talking it up here as well as you do:

Mundine got KTFO by a 9-1 Wood less than 12 months ago, but after 2 wins he seems to have been back to where he was in terms of fights made, marketing etc whatever you want to call it...

Reality is Mundine was pretty dam average in both Wood fights. Not comparing peak ability ok haters, but Mundine over the past 2 years is very simliar to RJJ post Ruiz fight (he looked great there, then sudden drop). Just cannot pull the trigger, very low workrate, caught with shots than did not before, cutting more (never used to).
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #55
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Agreed.

Choc doesn't seem to be selling the 'title' aspect of this fight, moreso the opportunity to fight Trout by winning this fight.

I don't get the logic of sanctioning bodies having so many levels of champions, I can't see it improving the image of the sport.
A totally meaningless 3rd tier title is virtually unsellable and Anthony Mundine has probably already worked that out. As for the endless additional titles bobbing up..don't get me started.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #56
The Spider

vCash:

Main Event aren't even rating this interim 3rd tier thing as a world title in their advertising >

Anthony Mundine takes on Rigoberto Alvarez for the interim WBA light-middleweight title. If “The Man” can defeat ''El Espano'' he could get a shot at Austin Trout & become the 1st boxer to win world titles in 3 divisions in descending order.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #57
TubbyTockley

vCash:

Go Choc - hatch a brown trout.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #58
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregluland View Post
Maybe he should live in a cul-de-sac...... maybe the WBA can make him Cul-De-Sac champion....... if he's the 3rd best in the WBA then the WBA is a joke. SHIT, he ain't even the Mundine Champion, his old man was twice as good.

i agree with this, But the haters is what makes him the money so mundine is laughing all the way to the bank, have met him once and he was nothing but polite introduced me and my bro to some of his family who he took up to cairns on a holiday( on the same plane) - a total gentleman, but being the "hated" person of oz boxing has earned him millions, he also gives back to alot of charitys and he doesnt recieve alot of endorsement im not deffending the guy who peaked at kessler and went after $$$ rather than world recognition which is kind of un austrailan but i still support the guy coz he is an aussie and have respect and see through all the crap which he has created himself !, at the end of the day he is a roll model for all aussies regardless of race..he's an aussie comming up against a mexican lets support him !
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #59
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mundine has and will be avoiding"Trout" like the Plague,He has smaller "Fish" to fry.!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #60
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
i agree with this, But the haters is what makes him the money so mundine is laughing all the way to the bank, have met him once and he was nothing but polite introduced me and my bro to some of his family who he took up to cairns on a holiday( on the same plane) - a total gentleman, but being the "hated" person of oz boxing has earned him millions, he also gives back to alot of charitys and he doesnt recieve alot of endorsement im not deffending the guy who peaked at kessler and went after $$$ rather than world recognition which is kind of un austrailan but i still support the guy coz he is an aussie and have respect and see through all the crap which he has created himself !, at the end of the day he is a roll model for all aussies regardless of race..he's an aussie comming up against a mexican lets support him !
Probably the most sensible thing I have read on this site concerning Mundine! I am flying in for the fight. Might have to have a drink aus
ALTogethernow is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum