Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #16
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
Is anyone else slightly worried about how poorly made in hell and sylvester went (roman tonight n sylvester other night)?

I hope it is not a reflection on Gealey? In my mind I had Geale a chance at unifying in 2012, but his two stand out wins are perhaps not as impressive as I thought?

What do you guys think? Besides those two, Geale has not really fought world quality opponents or had victories over anyone of note.
I really hope that Geale is as good as I thought, and maybe he just took something out of those two fighters, Australian boxing needs Geale to have some big successful bouts n unify imo
The sudden fall of these two fighters since, or is it since, they fought Daniel Geale, is a concern. I still have high hopes for Geale but his next defence may make or break him.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #17
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
The sudden fall of these two fighters since, or is it since, they fought Daniel Geale, is a concern. I still have high hopes for Geale but his next defence may make or break him.
Looks like it will be Adama.
zoley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #18
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoley View Post
Looks like it will be Adama.
Talk on the main forum has been that the winner of Adama v Karmazin would fight the winner of Albert v Soliman for the right to challenge Daniel Geale. We now know that Adama has beaten Karmazin. The question is does he now fight the winner of Albert v Soliman which doesn't even seem to be confirmed as a matchup yet?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #19
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Talk on the main forum has been that the winner of Adama v Karmazin would fight the winner of Albert v Soliman for the right to challenge Daniel Geale. We now know that Adama has beaten Karmazin. The question is does he now fight the winner of Albert v Soliman which doesn't even seem to be confirmed as a matchup yet?
Imagine if Albert Ends up beating Adama and we get Geale defending against Albert. Crowd = 3 people and a dog.
zoley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #20
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 1090
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Sometimes fighters are just not the same after a one sided beating, 2 in a row is sus, but you never know. Sylvester was a worthy champ wasn't he??
raff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #21
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
Sometimes fighters are just not the same after a one sided beating, 2 in a row is sus, but you never know. Sylvester was a worthy champ wasn't he??
No question that Sylvester was good. But boxers like most other elite sportsmen can sometimes just lose it overnight.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #22
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 702
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

For sure. How many times do you see it in boxing.

In football you can carry on with your team mates helping. In tennis you play many matches and the more you lose you go down a level of events. Etc etc in most sports.

But in boxing you are in a fight. There is no place to hide. The other guy is trying to knock you out to feed his family, and/or get ***** and have the glory. There is no place to hide. You need hunger and guts to work with the skills and fitness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
No question that Sylvester was good. But boxers like most other elite sportsmen can sometimes just lose it overnight.
Lead Right is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:52 AM   #23
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

This thread has aids
CapsLock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #24
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,627
vCash: 166
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

I don't think Sylvester would have capitulated like that if he was still champion...he has come back from bad starts before.

If your fire dims only a bit, then a hungry guy like Proksa can mug you like that.

Karmazin was on the way out anyway...sounds like a pretty similar result really.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:40 AM   #25
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
I don't think Sylvester would have capitulated like that if he was still champion...he has come back from bad starts before.

If your fire dims only a bit, then a hungry guy like Proksa can mug you like that.

Karmazin was on the way out anyway...sounds like a pretty similar result really.
^ Frederick roach
CapsLock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #26
lvthefightgame
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

geale mundine is the fight i think we all want to see oh well can only hope they make it happen.i think geale would want to avenge that loss & if mundine gets the intrim then mundine would have some bargining power as we all no its about the money for choc.cheers
lvthefightgame is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #27
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthefightgame View Post
geale mundine is the fight i think we all want to see oh well can only hope they make it happen.i think geale would want to avenge that loss & if mundine gets the intrim then mundine would have some bargining power as we all no its about the money for choc.cheers
The bargaining power of a 3rd tier WBA trinket would entice the IBF titleholder to a defence
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #28
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale UD Golovkin
Posts: 9,762
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

at the scene it says Siaca is targetting Sturm,Trout and Cotto.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #29
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,627
vCash: 166
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Him making 154 I find hard to believe...but I mean he made middleweight at this advanced stage of his career..maybe he can boil down for a couple of fights.

Thing is I always thought he was a biggish supermiddle...He bossed Mundine in there.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #30
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 702
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale-Siaca?

Yeah true, he looked big against Mundine. And if he can (and has) made 160 then he may well make 154 for a one off. But won't catch Mundine, this is just the start. 147 is the next target, first man eva..
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Him making 154 I find hard to believe...but I mean he made middleweight at this advanced stage of his career..maybe he can boil down for a couple of fights.

Thing is I always thought he was a biggish supermiddle...He bossed Mundine in there.
Lead Right is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013