Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Bute:People will judge after the Johnson fight if I知 a top super middleweight or not

Bute found a goal in his next bout against Glen Johnson, once more after the Andrade fight this man is preparing himself to make a statement to the world.

LUCIAN BUTE:
“Fighting in Quebec City is special for me. I have very fond memories of my fight and big win in 2009 at the Pepsi Coliseum and I’m very happy to be fighting there again in front of my fans. Quebec City is a fight town, so I expect a great atmosphere come Nov. 5.”
On switching training camp locations from Miami to West Palm Beach:
“There are not so many differences in this training camp than others. We may have changed gyms and the city but the rest of my preparation is the same.
“I have good sparring partners with Alejandro Berrio and Randy Griffin. I’m halfway through my training camp and I feel very good. I’m in good shape. I expect a tough battle from Johnson so I have to be well prepared.
“People will judge after the Johnson fight if I’m a top super middleweight or not. I faced my obligations as an IBF champion and fought top-rated opponents. Kessler and Pavlik refused to fight me. So now, I’m in front of the biggest challenge in my career and I want to win and make a statement. After this fight, I want to fight the Super Six winner.
“I’m training for a 12-round fight. My objective is to win the fight and stay world champion. I don’t depend on the KO but if it comes that would be a terrific ending to my fight.”

GLEN JOHNSON :
“I’m ready for all the surprises Bute wants to show me on Nov. 5. I know how good he is but I’m going to have some surprises for him, too.”
On his next fight if he beats Bute:
“You never know, it depends on what TV and my fans want to see. But I am not going to talk about others fighters other than Lucian right now. I’m concentrated on him, I’m preparing for him, I’m focused on him, and I`m getting ready to beat him. We`ll talk about other fighters after.
“I am aware it’s a huge challenge to fight Bute in Quebec City, but I’m looking forward to the fight. I can`t wait.
“I don’t need to spar with a fighter to know that I can beat him. Yes, I trained with Bute in the past. Yes, we had good sparring together and yes I’m very confident I can beat this guy. That`s all that needs to be said.
“I can’t lose my next fight with Bute. I’m the one who needs the victory the most. It’s a do or die situation for me.”
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 AM   #2
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 3553
Default Re: Bute:People will judge after the Johnson fight if I知 a top super middleweight or

He's partly right.

The doubting boxingfans will have an answer.
The ones that already rate him will claim they're right all along or be devastated.
The haters will keep hating and say he beat a over the hill fighter wich proves nothing, or jerk off when he loses.
Robney is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 156
Default Re: Bute:People will judge after the Johnson fight if I知 a top super middleweight or

Glen Johnson always tells it like it is.. Too bad he's going to lose this fight..
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #4
Shearsie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I think that's a fair enough statement from Bute; Glen Johnson's not a bad yardstick at this point in time.

Looking forward to the fight - should be a good match up as no one generally has an easy night against The Road Warrior, although I expect Bute to win.
Shearsie is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #5
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

vCash: 2100

I wonder what Johnson could bring to surprise Bute. The Road Warrior has the same style for years: forward, jab and right hand.

If you were his coach, what would your strategy be?
laffie is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 AM   #6
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Ahhh... it is an acceptable fight, BUT we won't get ANY answers we don't already know.

Just look at the odds.. EVERYONE knows Bute will beat Johnson (who has a miserable track record at SMW).

It is an acceptable passing time fight but it is not a top fight. Johnson is not a top top fighter at SMW and therefore this wont tell us anything new.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #7
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Should be a good fight. I expect Bute to win in style, but Johnson should give him a decent workout for a few rounds before gassing.

As some might recall Mikkel Kessler picks Johnson to win. I think that is his honest opinion and not something he says to give Bute a little needle. So if Bute dispatches Johnson in an impressive way, it should send a statement across the Atlantic.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:10 AM   #8
aliviu_emilian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffie View Post
I wonder what Johnson could bring to surprise Bute. The Road Warrior has the same style for years: forward, jab and right hand.

If I were his coach I would have been saying my fighter has a big chance to win a championship at 42 and I would be aware for myself that could be the last big fight for him.
aliviu_emilian is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #9
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliviu_emilian View Post
If I were his coach I would have been saying my fighter has a big chance to win a championship at 42 and I would be aware for myself that could be the last big fight for him.
That's for the motivation part but what strategy should Johnson use to make Bute go out of his comfort zone?
laffie is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #10
aliviu_emilian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAverage View Post
Ahhh... it is an acceptable fight, BUT we won't get ANY answers we don't already know.

Just look at the odds.. EVERYONE knows Bute will beat Johnson (who has a miserable track record at SMW).

It is an acceptable passing time fight but it is not a top fight. Johnson is not a top top fighter at SMW and therefore this wont tell us anything new.
Don`t agree.Look at the comments at the article on the front page. 30% of people think Johnson will win.I have a question:why almost none put in doubt the validity of Froch-Jonson fight?In the same some people used to say, Bute hasn`t the level of Super Six fighters.Now he`ll fight a semifinalist of that (and one that in the vision of a judge was the equal of Froch) and already enough people say:It`s not a relevant fight.We can imagine the comments after the fight no matter the result.

Not to mention his rival Pascal recently commented on twitter:A win without danger is a win without glory.A man defeated by a 46-er comments about a fight with a 42-er.
aliviu_emilian is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #11
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post
Should be a good fight. I expect Bute to win in style, but Johnson should give him a decent workout for a few rounds before gassing.

As some might recall Mikkel Kessler picks Johnson to win. I think that is his honest opinion and not something he says to give Bute a little needle. So if Bute dispatches Johnson in an impressive way, it should send a statement across the Atlantic.
Fair post. Johnson is not the ultimate test but is good enough to measure Bute'S level.

BTW, do you have some news on Kessler's training camp?
laffie is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:25 AM   #12
Shearsie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
That's for the motivation part but what strategy should Johnson use to make Bute go out of his comfort zone?
I think you've basically answered this with your other post, mate.

Johnson's used the same style for years; I doubt he knows any other way at this point in time. He's not going to bring anything new to the table for this fight. What he will bring will be effective to a point, but Bute will break him down in classy fashion and win a UD, I believe.

Old Dog, New Tricks? Not happening I think.
Shearsie is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #13
Shearsie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliviu_emilian View Post
Don`t agree.Look at the comments at the article on the front page. 30% of people think Johnson will win.I have a question:why almost none put in doubt the validity of Froch-Jonson fight?In the same some people used to say, Bute hasn`t the level of Super Six fighters.Now he`ll fight a semifinalist of that (and one that in the vision of a judge was the equal of Froch) and already enough people say:It`s not a relevant fight.We can imagine the comments after the fight no matter the result.

Not to mention his rival Pascal recently commented on twitter:A win without danger is a win without glory.A man defeated by a 46-er comments about a fight with a 42-er.
I disagree with the bold part here; if Bute wins an impressive KO, I think the victory would be held in quite high regard as Johnson's a tough old Rooster.

I can't see it happening, but a KO would be a good feat in my estimation.
Shearsie is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #14
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearsie View Post
I think you've basically answered this with your other post, mate.

Johnson's used the same style for years; I doubt he knows any other way at this point in time. He's not going to bring anything new to the table for this fight. What he will bring will be effective to a point, but Bute will break him down in classy fashion and win a UD, I believe.

Old Dog, New Tricks? Not happening I think.
That's what I think but I was curious to see if unbiased people (not like me) could find something.
laffie is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #15
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Don't let him breath, pressure him all night, make him work his ass of to keep you at distance, when close use sharp compact and fast combinations, those trown in series not non-stop, and in the middle of those combination tow some uppercuts.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum