Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 02:57 AM   #31
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann View Post
i thought with schaefer ppv numbers can be determined quickly.
well clearly this one is different they use certain statistical indicators from past fights and stuff. If its true a whole bunch of people bought the fight the next day. Then that would be hard to estimate. Its actually a good look they want to get it right instead of making up a number like other promotions
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 02:58 AM   #32
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinorknitz View Post
They are adding theater ticket sales and Bar attendance. That takes longer time.
why do you continue to lie ?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:00 AM   #33
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokingm View Post
Aren't the numbers instantaneous? You know, it's all electronic and shit. It's not like there's some bookie in a dark room whose wearing a cap and counting stubs... lol.
Pretty sure it is not that simple. I mean Floyd still gets checks from revenue streams from the Mosley fight
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:59 AM   #34
tinorknitz
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
Pretty sure it is not that simple. I mean Floyd still gets checks from revenue streams from the Mosley fight
It's not that simple? What can you say about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMAXX View Post
Mayweather/Marquez:

Fight date: Sept. 19, 2009
HBO released official numbers : Sept. 25, 2009 (6 days)

Mayweather/Mosley:

Fight date: May 1, 2010
HBO released official numbers: May 10, 2010 (9 days)

Floyd/Ortiz:

Fight date: Sept.17, 2011
HBO released official numbers: ...........................................................Its October 8 and stll counting


It was a BIG FLOP!!! for the PPV Queen.
It was pretty simple then, it suddenly became complicated now?
tinorknitz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 AM   #35
Spitfire7
Gadfly
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 750
Default Re: Ppv numbers

With two threads about the same subject on page 1, this needs a
Spitfire7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #36
ULTIMAXX
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 185
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Dela Hoya/ Mayweather

Fight date: May 5, 2007
HBO announced PPV #s : May 9, 2007 (4 days ) and that was 2.15 mil PPVs
ULTIMAXX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #37
Mr. Sandman
27-2 (21 KO)
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 636
vCash: 75
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Aren't we still waiting for an official tally from Pacquiao-Mosley?
Mr. Sandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #38
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,091
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Well, according to Arum, it can take time to get these numbers, dealing with smaller cable systems and such.

"The reason Arum gave for the lag in getting pay-per-view numbers and for why he is unsure of more precise totals is because Showtime, largely out of the pay-per-view business in recent years, does not have the kind of database and expertise to extrapolate numbers like HBO does.

"We know we have a little over 1.3 million," Arum said. "What we don't have are some of the smaller cable systems. What I'm saying is I know we go to the bank counting a little over a 1.3 million. I know we'll go up from there. How much up, I have no experience in this. This was all done for us in the past by HBO, which had experience, charts and all kinds of data from past fights to compare the fight to. Showtime can't do it because they haven't done this in so long. They don't have the database that you need, but I'm feeling very, very happy because I know I've done at least 1.3 million.

"How far over we are remains to be seen, and I have no way to make a prediction. Obviously, on the outstanding systems we did something. So that will determine how much above 1.3 million. But I don't think we have enough outstanding numbers to say we will be over 1.4 million, so I think we will wind up somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4 million."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

BTW, these numbers were relased a month after the Pac-Mosley fight.
compukiller is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #39
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,056
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by compukiller View Post
Well, according to Arum, it can take time to get these numbers, dealing with smaller cable systems and such.

"The reason Arum gave for the lag in getting pay-per-view numbers and for why he is unsure of more precise totals is because Showtime, largely out of the pay-per-view business in recent years, does not have the kind of database and expertise to extrapolate numbers like HBO does.

"We know we have a little over 1.3 million," Arum said. "What we don't have are some of the smaller cable systems. What I'm saying is I know we go to the bank counting a little over a 1.3 million. I know we'll go up from there. How much up, I have no experience in this. This was all done for us in the past by HBO, which had experience, charts and all kinds of data from past fights to compare the fight to. Showtime can't do it because they haven't done this in so long. They don't have the database that you need, but I'm feeling very, very happy because I know I've done at least 1.3 million.

"How far over we are remains to be seen, and I have no way to make a prediction. Obviously, on the outstanding systems we did something. So that will determine how much above 1.3 million. But I don't think we have enough outstanding numbers to say we will be over 1.4 million, so I think we will wind up somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4 million."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

BTW, these numbers were relased a month after the Pac-Mosley fight.


I really dont know if this fight has done good or bad, whatever it has done it is what it is!

But for Pacquiao fans to be gloating is stupid especially since we STILL dont have official numbers for Pacquiao vs Mosely and that was what May 2011?

So you pactards need to fall back, what did Pac vs Clottey do? 700k huh

So nothing for you to get all giddy about
Emeritus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #40
tinorknitz
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMAXX View Post
Dela Hoya/ Mayweather

Fight date: May 5, 2007
HBO announced PPV #s : May 9, 2007 (4 days ) and that was 2.15 mil PPVs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMAXX View Post
Mayweather/Marquez:

Fight date: Sept. 19, 2009
HBO released official numbers : Sept. 25, 2009 (6 days)

Mayweather/Mosley:

Fight date: May 1, 2010
HBO released official numbers: May 10, 2010 (9 days)

Floyd/Ortiz:

Fight date: Sept.17, 2011
HBO released official numbers: ...........................................................Its October 8 and stll counting


It was a BIG FLOP!!! for the PPV Queen.


If this farce did 1M buys, I'm sure Floyd would be gloating by now.

I'm guessing 700K.

There's no doubt they already have the figures by now, but they are NOT releasing it. PPV Star my ass.

edit: Maybe they did get 500k buys, but after the controversy, 200k more bought the replay. 700k is very much possible.

PPV Star my ass.
tinorknitz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #41
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,056
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinorknitz View Post


If this farce did 1M buys, I'm sure Floyd would be gloating by now.

I'm guessing 700K.

There's no doubt they already have the figures by now, but they are NOT releasing it. PPV Star my ass.

edit: Maybe they did get 500k buys, but after the controversy, 200k more bought the replay. 700k is very much possible.
Where are the Pacquiao vs Mosely figures please?

Pactards are truely idiots!
Emeritus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #42
tinorknitz
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
Where are the Pacquiao vs Mosely figures please?

Pactards are truely idiots!
You are an idiot! If you wanna talk about Pac Mosley numbers, go make a thread about it. This is about Floyd vs Ortiz numbers.

No matter how butthurt you may be, you can't change the fact that they are HIDING the official numbers. I wonder why. PPV Star my ass.
tinorknitz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #43
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,056
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinorknitz View Post
You are an idiot! If you wanna talk about Pac Mosley numbers, go make a thread about it. This is about Floyd vs Ortiz numbers.

No matter how butthurt you may be, you can't change the fact that they are HIDING the official numbers. I wonder why. PPV Star my ass.
If I did your bitch ass would stay the hell out of it as you wouldn't know what to say!

Whatever the numbers are I dont mind, Hopkins, RJJ, JMM, Mosely are all some of my favourite fighterss and none of which were PPV stars.

They may well be hiding something, however Im not stupid enough to present my biased opinion as a FACT

Just for the final nail in the coffin remind me of what Pac-Clottey did?

You Pactarts are too easy hahaha!
Emeritus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #44
tinorknitz
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ppv numbers

Flomo changing the subject to save face?

No matter what you say, you can't change the fact that they are hiding Floyd v Ortiz numbers. 1.3M? I'm guessing 700k just like Pac Clottey.

And oh? After all those promotions? PPV Star my ass.
tinorknitz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #45
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 1147
Default Re: Ppv numbers

around the 850 mark would normally have been still good had not the flomos and floyd himself been too self-righteous. he wants to separate himself so much from pac, who is non-american anyway, yet ends up not far up.

Last edited by Leonard; 10-08-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Leonard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013