Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Hopkins higher than Jones on atg list if he beats Dawson?
Yes 16 25.40%
He already ranks higher 27 42.86%
No way 17 26.98%
No, he needs to (insert answer) 3 4.76%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #16
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400
Default Re: Atg list, will you put Hopkins higher than Jones if he beats Dawson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
After he beats chad dawson next saturday you better rank him higher! Doesnt Longevity count in the sport of boxing? FFS.. Hopkins is one of a kind!
It does, but I got to wait. I probably would rate him higher, but my emotions may be too high after the fight to make a fair judgement
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #17
Englund
Warrior
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 270
Default Re: Atg list, will you put Hopkins higher than Jones if he beats Dawson?

It's a tough choice. Very odd ATG fighters. I can't think of any other fighters with careers like theirs. I'll probably make a choice once they both retire.
Englund is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 02:17 AM   #18
Ripple633
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

No because he won't beat Dawson.
Ripple633 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 02:41 AM   #19
quocnam
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hopkin looked great on winning because most of the time he is underdog.

When is the prime Jones is underdog to anyone?????????? Jones was untouchable at the time....
quocnam is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 02:55 AM   #20
Brand814
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

These 2 are as close as any as far as trying to distinguish who is the better atg. even as I'm typing this response, I'm going back and forth. I guess IMO, no matter the outcome oct 15, Hopkins ranks JUST above rjj. The longetivity was the x factor to me. If b hop can pull this out against Dawson, it only helps his case, because IMO Dawson would be a great win, obviously.
Brand814 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 03:19 AM   #21
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

It wouldn't change the fact Jones was the better boxer at their peaks, but I could certainly see a case for it. There are other things that go into determining a fighter's level of greatness.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 03:28 AM   #22
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Jones can talk about what he used to do but BHop can talk about what he used to do and is still doing. The man is a living legend and has surpassed Jones in the ATG department.
Manfred is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 03:51 AM   #23
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Roy Jones in his prime was one of the greatest ever. But add up accomplishments, resume, longevity and I think Hopkins is already ahead.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 03:54 AM   #24
Exactabox
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 375

Bhop ahead of RJJ.

Roy got knocked out more than he has great wins.
Exactabox is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 03:55 AM   #25
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
Do you feel he ranks higher than Jones?
Once and for all, Yes. This is THE fight that if B-Hop wins, he moves above Jones for me, definitively. If he doesn't win, I stick with Jones. I really do think this would be a stunning achievement if Hop was to win this fight, stunning.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 05:12 AM   #26
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

Lets ****ing settle this with a third fight at cruiserweight

OOOH-RAAA
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 05:39 AM   #27
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Yes, he would be the legit LHW champ, and break another record for oldest man to defend the title.

The only dock I have on Roy despite being perceived as superhuman is having the habit of not fighting the #2 guy in the division (till Tarver).
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #28
stevebhoy87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Once and for all, Yes. This is THE fight that if B-Hop wins, he moves above Jones for me, definitively. If he doesn't win, I stick with Jones. I really do think this would be a stunning achievement if Hop was to win this fight, stunning.
My thoughts as well.
stevebhoy87 is online now  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 05:51 AM   #29
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488

He's already higher then RJJ.

Let's face facts, yes RJJ was a very gifted and special fighter and yes he beat some good guys and looked spectacular in his prime and yes he managed to win titles from MW to HW (with the exception of the CW title) but as good as his achievements are I think it's safe to say Hopkins has topped him now in terms of ATG rank he did it the hard way and wasn't coddled and he's still doing it the hard way at 46.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #30
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Jones completely dominated him with 1hand and Hopkins ran from the rematch. Prime Jones is on a complete different level to Hopkins and deep down Hopkins knows it himself. All Hopkins has done is maintained his prime longer
PowerPuncher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum