Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #61
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mitchell to Matchroom?

remember after the Murray fight he said on Bunce's hour he was just going pub to celebrate with his mates and was first time he'd been for months and just thought to myself, here we go again
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 05:56 AM   #62
SimonTemplar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
I like Mitchell and I think he's a good fighter but it's pretty hard to defend him when he keeps on doing stupid stuff, the lad's slowly chucking his career away and he has no one to blame but himself. Shame.

Completely agree. Thing is, he won't make enough money, at this rate, to sustain himself for life after boxing, so I think that the really dark days for him could be in 10, 20 years' time. Crazy and really hope he sorts himself out... although all the signs are that he won't.
SimonTemplar is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:02 AM   #63
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

love it how everyone becomes a good semariton all of a sudden. half the people slagging of kev for driving pissed will have done it themselves. not saying its right but just stick to what happens in the ring. if we refused to support any boxer that broke the law there would be few left.

go through the British top 10 in each division. most of them have some sort of conviction and use recreational drugs. anyone thats been to shows will have seen plenty of fighters off there nut.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #64
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Being done for drink driving twice in a short period of time is pretty bad, it's got to be said.

In fairness that doesn't exactly prove he's gone back to the bottle in a big way, you can go to the pub with a tenner, have change and still be way over the limit.

You'd think the way he came back in the Murray fight after over a year off would make him realise that he can still be successful if he applies himself over a prolonged period - he ought to feel a great deal of loyalty to Allegedly who has obviously tolerated a lot from him since 2008 or so.

Not sure a move to Matchroom will be the answer, that's got to come from within.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:11 AM   #65
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
love it how everyone becomes a good semariton all of a sudden. half the people slagging of kev for driving pissed will have done it themselves. not saying its right but just stick to what happens in the ring. if we refused to support any boxer that broke the law there would be few left.

go through the British top 10 in each division. most of them have some sort of conviction and use recreational drugs. anyone thats been to shows will have seen plenty of fighters off there nut.

Thats not the point though is it Rob only 18 months ago his career was over and he said himself he blew 100k in that time and his personal life and career were going nowhere, he has the best win of his career and everything is looking good If I had been given this second chance I would of knocked the booze on the head full stop, he is coming into his peak here for me he doesn't look like he has alot of self discipline.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #66
Davew430
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He need's to be keeping away from the pub's full stop in my opinion.

Getting caught for Drink Driving twice isn't good for anybody let alone a Professional Boxer
Davew430 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #67
SimonTemplar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

I am ex-law enforcement myself, and have never driven over the limit, no excuse for it so although I am not a zealot on the issue, I don't think that it is right to criticize us for not thinking it's a great idea for a pro fighter with a public profile to be drink driving. Also if half of people have been drink driving themselves, then they are also idiots - this is a sports discussion forum so there is bound to be some discussion when a fighter gets in the mainstream media for something.

Quite apart from anything else, Mitchell is a 26 year-old fighter at a lower weight, he only has a few years left in the sport, so I think that we are quite right to criticize him for this, he has obviously been an idiot, so it is not a case of people suddenly becoming good samaritans.

Plus is puts the sport in a bad light.
SimonTemplar is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #68
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

How the **** can you blow 100k on booze in a year though

Even if you pay for everyone every time, it's a lot to go through in such a short space of time.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #69
Davew430
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think he blew 40k of it on his X5, in what case unless he bought it brand new he was ripped off
Davew430 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #70
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

I had a driving case agaisnt me and it took over a year for it to go to court. wasnt for drink driving btw. so its more than likley the incidents took place before the Murray fight.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #71
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
How the **** can you blow 100k on booze in a year though

Even if you pay for everyone every time, it's a lot to go through in such a short space of time.
I think the marching powder makes up 50% of that 100k.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #72
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davew430 View Post
I think he blew 40k of it on his X5, in what case unless he bought it brand new he was ripped off
yep.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #73
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I had a driving case agaisnt me and it took over a year for it to go to court. wasnt for drink driving btw. so its more than likley the incidents took place before the Murray fight.
No.

The 26-year-old was driving his silver BMW X5 along Broad Street, Dagenham at 2.35am last Monday when he was pulled over by police.

The court case was on August 17th 2011.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:24 AM   #74
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Buying a car is one thing I'd never do.

Especially a brand new one..... complete waste of money.

I've always had mine on contract hire.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 AM   #75
Davew430
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Nah' buying car's can be good investments.

My dad deal's with people all over the country in expensive bit's of kit and good money can be made on them.

Buying brand new is silly though, but obviously he's wanted brand new so took the dive it seem's
Davew430 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum