Old 10-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #46
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Re: Kell Brook...Who next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalletInspector View Post
Quicker at throwing arm punches maybe. Not anything of substance.

He looked shit against Lozada, and not great against Cotto.

Paulie's jab is sloppy and has nothing behind it. How is it better than Brook's?

No, I meant Brook's jab is better, for sure. I'm not arguing that, but I think Paulie's jab is faster.

He didn't look shit, did he? Watched both of them, but can't remember too much but I do remember him looking pretty good.

Maybe I'll watch both of them tomorrow and have a different opinion! (If that's OK with some of the posters on ESB) .
Lazarus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #47
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
No, I meant Brook's jab is better, for sure. I'm not arguing that, but I think Paulie's jab is faster.

He didn't look shit, did he? Watched both of them, but can't remember too much but I do remember him looking pretty good.

Maybe I'll watch both of them tomorrow and have a different opinion! (If that's OK with some of the posters on ESB) .
Fair enough.

I wasn't impressed by him against Lozada. Maybe I was being harsh but I don't remember him looking good against what is really, a journeyman.
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #48
jpab19
Exploding Muffin Dad
East Side Guru

vCash: 9287

I didn't watch the Lozada fight but, first round aside, I can't recollect him ever having much trouble with Cotto, he actually surprised me with how he controlled that fight with relative ease for the most part.

Also, generally nobody looks good against Lozada, because he's that crap at this stage that not taking him out straight away makes your performance appear sub-par.
jpab19 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #49
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalletInspector View Post
Fair enough.

I wasn't impressed by him against Lozada. Maybe I was being harsh but I don't remember him looking good against what is really, a journeyman.
At times he did look poor, yeah, but I think it was somewhat due to Lozada's weird style. The guy kept changing his stance and even Katsidis didn't look too great against him.

Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #50
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Paulie would have nothing to dissuade Brook, and is really hittable. Paulie is cack, and I like Paulie. He has no talent other than durability.

Matthew Hatton would bring more to a fight with Brook. I'd prefer Aydin or Zaveck.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #51
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Brook's not super fast but he's reasonably fast and has decent timing. If you're fast enough and time them well that can make up for just throwing sloppy fast punches just for the sake of being fast.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #52
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Brook's not super fast but he's reasonably fast and has decent timing. If you're fast enough and time them well that can make up for just throwing sloppy fast punches just for the sake of being fast.

I like your sneaky dig at Khan, let's put it this way if Kell gets in the ring with Khan he will make Kell look hella slow and beat him to the punch most of the time.

Khan would dismantle Kell just with his jab.

Kell should fight a live fighter and we will see how good he really is first, before dreaming of Khan.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 01:21 AM   #53
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
I was a fan of John Murray, you tit I stopped when he started to continuously face terrible opposition time and time again.

Yes, I do believe it. I'm just not going to jump on Brook's dick like and claim he's the next best thing based on the fight he just had.

Best thing you should do is bookmark the thread. If I'm wrong, then so be it. I'll be happy if he does prove me wrong.
You will be wrong and I don't even rate Brook that highly. His defence is not very good, his footwork is often poor and he's barely fought anyone of any note in his 7 years as a pro. Plus his power is hugely overrated.

That said he has quick hands, a good jab and a decent workrate. More than enough to beat Paulie. Your "logic" is ludicrous. You don't think he could beat Paulie based on who they have both been in the ring with.

How did that work out with Hatton vs Tsyzu, Clay vs Liston, Khan vs MAB.

There are lots of factors that make such comparisons ridiculous and whilst it is fair to say Brook has not operated at that level, he has not operated at the level that N'Dou has either, but the guy was shot and he walked over him.

Paulie is not only past his best, but was never very good to start with. The Hatton of the Tsyzu days would have demolished him with pressure and aggression, but Hatton was trying to be some new improved version with slick boxing and still strolled to victory off the back of a jab.

Brook could walk through anything Paulie throws, land his jab constantly and do what anyone with decent workrate and speed can do. What does it matter who Paulie has faced, when everyone of the good names he has faced thrashed him?
Strike is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 01:23 AM   #54
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post

Just kidding, thing which made Naz so hard to hit was his reflexes and one punch speed, Kell looks to upright and stiff to me at times, also wide open to counters.

Again he looked good tonight but let's not forget who he beat.
That's exactly how I see it too.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 01:55 AM   #55
killuminix
yes im back
ESB Senior Member

whooo necxks
killuminix is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 05:47 AM   #56
TYSON DURAN
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

For a first fight in America what about someone like Antwone Smith or Luis Carlos Abregu. I can't see him fighting a big name first time around, it's all about building his profile towards the bigger fights.

Malignaggi name wise and risk wise would be perfect but it can be very difficult to look good against him. That being said it doesn't look like the move to 147 has done him any favours.

The worst possible fight for him would be Randall Bailey. Brooks defence is quite slack and you don't want to be shipping shots against Bailey.
TYSON DURAN is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 06:04 AM   #57
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I was a fan of John Murray, you tit I stopped when he started to continuously face terrible opposition time and time again.

Yes, I do believe it. I'm just not going to jump on Brook's dick like and claim he's the next best thing based on the fight he just had.

Best thing you should do is bookmark the thread. If I'm wrong, then so be it. I'll be happy if he does prove me wrong.
you can't jump on anyones dick,they aint enough room with khans dick constantly stuck there.
**** me laz,im not a fan of brook,he is very open and pretty basic,but he beats the likes of paulie every day of the week,he is a terrible boxer,just cos khan beat him well,you are trying to big paulie up as a great fighter.
widdy is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #58
Davew430
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
you can't jump on anyones dick,they aint enough room with khans dick constantly stuck there.
Davew430 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #59
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Brook looked good but he was in with someone who was tailor made for his style - small, slow and didnt throw a lot of punches. Berto wouldn't just sit there in a shell like Jaqckiewicz.
You can't compare Brook to Khan when Brook hasnt fought anyone at world level.
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #60
boxing_source
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Brook vs Jesus Soto Karass is the fight I want to see. Someone with an iron chin who will actually throw punches back.
boxing_source is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum