Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Re: Kell Brook...Who next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Don't be a tard.

Any of them would be okay, with PM and Berto getting him more attention.
Malignaggi would confuse him. Kell is yet to be tested with anyone on Malingaggi's level.

If they fight, I guarantee it.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Really Laz? Anybody with a stiff and accurate jab has a great chance of beating Malignaggi, As much as you dont want to admit it Brooks jab is very good.
I don't think Brook's jab is that good. I don't think he can do what Khan did to Malignaggi, and I'm not even saying that because of the Khan thing, I'm just saying, I think Malignaggi confuses him with speed and his own jab.

His fight with the pole and an old N'Dou are hardly enough to convince me that he can beat Paulie.

Paulie looked good in his fight versus Jose Cotto, too.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #18
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Malignaggi would confuse him. Kell is yet to be tested with anyone on Malingaggi's level.

If they fight, I guarantee it.
Confuses him how exactly? It was only a few years ago PM was scraping past N'dou. He's simply not that good Laz. Stop trying to big him up because Khan beat him, not only is it transparent its anti-logic. He's too easy to hit, he's been beat up loads of times, he's not a threat.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #19
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
I don't think Brook's jab is that good. I don't think he can do what Khan did to Malignaggi, and I'm not even saying that because of the Khan thing, I'm just saying, I think Malignaggi confuses him with speed and his own jab.
What, Brook can't throw inaccurate punches all night and slowly grind out an unconvincing stoppage?

Au contraire, I think Brook can do the exact same thing. But it's still a shit fight - Brook can do better domestically.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #20
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Regardless on what people say Kell vs Paulie on a U.S undercard or if Eddie can get Paulie over here would be a better test than that Pole tonight, I think we can all agree to that.

It just goes on how fast Eddie brings Kell if he wants to fight Khan next year than they should just go after a World title ASAP.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
WhamBam
Keeping Cool
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post

His fight with the pole and an old N'Dou are hardly enough to convince me that he can beat Paulie.

Paulie looked good in his fight versus Jose Cotto, too.
WhamBam is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
vCash: 1000

kell brook ****in class
teeto is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #23
Undisputed P4P
esb FBL & FIFA 12 champ
ESB Addict

vCash: 388

as matchroom want him to fight on the undercard of ward vs froch there is no chance of it being against berto, malignaggi or any real credible opponent.

his next opponent will be a bum who will take the fight for peanuts. kell will KO the kid and look impressive, the last thing matchroom want is for kell to look poor on his american debut.

im not sure which fighters goosen has at welterweight so it would likely be a free agent because if he is a fighter with top rank they would fight on the margarito vs cotto ppv on the 3rd and if it is a golden boy fighter they would just be on the khan vs peterson undercard on the 10th.
Undisputed P4P is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #24
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Confuses him how exactly? It was only a few years ago PM was scraping past N'dou. He's simply not that good Laz. Stop trying to big him up because Khan beat him, not only is it transparent its anti-logic. He's too easy to hit, he's been beat up loads of times, he's not a threat.
I think Malignaggi can beat him to the punch and outjab him. I don't know, when I look at their styles and look at who Malignaggi has been in with and who Brook has been in with, I still find it hard to believe that he can beat Malignaggi.

Well, Paulie did make big noise about that being due to his trainer and the N'dou Brook faced was arguably a shadow of his former self.

I just see him having a lot of problems. Maybe I'll see more when we see Brook in with a legitimate threat.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #25
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
What, Brook can't throw inaccurate punches all night and slowly grind out an unconvincing stoppage?

Au contraire, I think Brook can do the exact same thing. But it's still a shit fight - Brook can do better domestically.
Did you see Brook's workrate? It was hardly impressive. He was inaccurate, his jab wasn't as great as people are suggesting and his defense was not tested. The other guy probably through about 10 punches in the whole fight and in them 10 punches, I saw 2 jabs by the pole hit Brook straight on the face, and he was tiny compared to him!
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #26
EnrysAmmer
Real Ale Supporter

vCash: 500

Senchenko is a stay at home fighter, would be hard to get him to agree to fight outside the Ukraine without Eddie Hearn paying really over the odds. Though Kell winning a title would create further opportunities and give Eddie something to work with in regards to getting Brook the bigger fights, so who knows, he may take the risk.
EnrysAmmer is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #27
mani0
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

He should fight Soto-Karaas or even Kotelnik.
mani0 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #28
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Are you going to be this much of a spaz any time somebody is vaguely considered an Amir Khan rival, Laz? Is this how you're going to operate, like you have sand in your vagina just because a fighter exists that may or may not operate in the same division as Khan in the near future has been mentioned as a possible opponent.

Tonight was a good performance by Brook, and if the N'dou that Brook beat was a shadow of his former self was the one Malignaggi labored to victory against a beast? Not quite. You need to realize Malignaggi is a mediocre fighter thats only ever really beaten a pressure fighter that had slow feet convincingly. In every fight against somebody with a clue how to box or put on effective pressure, whether it be Ndou, Hatton, Khan, Cotto, even herman ndougjo who was just an average boxer/puncher that Brook should be aspiring to easily surpass made him look mediocre. Which he is. He's a boxer that pretends to be slick and can't punch whatsoever, its not an impressive package and he has to live with a young guy that can box and punch and is fresh.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #29
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Mayweather
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #30
WhamBam
Keeping Cool
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Are you going to be this much of a spaz any time somebody is vaguely considered an Amir Khan rival, Laz? Is this how you're going to operate, like you have sand in your vagina just because a fighter exists that may or may not operate in the same division as Khan in the near future has been mentioned as a possible opponent.

Tonight was a good performance by Brook, and if the N'dou that Brook beat was a shadow of his former self was the one Malignaggi labored to victory against a beast? Not quite. You need to realize Malignaggi is a mediocre fighter thats only ever really beaten a pressure fighter that had slow feet convincingly. In every fight against somebody with a clue how to box or put on effective pressure, whether it be Ndou, Hatton, Khan, Cotto, even herman ndougjo who was just an average boxer/puncher that Brook should be aspiring to easily surpass made him look mediocre. Which he is. He's a boxer that pretends to be slick and can't punch whatsoever, its not an impressive package and he has to live with a young guy that can box and punch and is fresh.
i cant believe this guy believes his own BS, he honestly reckons, malinaggi would beat brook based on his last performance against cottos less talented brother at 147, that right there is nuthuggary to the power of 10, its quite funny the guy has similar opinions about john murray and when some1 calls him out he claims he used to be a fan of murray i find that rather hard to believe
WhamBam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum