Old 10-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #62
insider
Journeyman Opponent
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac-Marquez confirmed for Primetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
insider your part of the problem,by liking there programmes you will make it the norm .Dont you get that ?
No I think the two things are separate. I like their programmes, I don't think there,s too many people argue with that. The problem is the pay model? They charge per fight rather than a monthly subscription. And I agree with you and most others that it's not fair or realistic to charge for every fight. But I think there are certain fights that just can't be made without ppv. Amir Khan is in a position where he can attract big audiences and can expect to be paid well for that. That probably prices out regular channels.
I don't like it I'm just realistic that for certain fights there's no other way we could see them.
Is Pacman v Marquez of that level? I don't know. It's a great fight but with no British interest will it sell? Maybe not. But then Everyone thought Mayweather would flop on ppv but that seemingly wasn't the case.
Long ramble but in short I agree I'd rather not have to pay ppv but I do enjoy Primetime shows and to be honest its " only" 15 pounds. Thats a night at the cinema with the missus or 1 round in the pub if 3/4 of us watch it together. It will be interesting to see if all of these boxing providers are still here in 18 months. That will tell us which is the best business model.
insider is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #63
MrAwesome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 and counting View Post
**** off Primetime.
This!

I dont have the ****ing credi/debit/laser card or whatever the **** is needed. Load of shite.
MrAwesome is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #64
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mayweather can sell a fight though.Pacquiao as great as he is,is boring outside the ring and thats why I cant see this fight doing well on Primetime.
"I try my best to make it a good fight" is tame compared to Floyds antics.
bam bam is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #65
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider View Post
No I think the two things are separate. I like their programmes, I don't think there,s too many people argue with that. The problem is the pay model? They charge per fight rather than a monthly subscription. And I agree with you and most others that it's not fair or realistic to charge for every fight. But I think there are certain fights that just can't be made without ppv. Amir Khan is in a position where he can attract big audiences and can expect to be paid well for that. That probably prices out regular channels.
I don't like it I'm just realistic that for certain fights there's no other way we could see them.
Is Pacman v Marquez of that level? I don't know. It's a great fight but with no British interest will it sell? Maybe not. But then Everyone thought Mayweather would flop on ppv but that seemingly wasn't the case.
Long ramble but in short I agree I'd rather not have to pay ppv but I do enjoy Primetime shows and to be honest its " only" 15 pounds. Thats a night at the cinema with the missus or 1 round in the pub if 3/4 of us watch it together. It will be interesting to see if all of these boxing providers are still here in 18 months. That will tell us which is the best business model.
Good points made.

No one is putting a gun to anyone's head forcing people to buy PPV.
If you don't feel it's worth the cost then just don't buy it and do us all a favour and stop crying like your losing a limb.
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #66
MrAwesome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I just find Primetime to be less natural a channel than Sky Sports. I would happily watch this on Sky Sports, but despite the fact that I can't get this, I probably wouldnt pay on Primetime.

Also, did you guys watch the Mayweather card? Primetime butchered it. Commontators couldnt find their seats, no audio for Crolla, feed kept shutting off. Amature channel.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #67
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome View Post
I just find Primetime to be less natural a channel than Sky Sports. I would happily watch this on Sky Sports, but despite the fact that I can't get this, I probably wouldnt pay on Primetime.

Also, did you guys watch the Mayweather card? Primetime butchered it. Commontators couldnt find their seats, no audio for Crolla, feed kept shutting off. Amature channel.
Weren't you entertained by "The Black Widow Professor"?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #68
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Yes be angry at the media source that is bringing the boxing to you, not the 1 you're paying 20 a month too that provides **** all boxing
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #69
MrAwesome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty321 View Post
Weren't you entertained by "The Black Widow Professor"?
If only I got the reference :(
Old 10-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #70
MrAwesome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Yes be angry at the media source that is bringing the boxing to you, not the 1 you're paying 20 a month too that provides **** all boxing
Sky Sports I believe you refer to? Sky Sports has other sports too, I'm sure nobody gets it JUST for the boxing (although Im close to it).

Primetime sucks. Everything about it. From their layout to the on screen team. BoxNation already has a better line up than it's ever had. All Primetime does is get massive fights, neglecting the general big fights, and annoys everyone in doing so.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #71
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome View Post
If only I got the reference :(
Did you turn the volume off?
On Primetime the commentator called Mayweather both "The Black Widow" and "The Professor". He acted like it had been his nickname for years when in fact he just made it up on the spot!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #72
Davew430
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I'd heard the commentator say Black Window and was wondering what the **** he was going on about
Davew430 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #73
MrAwesome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Lol yeah it was all in all just ridiculous. How can the commontators not find their seats? I can imagine them going over to Sky Sports desk and asking for directions, and Jim Watt telling them to **** off.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #74
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davew430 View Post
I'd heard the commentator say Black Window and was wondering what the **** he was going on about
I'm surprised no one said it was racist
Old 10-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #75
Davew430
Contender
ESB Senior Member

That actually crossed my mind at the time...

I thought "is he calling him the Black Widow because of?... Nah' he can't be"
Davew430 is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum