Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95
Exclamation My friend is sick

I've got a mate of mine who is really making a huge fuss about his body size. Hes 15 years old, 1.60 (give or take) and 45Kg(give or take). Obviously hes very young and as you can see very small and is worried about his weight thinking hes "not normal". Im 1.73 and im 60-61Kg and also aged 15. Hes messing around with alot of protein and bodybuilding things just to build his body up. I keep on telling him that its body type and he still has alot of years to grow up but he won't listen. Hes going all around the internet searching for diets when i ask him "what goal are you trying to reach" and he says he wants weight. Hes Muscle & Bone only, barely a gram of fat and his muscle weight probably reached it peak or near peak so i thought the only way he can put on weight is by literally "putting on weight". I don't want to stop him or anything but could i have any opinions on what i should tell him or what he should do? I keep on telling him to eat everything he can find.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Juxhin; 10-09-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Juxhin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
MrSmall
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: My friend is sick

tell him to stop reading magazines of any kind, except PC Gamer Uk.
no idea what kind of sense you are trying to make here.
So he's severely unhealthily underweight and is trying to build his body up and intaking a lot of protein? What's the problem? He won't magically gain weight if he doesn't eat enough just because he is only 15. 15, 1.60m and 45kg is SEVERELY underweight, he wants to put on weight, tell him to just eat EVERYTHING in sight, don't worry about special diets, drink a lot of milk if he can handle it, lift some weights, EAT everything he sees, don't worry about clean or junk, just eat.
What the **** is this thread all about?
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
tell him to stop reading magazines of any kind, except PC Gamer Uk.
no idea what kind of sense you are trying to make here.
So he's severely unhealthily underweight and is trying to build his body up and intaking a lot of protein? What's the problem? He won't magically gain weight if he doesn't eat enough just because he is only 15. 15, 1.60m and 45kg is SEVERELY underweight, he wants to put on weight, tell him to just eat EVERYTHING in sight, don't worry about special diets, drink a lot of milk if he can handle it, lift some weights, EAT everything he sees, don't worry about clean or junk, just eat.
What the **** is this thread all about?
i wanna help my mate out :(

edit: but i was thinking i am 73 and 60kg that means i have a 13 different (73-60) and hes 60 - 45 ( 15 difference ) .. so isnt he more or less like a smaller version of my body (i have no clue whatsoever and im probably wrong but i really wanna help him understand his weight)
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
MrSmall
Journeyman

no it doesnt work like that, you are really skinny, but he is unhealthily underweight, its expnonential, not linear.
best thing you can do is to encourage the guy to eat, exercise and be happy.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
no it doesnt work like that, you are really skinny, but he is unhealthily underweight, its expnonential, not linear.
best thing you can do is to encourage the guy to eat, exercise and be happy.
aight, thanks small! much appreciated
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

When I was that age I thought I was too small aswell.... Didn't help that my mother and my Russian grandmother were always telling me that I was too skinny. I didn't know anything about nutrition but I ate whatever I could until I couldn't eat anymore.. Didn't make any difference, I must have been burning up stupid amounts of energy just off my metabolism and whatever I did each day. I tried stuffing my face for awhile then gave up. When I was around 18 something happened, my genetics kicked in. I barely did any physical activity but I seemed to just fill out, I did some pushups every other day and then I had people asking me if I was taking steroids. Every kid at 15 wants to be a man, he just needs to be patient. If he eats okay then there is no problem.
Best thing you can do for him is support him, tell him he looks good and ripped (no ****) and he'll probably get bigger when he's a bit older. Is his dad muscular at all? If he is then point that out and tell him about genetics. He's too young to be worrying about his body like that, when it becomes an obsession it's like reverse anorexia. It's actually got a name, muscle dysmorphia. There are lots of insecure lads around these days, it's a bit of a problem.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

thanks for the comment lefty, i told him that. Hes very young and still has to grow. I just dont want him ending up doin anything stupid and messing around with all these protein shakes and **** he takes. Im the type of guy who eat what mum cooks. I never eat junk food but i eat alot and it might not do supernatural changes but it helps me recover from heavy training. thanks again
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #8
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
thanks for the comment lefty, i told him that. Hes very young and still has to grow. I just dont want him ending up doin anything stupid and messing around with all these protein shakes and **** he takes. Im the type of guy who eat what mum cooks. I never eat junk food but i eat alot and it might not do supernatural changes but it helps me recover from heavy training. thanks again
Protein shakes aren't a drug, they're harmless.

I don't see the problem. Your friend is skinny, he needs to eat more. If he trains in the gym the weight he gaines will probably be a decent amount of muscle. You don't want him to do this?

And he hasn't reached any "muscle peak" at 45kg.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Protein shakes aren't a drug, they're harmless.

I don't see the problem. Your friend is skinny, he needs to eat more. If he trains in the gym the weight he gaines will probably be a decent amount of muscle. You don't want him to do this?

And he hasn't reached any "muscle peak" at 45kg.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
idk what he takes, he takes protein shake then another shake with some other stuff then he eats lunch. "muscle peak" as in he cant rly put on weight with muscle. Hes very small, small shoulder, small back/torso. He is worried hes to low but recently improved since he went on a cruise and went on a eating frenzy. Before he would be 42Kg .. He keeps on asking me about specific diets and so on. I honestly have a weak background regarding these situations and i admit it thats why im asking your opinions on what he should do
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #10
MrSmall
Journeyman

you have a very skewed view of how much muscle or how big a person can or cannot get. at 1.60, regardless of build, he can get up to 80kg and in good condition, I would say, so why the heck do you believe he can't get more muscular after 45kg???
he has small shoulders and small back torso because he is unhealthily underweight and has no development in his body.
Let him continue his eating frenzy till he gets to 60kg, he won't look much different I bet, just would have filled out from looking like a starving child, which is probably what he actually is.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
you have a very skewed view of how much muscle or how big a person can or cannot get. at 1.60, regardless of build, he can get up to 80kg and in good condition, I would say, so why the heck do you believe he can't get more muscular after 45kg???
he has small shoulders and small back torso because he is unhealthily underweight and has no development in his body.
Let him continue his eating frenzy till he gets to 60kg, he won't look much different I bet, just would have filled out from looking like a starving child, which is probably what he actually is.
yes but he needs to keep fit at the same time and i dont want him to stop training ..

edit: and yes i know i have no idea about this topic thats why im askin all of your opinions so whatever i say i say it with some knowledge..

Last edited by Juxhin; 10-09-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #12
Aforce

vCash:

Need a breakthrough in reopening growth plates if his has fused...... luckily the resting zone doesn’t completely fuse so there might be a way of increasing reach length and height length.

No way to increase girth though.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #13
Aforce

vCash:

Well muscle I guess (to give the appearance).
Old 10-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #14
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
yes but he needs to keep fit at the same time and i dont want him to stop training ..
It isn't about what you want, it's whats best for him. Eating more food won't make him unhealthy.

Tell him to eat a lot more food and lift weights if he wants to build muscle. He's nowhere near any genetic limit. I don't get why you think he can't build any more muscle?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
Aforce

vCash:

Is this thread about bone or muscle?

Obviously you can increase muscle mass to a certain extent.

If not just use HGH.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing