Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #16
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: My friend is sick

From what i understand your friend is way too skinny and is trying to gain weight by eating/ taking a ton of protien shakes and going on bodybuilding websites right? Whats wrong with that? He see's he has a physical issue/ illness and is trying to rectify it why would you want to stop him?
pichuchu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
Aforce

vCash:

I misread the whole thread.

Tell him to get enough magnesium (glycinate) and vitamin D3.

And protein/calcium/glucosamine.

And importantly Zinc.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

baffled.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #19
Aforce

vCash:

And vitamin C
Old 10-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #20
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aforce View Post
I misread the whole thread.

Tell him to get enough magnesium (glycinate) and vitamin D3.

And protein/calcium/glucosamine.

And importantly Zinc.
No need for any of these specifics, just tell him to eat more.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #21
Aforce

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
No need for any of these specifics, just tell him to eat more.
Well the magnesium and vitamin D3 might be essential if he’s eating his meat and milk.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #22
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

There's nothing wrong with the size of your mate Juxhin, I think people here don't understand what being 15 is. Having a protein shake won't hurt him. If he has energy to train and do whatever he does then he's fine. I know some people who still couldn't build muscle or get bigger at 18. In the early 20s these same people had no problem putting on weight. You'd never find any sort of decent coach trying to build muscle on a 15 year old, there's a reason for that.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #23
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

1. Lift.
2. Smoke weed.
3. Eat a lot (of weed brownies).
4. Eat a lot of protein/fat rich food (pizza, meat, protein shakes, peanut butter, milk, etc).

Problem solved
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #24
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

And guys physically grow til 21, so he's got like 6 years to work with there. He'll probably fill out fine and dandy just from eating healthy and being active.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #25
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95

guys guys, first of all. Thanks a million for all the comments and second, its not me who doesnt want him to put on weight, he is afraid that he is to skinny and is experimenting alot. I just dont want him to stop training cause of his weight cause i always tell him he is underweight but not at a harmful level. I read on a few charts that a kid my age with height 1.60 should be 49-51Kg minimum and hes 45-47 so it isnt that bad. I have no idea on this subject and he is always asking me questions about bodybuilding, protein. How much of this how much of that and i tell him that im the type that i 'eat whats given to me' if mum decides to cook meat today and pasta tomorrow thats what im gonna eat and don't take any shakes/pills/protein bars whatsoever but honestly (once again i have no clue) i hear that messing with all these nutritional things isnt very healthy especially if you have no knowledge about them. Im trying to tell him that instead of denying his food and taking other protein things instead of a decent meal doesnt sound very right to me. One day he told me he could last a whole day on yoghurt. If im wrong please tell me "YOU ARE WRONG", but since when he started this protein shake he started having liver/kidney pain (i donno which one, if im not mistaken the left one) everytime he trained ..
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #26
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
And guys physically grow til 21, so he's got like 6 years to work with there. He'll probably fill out fine and dandy just from eating healthy and being active.
yea i told him that also ..
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #27
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
There's nothing wrong with the size of your mate Juxhin, I think people here don't understand what being 15 is. Having a protein shake won't hurt him. If he has energy to train and do whatever he does then he's fine. I know some people who still couldn't build muscle or get bigger at 18. In the early 20s these same people had no problem putting on weight. You'd never find any sort of decent coach trying to build muscle on a 15 year old, there's a reason for that.
but i dont think its good when you start having kidney pain after training is ok am i right? He would never have the problem before until he started taking this protein shake with milk
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #28
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
but i dont think its good when you start having kidney pain after training is ok am i right? He would never have the problem before until he started taking this protein shake with milk
I've never heard of anybody getting kidney/liver pain from drinking milk and having a few protein shakes. If that's the case your friend needs to see a doctor.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #29
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Kidney pains are not normally asociated with milk and protien shakes but COULD have something to do with it if he started having pains after taking them and not before or after. However just need to say that kidney issues are associated with being severly underweight and your friend as you described is underweight. BUT TELL HIM TO SEE A DOCTOR ORGAN PROBLEMS ARE SERIOUS
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #30
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
Kidney pains are not normally asociated with milk and protien shakes but COULD have something to do with it if he started having pains after taking them and not before or after. However just need to say that kidney issues are associated with being severly underweight and your friend as you described is underweight. BUT TELL HIM TO SEE A DOCTOR ORGAN PROBLEMS ARE SERIOUS
i know i know .. he checked a doctor and took blood tests but didn't find anything.. he also checked for his bones because also after he trains he feels knee pains and foot pain but he doesnt have any disease or anything
Juxhin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing