Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #16
greatmategreat
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mitchell to Matchroom?

I suppose. But Murrays got that cheeky chappy thing going on!
greatmategreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #17
Davew430
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

It does seem strange.

I mean ***** could of built Mitchell back up, ala Khan style but for some reason it does seem he has a disliking towards Mitchell. Could it be he doesn't see World Class potential? Or does he simply think Mitchell will **** up again somewhere down the road
Davew430 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #18
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Well he gave him a fair bit of money when Kevin had the hand injury to pay the mortgage i remember Mitchell saying once on Bunces show. Also the fact he ****ed around in build up to the Katsidis fight after Frank did everything to put ball in his court and give him the big stage he always wanted.

I can see why Frank had the hump...
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #19
WhamBam
Keeping Cool
ESB Senior Member

Look at how Disappointed w@rren looked at the end of the murray-mitchell fight he had very little to say, and even in the press conference he kept to himself. for atleast 3 months before that fight. there were columns on fish eyes website building up murrays undefeated record claiming him to be manchester new ricky hatton.
I was telling everyone that w@rren was setting him up, if ****** actually gave a shit about kevin, kevin would have atleats gotten a warm up or 2 before the murray fight instead he throws him in there after over a year of inactivity with the hope that murray does a job on him,
WhamBam is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #20
Davew430
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Now all we need is for Ricky Burns to somehow get through Katsidis...

Then Mitchell to KO Burns and it'll piss ***** off even more
Davew430 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #21
greatmategreat
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBam View Post
if ****** actually gave a shit about kevin, kevin would have atleats gotten a warm up or 2 before the murray fight instead he throws him in there after over a year of inactivity with the hope that murray does a job on him,
That theres the most compelling evidence ****** was setting him up.

Mitchell must have known ****** couldn't be arsed with him anymore. Mortgage payments or no mortgage payments why should he show ****** loyalty after that?
greatmategreat is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #22
sidthehat
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I heard the rumour as well. Would be massive blow for ****** and Boxnation if true.

If you're trying to get people to pay for channel in 2012 you need fighters who people want to see.

If Burns and Murray lose their next fights - as I expect - it's only Degale, Groves, Bellew and Gavin (if he gets his act together) left that anymore than the diehard would be interested in paying reguarly to see.

Sky have Froch, Brook and Price. If you add Mitchell they have the bigger draws. Plus Prizefighter.

The other guys in the top 10 (assuming Haye retires) are on Channel 5/Primetime in Fury and (probably) Khan.
sidthehat is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #23
anthony jr
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 741

think off the money frank will make at west ham with mitchell v katsidis/burns winner. murray doesnt bring that type of money to the table so hes just throwing murray to the wolves
anthony jr is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #24
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

It swings in round abouts , and right now Mitchell has the moral high ground over Frank , i dont understand how John Murray steps in to fight Brandon Rios , and Mitchell doesnt even get as much as a mention , i know he had his issues getting into the States but im lead to beleive thats been settled (someone may correct me on that if im wrong) so how hasnt Kevin even got a mention , maybe a slot on the Burns / Katsidis undercard against Euro cannon fodder to keep busy and a potential fight with the winner , but nothing !!!

Style wise , Kevin would be the better suited to Rios , Rios is John Murray but better all round , Kevin just stopped John Murray decisively , it makes no sense
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #25
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony jr View Post
think off the money frank will make at west ham with mitchell v katsidis/burns winner. murray doesnt bring that type of money to the table so hes just throwing murray to the wolves
The chances of 14'000 people rushing to Upton Park to see take 2 of Mitchell getting flattened again by Katsidis are very very slim
Old 10-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #26
smithj1234jj

vCash:

really doubt mitchell is going to matchroom but who knoes in this game.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #27
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Both of them would get destroyed, I think ****** is doing the right thing here send over Murray who is not as good as Kev hopefully he gives a decent account and earn himself some other big fights after defeat, Mitchell is not ready if he ever will be for Rios. I would be more pissed he didnt get the Kats rematch before Burns.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #28
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
Both of them would get destroyed, I think ****** is doing the right thing here send over Murray who is not as good as Kev hopefully he gives a decent account and earn himself some other big fights after defeat, Mitchell is not ready if he ever will be for Rios. I would be more pissed he didnt get the Kats rematch before Burns.
Its a tough sell mate , Katsidis battered him inside of 3 rounds

Burns , re juvinated world champion riding the crest of a wave and going up in weight , that sells

Dont get me wrong , its a suprising choice of opponent from Frank for Burns , conventional logic tells you , Katsidis Mitchell 2 / Burns against any credible LW he can find without getting his man his ass handed to him on his debut in a higher weight class (on the same card) .................... is more Franks style , but hey , Burns is in the deep end so that should be embraced IMO

As for Mitchell , its very hard to beleive given the options available that Frank has no plans for him
Old 10-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #29
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Someone on FB should ask Mitchell why ****** offered Mitchell a fight in a few weeks but Tibbs pulled it coz Mitchells not been in the gym?

Oh and he's lucky he never got sent down........ done for DD TWICE since the Murray fight
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #30
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Its a tough sell mate , Katsidis battered him inside of 3 rounds

Burns , re juvinated world champion riding the crest of a wave and going up in weight , that sells

Dont get me wrong , its a suprising choice of opponent from Frank for Burns , conventional logic tells you , Katsidis Mitchell 2 / Burns against any credible LW he can find without getting his man his ass handed to him on his debut in a higher weight class (on the same card) .................... is more Franks style , but hey , Burns is in the deep end so that should be embraced IMO

As for Mitchell , its very hard to beleive given the options available that Frank has no plans for him
I can see what your saying mate, I agree I think Mitchell obviously seems pissed but Frank I think knows he is coming of a win over Murray and it is too soon to get in there on another promoters card agasint one of the other promoters best prospects,Franks not daft Murray was shown what he is in the Mitchell fight an honest brave contender but he is not world class, Frank I still think Kevin can win a version of the word title but he is waiting for a better oppurtunity. I think Mitchell will thank him in the long run.
skel1983 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum