Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #16
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
Is anyone else slightly worried about how poorly made in hell and sylvester went (roman tonight n sylvester other night)?

I hope it is not a reflection on Gealey? In my mind I had Geale a chance at unifying in 2012, but his two stand out wins are perhaps not as impressive as I thought?

What do you guys think? Besides those two, Geale has not really fought world quality opponents or had victories over anyone of note.
I really hope that Geale is as good as I thought, and maybe he just took something out of those two fighters, Australian boxing needs Geale to have some big successful bouts n unify imo
The sudden fall of these two fighters since, or is it since, they fought Daniel Geale, is a concern. I still have high hopes for Geale but his next defence may make or break him.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #17
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
The sudden fall of these two fighters since, or is it since, they fought Daniel Geale, is a concern. I still have high hopes for Geale but his next defence may make or break him.
Looks like it will be Adama.
zoley is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #18
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoley View Post
Looks like it will be Adama.
Talk on the main forum has been that the winner of Adama v Karmazin would fight the winner of Albert v Soliman for the right to challenge Daniel Geale. We now know that Adama has beaten Karmazin. The question is does he now fight the winner of Albert v Soliman which doesn't even seem to be confirmed as a matchup yet?
Old 10-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #19
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Talk on the main forum has been that the winner of Adama v Karmazin would fight the winner of Albert v Soliman for the right to challenge Daniel Geale. We now know that Adama has beaten Karmazin. The question is does he now fight the winner of Albert v Soliman which doesn't even seem to be confirmed as a matchup yet?
Imagine if Albert Ends up beating Adama and we get Geale defending against Albert. Crowd = 3 people and a dog.
zoley is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #20
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Sometimes fighters are just not the same after a one sided beating, 2 in a row is sus, but you never know. Sylvester was a worthy champ wasn't he??
raff is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #21
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
Sometimes fighters are just not the same after a one sided beating, 2 in a row is sus, but you never know. Sylvester was a worthy champ wasn't he??
No question that Sylvester was good. But boxers like most other elite sportsmen can sometimes just lose it overnight.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #22
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

For sure. How many times do you see it in boxing.

In football you can carry on with your team mates helping. In tennis you play many matches and the more you lose you go down a level of events. Etc etc in most sports.

But in boxing you are in a fight. There is no place to hide. The other guy is trying to knock you out to feed his family, and/or get ***** and have the glory. There is no place to hide. You need hunger and guts to work with the skills and fitness.
Quote:
No question that Sylvester was good. But boxers like most other elite sportsmen can sometimes just lose it overnight.
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 01:52 AM   #23
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This thread has aids
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #24
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

I don't think Sylvester would have capitulated like that if he was still champion...he has come back from bad starts before.

If your fire dims only a bit, then a hungry guy like Proksa can mug you like that.

Karmazin was on the way out anyway...sounds like a pretty similar result really.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 02:40 AM   #25
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
I don't think Sylvester would have capitulated like that if he was still champion...he has come back from bad starts before.

If your fire dims only a bit, then a hungry guy like Proksa can mug you like that.

Karmazin was on the way out anyway...sounds like a pretty similar result really.
^ Frederick roach
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #26
lvthefightgame
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

geale mundine is the fight i think we all want to see oh well can only hope they make it happen.i think geale would want to avenge that loss & if mundine gets the intrim then mundine would have some bargining power as we all no its about the money for choc.cheers
lvthefightgame is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #27
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthefightgame View Post
geale mundine is the fight i think we all want to see oh well can only hope they make it happen.i think geale would want to avenge that loss & if mundine gets the intrim then mundine would have some bargining power as we all no its about the money for choc.cheers
The bargaining power of a 3rd tier WBA trinket would entice the IBF titleholder to a defence
Old 10-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #28
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

at the scene it says Siaca is targetting Sturm,Trout and Cotto.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #29
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Him making 154 I find hard to believe...but I mean he made middleweight at this advanced stage of his career..maybe he can boil down for a couple of fights.

Thing is I always thought he was a biggish supermiddle...He bossed Mundine in there.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #30
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Yeah true, he looked big against Mundine. And if he can (and has) made 160 then he may well make 154 for a one off. But won't catch Mundine, this is just the start. 147 is the next target, first man eva..
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Him making 154 I find hard to believe...but I mean he made middleweight at this advanced stage of his career..maybe he can boil down for a couple of fights.

Thing is I always thought he was a biggish supermiddle...He bossed Mundine in there.
Lead Right is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum