Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #16
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

Here are both guys against the same opponent ..



Toney vs Dewitt


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSd1x_QpZEk[/ame]


Benn vs Dewitt

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfOnddkjacE[/ame]
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #17
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

bump
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #18
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakland, California
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 174
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0lpEmsxjHk[/ame]
StillWill is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:29 AM   #19
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

Toney never faced anything like Benn's power (against Peter he had 100lbs of fat holding him up, and steroid-induced neck strength), and it would be dangerous early.

It depends how Benn fights, if he brawled he's beaten easily because of his wide right hooks and Toney's short sweet shots, stopped for sure. But on his WBC run he made himself a very elusive target - slipping, rolling, ducking, bobbing, weaving, moving in and out of range, backing off to the ropes to counter, etc; that Benn would be difficult for a counter-puncher like Toney, but I still have Toney's body and head combos and tight defense being enough to shade the rounds.
atberry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:30 AM   #20
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Here are both guys against the same opponent ..



Toney vs Dewitt


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Benn vs Dewitt

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
DeWitt didn't train for Toney and was rusty as hell, post-retirement, needing some cash. I think Benn finished him as a fighter - his previous fight to Benn he had looked excellent against top-class Matthew Hilton.
atberry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #21
2econd2nunn
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 25
vCash: 645
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQwgIAeETgk&feature=related[/ame]#
2econd2nunn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #22
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 240
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
It mirror the Barkley fight imo ..
One of the dumbest, most ignorant posts I've seen. Classic Toney nuthugger generic.

(Assuming you're not referring to Benn-Barkley)
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #23
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,413
vCash: 1000
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
One of the dumbest, most ignorant posts I've seen. Classic Toney nuthugger generic.

(Assuming you're not referring to Benn-Barkley)

the sheer narrow minded ignorance of this type of poster is truly sickenning. they have spent their entire sorry existance being brainwashed like delusional sheep by the bullshit they have read in ring comic and HBO sports comedy channel

they value toneys win over barkley so high, when barkley had previously been smashed up by benn himself in 1 round and after barkley had just had the shit kicked out of him by a 38 year old lightweight

they even try and build the win up of a steroid riddled toney against eurobum jirov seriously, who the **** did jirov ever beat to receive such recognition?
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #24
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 1000
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

The only man that comes close to toney in his prime was RJJ. Roy only won their fight because Toney could not stay away from the buffet and had trouble making weight . . . lol
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #25
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
One of the dumbest, most ignorant posts I've seen. Classic Toney nuthugger generic.

(Assuming you're not referring to Benn-Barkley)


I just meant it based on styles ..I don't see Benn and Toney engaging in a box off but more toe to toe action similar to the Toney Barkley fight ..Next time try not to be so quick to call anyone a nuthugger ..Both men were 2 of my all time favorites ..
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #26
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,217
vCash: 880
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

Toney is a bad style match-up for Benn IMO. Toney by late stoppage. I think Eubank vs Toney would be a closer fight, with Toney probably nicking a close points win.
qwert is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #27
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,723
vCash: 210
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

What a load of rubbish

1994 Benn was smashing world class opponents to pieces
Toney was looking fortunate to many against Tiberi and couldnt beat S Williams

Herea an old post for you to enjoy

look at the level Toney was fighting at, when SMW champ

1993 he wins the title from iran barkley a fighter who years earlier was blown away by nigel benn in 1 round and pummelled to a loss by a shot roberto duran barkley went onto lose 11 out of 25 fights following this fight and never beat anyone who was remotely good in doing so,the guy was so desperate he was even plying his trade as a HW in the late 90's against the likes of berbick and they say this era is a joke

govonor chambers a guy with a career record of 9 wins 7 losses, all 3 fights prior to toney were ko losses!

ricky thomas: won 11 lost 14,the 4 fights he had prior to toney all losses!

glenn thomas:won 29 lost 8, lost to roy jones prior to toney and finished his career with a first round ko loss to jeff lacy.

danny garcia: won 30 lost 22, was coming off losses to chris pyatt (a steve collins victim) lamar parks etc

larry prather: won 19 lost 24,lost his last 5 fights prior to the toney fight even losing to nicky piper

tony thornton: won 37 lost 7,lost to chris eubank a year earlier.

anthony hembrick: won 31 lost 8,lost to maske prior to toney and orlin norris a year earlier.

tim littles: won 27 lost 3,maybe one of his better wins,had fought mainly bums with the exception of a close UD over frankie liles,went onto lose to frankie liles in a 2nd contest following the toney fight.

vinsom durham: won 21 lost 37 enough said.

charles williams: won 37 lost 7 drew 3,lost to maske prior to toney.
(this post was improvised from ESB great Silencer, on one of his great threads)and finally the Jones fight.


Toney has a great chin but look at how he couldnt cope well with Tiberi. Benn would have been all over Toney and pressured Toney.
Benn would have won a clear wide UD
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #28
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
What a load of rubbish

1994 Benn was smashing world class opponents to pieces
Toney was looking fortunate to many against Tiberi and couldnt beat S Williams

Herea an old post for you to enjoy

look at the level Toney was fighting at, when SMW champ

1993 he wins the title from iran barkley a fighter who years earlier was blown away by nigel benn in 1 round and pummelled to a loss by a shot roberto duran barkley went onto lose 11 out of 25 fights following this fight and never beat anyone who was remotely good in doing so,the guy was so desperate he was even plying his trade as a HW in the late 90's against the likes of berbick and they say this era is a joke

govonor chambers a guy with a career record of 9 wins 7 losses, all 3 fights prior to toney were ko losses!

ricky thomas: won 11 lost 14,the 4 fights he had prior to toney all losses!

glenn thomas:won 29 lost 8, lost to roy jones prior to toney and finished his career with a first round ko loss to jeff lacy.

danny garcia: won 30 lost 22, was coming off losses to chris pyatt (a steve collins victim) lamar parks etc

larry prather: won 19 lost 24,lost his last 5 fights prior to the toney fight even losing to nicky piper

tony thornton: won 37 lost 7,lost to chris eubank a year earlier.

anthony hembrick: won 31 lost 8,lost to maske prior to toney and orlin norris a year earlier.

tim littles: won 27 lost 3,maybe one of his better wins,had fought mainly bums with the exception of a close UD over frankie liles,went onto lose to frankie liles in a 2nd contest following the toney fight.

vinsom durham: won 21 lost 37 enough said.

charles williams: won 37 lost 7 drew 3,lost to maske prior to toney.
(this post was improvised from ESB great Silencer, on one of his great threads)and finally the Jones fight.


Toney has a great chin but look at how he couldnt cope well with Tiberi. Benn would have been all over Toney and pressured Toney.
Benn would have won a clear wide UD
****ing clown ass brits are back at it.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #29
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,723
vCash: 210
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty View Post
****ing clown ass brits are back at it.
Obviously you cant debate what was written .
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #30
killuminix
yes im back
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: kaunas,lietuva
Posts: 679
vCash: 75
Default Re: James Tony vs Benn 94'

toney ends up like gman
killuminix is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013