Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Boom1989
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Nobody would be complaining about Mormeck if Wlad was fighting four times a year!

Boom1989 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Chrystophilax
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 316
Default Re: Nobody would be complaining about Mormeck if Wlad was fighting four times a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom1989 View Post
Fair.

It would just be bum of the month club all over again though.
Chrystophilax is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0
Default Re: Nobody would be complaining about Mormeck if Wlad was fighting four times a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystophilax View Post
Fair.

It would just be bum of the month club all over again though.
Nah.......

Walds schedule for 2 years would have to look like this

Quezada
Aguilera
Rossy
Meehan (1 semi competent contender)
Rudenko (1 untested, undefeated Euroclass)
Joey Abell
Petrovic (1 40+ fight winner)
Joe Hanks (1 untested, undefeated ameriCAN)
Biran Minto (1 blown up CW, ameriCAN HW for some extra rounds as a tuneup for his upcoming fight schedule.)
chitownfightfan is online now  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Nah.......

Walds schedule for 2 years would have to look like this

Quezada
Aguilera
Rossy
Meehan (1 semi competent contender)
Rudenko (1 untested, undefeated Euroclass)
Joey Abell
Petrovic (1 40+ fight winner)
Joe Hanks (1 untested, undefeated ameriCAN)
Biran Minto (1 blown up CW, ameriCAN HW for some extra rounds as a tuneup for his upcoming fight schedule.)
Actually....come to think of it....this looks like Rahmans, Arreolas schedule for becoming an ABC mandatory.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
Blake Rayne
Fat Cuban Aficianado
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Wlad is fast running out of opponents willing and capable of getting in the ring with him and your answer is for him to fight more times a year so this scenario (JMM) happens more often.
Blake Rayne is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Rayne View Post

Wlad is fast running out of opponents willing and capable of getting in the ring with him and your answer is for him to fight more times a year so this scenario (JMM) happens more often.
I'm tellin ya Rayne.....Mormeck in december, Quezada in Feb, Meehan/McCall in May, mandatory in July, undefeated Euroclass like Pulev in Sept, Minto in December.....rinse and repeat.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

I'm 100% sure people here still would have complained in that case.
There are a couple of guys here that jump on every oppertunity to bash the brothers no matter what they do. If you hate them, you hate them and nothing they do will change that.
Robney is online now  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom1989 View Post
I know I wouldn't complain. That is my main complaint here. Wladimir fights twice a year and he is wasting one against this small, undeserving challenger. Four fights a year, one of them Mormeck, would be fine with me.
Abdullah is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #9
killuminix
yes im back
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Actually....come to think of it....this looks like Rahmans, Arreolas schedule for becoming an ABC mandatory.
rahman is already rated #1 by wba
killuminix is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
ThePunchingBag
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 923

Agreed.
ThePunchingBag is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #11
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by killuminix View Post
rahman is already rated #1 by wba
Believe me when I say that the WBA will not only rob Rahman of his mandatory vs Potvetkin(they already have IMO) but will force him to fight Arreola for the next Potvetkin challenge.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #12
Blake Rayne
Fat Cuban Aficianado
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm tellin ya Rayne.....Mormeck in december, Quezada in Feb, Meehan/McCall in May, mandatory in July, undefeated Euroclass like Pulev in Sept, Minto in December.....rinse and repeat.

He could do themes.

2012 the year of the great american retirement party. Holy/Toney/Rahman/McCall/Tarver (**** it why not).

2013 UK great depression mark 2. Chisora/Fury/Sprott/Price/***ton/A Force (dangerous)/etc

2014 the year of the Eurobum. Dimi/Pov/**** it too many to choose from.

and big bro can clean out the division of all the fatties. I should be a manager.
Blake Rayne is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #13
shimmy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

At his age and given that every fight is a huge event, I think twice a year is fine. Its pretty normal for the champ to do so. I bet he fights 3 times next year though. Even if he doesn't, I'm fine with it as long as the fights are made with top 10 guys. Hopefully Aerreola, Helenius or Povetkin step up.
shimmy is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #14
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

I like Wlad, and would complain about Mormeck as an opponent even if he was sandwiched between defenses a month before and a month after.

The champ's activity is irrelevant. 39 year old Jean Marc Mormeck should not be competing for a world heavyweight championship.. Slogging through wins over a handful of guys who themselves would have no business whatsoever competing for a world heavyweight championship doesn't earn him that right. This is a complete mismatch.

Hell, Wlad could fight earlier the same night and it would still be a complete mismatch and a sham of a world title bout.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #15
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I like Wlad, and would complain about Mormeck as an opponent even if he was sandwiched between defenses a month before and a month after.

The champ's activity is irrelevant. 39 year old Jean Marc Mormeck should not be competing for a world heavyweight championship.. Slogging through wins over a handful of guys who themselves would have no business whatsoever competing for a world heavyweight championship doesn't earn him that right. This is a complete mismatch.

Hell, Wlad could fight earlier the same night and it would still be a complete mismatch and a sham of a world title bout.
But its not like many willing heavyweights are deserving of that shot, imo wlad's most important fight was haye and he took care of it, some other guy said wlad chose mormeck to target France as a potential market to further increase the Klitschko popularity in Europe, maybe thats one of the reasons why he got chosen?
I would have prefered arreola in the US though.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum