Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Weed capital of the world
Posts: 14,469
vCash: 1000
Default Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Just know it happened with brook vs jackiewicz.
How are we suppose to see castillo corrales type fights when they stop it too early?
I know they need to protect boxers but some stoppages are bullshit, but on the other hand they dont stop beatings like vitali vs briggs.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,868
vCash: 950
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
Just know it happened with brook vs jackiewicz.
How are we suppose to see castillo corrales type fights when they stop it too early?
I know they need to protect boxers but some stoppages are bullshit, but on the other hand they dont stop beatings like vitali vs briggs.
What's funny is when you see wuch inconsistency with it. Jay Nady didn't even give Judah the benefit of a 10 count against Tzyu but damn near let Vargas get killed against Trinidad.
thewoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
praetorianJJ
Conqueror of Worlds
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Picenum
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 647
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
Just know it happened with brook vs jackiewicz.
How are we suppose to see castillo corrales type fights when they stop it too early?
I know they need to protect boxers but some stoppages are bullshit, but on the other hand they dont stop beatings like vitali vs briggs.
Different refs. Personally, I'd rather them er on the side of the fighter's health.
praetorianJJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 528
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Because no ref wants to be the one holding the bag explaining to a wife and a boxer's kid why daddy is in a permanent vegetative state.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
praetorianJJ
Conqueror of Worlds
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Picenum
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 647
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
Because no ref wants to be the one holding the bag explaining to a wife and a boxer's kid why daddy is in a permanent vegetative state.
Didn't the ref from the Mancini/Kim fight kill himself? Damn! His name escapes me
praetorianJJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
v2k987
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,629
vCash: 1582
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

it's generally the British refs who have no clue... oh yeah, and Joe cortez
v2k987 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #8
praetorianJJ
Conqueror of Worlds
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Picenum
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 647
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Because all refs are British? Because America gained its independence? Because they drive on the wrong side of the street? Help me out IB.
praetorianJJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 528
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
more specific:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Atlanta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #10
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorianJJ View Post
Because all refs are British? Because America gained its independence? Because they drive on the wrong side of the street? Help me out IB.
Certain refs are more inclined to stop a fight too quickly these days. Can you guess which ones?
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North London
Posts: 7,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

British refs do ****ing suck tbf
Post Box is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #12
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North London
Posts: 7,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Every week you're basically guaranteed a mid rounds stoppage win for the Brit, I'm gonna start laying money down for real
Post Box is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
tanker19k
Estrella de Caguax
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: La Mesa; currently Iraq though
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

they wanna go home
tanker19k is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #14
praetorianJJ
Conqueror of Worlds
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Picenum
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 647
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Certain refs are more inclined to stop a fight too quickly these days. Can you guess which ones?
Hmmm. I don't know. I've seen some pretty lousy reffing on American soil lately. Cortez, Lawrence Cole, Mercante Jr....I guess I can't debate this particular argument though because I can't think of specific fights other than Vitali/Briggs and that one was the opposite of your argument...Can't remember if that ref was British anyway.
praetorianJJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #15
Jimjom
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: the horseshoe
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why do refs quickly stop fights these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorianJJ View Post
Didn't the ref from the Mancini/Kim fight kill himself? Damn! His name escapes me
richard green - also refereed Ali-Holmes
Jimjom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013