Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347
Default So are the winning gloves worth the money?

So I used to use the grant pro trainers and really LOVED them, BUT they kept falling apart.. so I sent them back. I don't necessarily have bad hands, they just ache at times.

So for anyone who has or have used the winning gloves, would you say they're worth the price tag? I'm not expecting this glove to turn me into mayweather, I just want something that will last me a long time and keep my hands safe.
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: So are the winning gloves worth the money?

Never owned a pair of my own, but I have watched some pretty active guys in my gym run through them fairly quickly. One guy via mitts. One guy via HB. The guy on the HB actually has to use duct tape to keep them together.

My guess is the training gloves are perfect for what they are for, protecting your hands and sparring partners. At a normal gym a guy in white, yellow, sea foam green, etc... gloves will be sporting some serious crud. For all of the Winning gloves I have seen in pro training camp videos, they almost ALWAYS look fairly new. My guess is that they are replacing them.

They are NOT a work horse glove that will stand up to years of abuse on heavy bags. For that you will need a real leather glove. Hell I don't think they will stand up to a solid years worth of serious training. If you NEED to protect your hands that badly and the cost isn't really an issue? They seem like the top choice.

Those grants are pretty thin no?
bald_head_slick is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing