Yes, of course they did 71 51.82%
Yes, but they tested positive and hiding results 19 13.87%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #106
CYoungblood95
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Do you think USADA tested Ortiz Mayweather?

I know a bunch of people are wishing they didn't, but they did. I recall Ortiz' Facebook page mentioning something about the USADA testing/ers.
CYoungblood95 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #107
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandido View Post
Yes, they did. That is not the issue.

The real issue is why they did not release the results of the test and if they need to release the results.
well for some people it is
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #108
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
USADA does not have any official enforcement power in boxing and can only recommend a ban to the state boxing commissions who would then choose whether to abide by it, the report added.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
dodong is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #109
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
it doesn't really matter.
so this means....
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #110
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062
Default Re: Where are the drug test results for Mayweather - Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
I think ESB knows where I stand on this issue. At the same time I can't see why the USADA would not issue their own press release.

When doing something in an official capacity there is no, "there wasn't a controversy". There are standard operating procedures and you follow them. Period. If the USADA conducts testing they need to release the results or post them in a place accessible to the public. If they don't they are no more transparent and objective than any of the other agencies.

The IRS requires you to file your taxes every year regardless of if you owe, don't owe, or they owe you. The DMV requires you to register cars even if they are non-operational. Protocol is protocol. Protocol must be consistent and followed regardless of the circumstance.

We can't run around saying "Follow the rules!" and in the same breath say, "Well in this case we can bend the rules." As much as I hate to say it, that is not fair to Pac's camp/position.
But is it in their rules to provide the pubic with this information? The statement they provided with the information on the Mayweather-Mosley fight leads one to believe they only did it due to the requests or nature of the situation... I don't think they'd put that statement up if it were normal protocol to provide the public with that information.

Now if it IS normal protocol then I agree they are in the wrong.. But I haven't seen anything saying or suggesting that, and the statement leads me to believe otherwise. I understand fans saying they want to see the results and they should be released to the public, but I don't think it's right to say they have to be released or something is wrong or odd. They may have an agreement where they only have to notify NSAC since they're overseeing the fight. If USADA gets a shit ton of requests for the results I see no reason they wouldn't publicize them.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #111
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Patience people.

I emailed USADA, and they replied.

Quote:
Hi xxxxxxx,

I believe that the results will be posted at the conclusion of the results management process. This usually varies in every situation, so it’s difficult to give an exact time frame.

The results however will be posted here. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
Dear xxxxxxx,

The results for the Mayweather vs. Ortiz fight will be posted on the website soon.

Thanks,
Annie Skinner
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #112
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
But is it in their rules to provide the pubic with this information? The statement they provided with the information on the Mayweather-Mosley fight leads one to believe they only did it due to the requests or nature of the situation... I don't think they'd put that statement up if it were normal protocol to provide the public with that information.

Now if it IS normal protocol then I agree they are in the wrong.. But I haven't seen anything saying or suggesting that, and the statement leads me to believe otherwise. I understand fans saying they want to see the results and they should be released to the public, but I don't think it's right to say they have to be released or something is wrong or odd. They may have an agreement where they only have to notify NSAC since they're overseeing the fight. If USADA gets a shit ton of requests for the results I see no reason they wouldn't publicize them.
Maybe not a press release, but they must publish the results and I am sure it is public record. It would have to be accessible to parents, athletes, coaches, competitors, and organizations as all do have some vested interest in possibly lying to each other about PED use. So to your point the proactive press release may have been extra. Releasing results is standard.

I am not saying they are wrong and didn't mean to come off that way. I mean that I do expect at some point to get those results and if we don't THEN they are wrong. I don't know the timelines involved. Due to the random nature of Boxing the fight could have been scheduled during a backlog of testing for other sports.

I think this will all come out in the wash and Pactards will be proven dumb and Pac proven a drug test ducker once again!
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #113
unkindworld
Journeyman

The reason I asked this is because a twitter page said to belong to Tygart said that there was an anomaly in the results. I think it may be a false claim. Regardless, delaying the release of the results like this is suspicious as the results can be tampered or fabricated the longer they are withheld from the public. Just like the results of the PPV figures have still not been released. When people have an idea of how long it takes to release the results, any delay in the releasing is subject for speculation of wrongdoing.
unkindworld is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #114
bollocks
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor879 View Post
You should try reading? Typical uneducated moron who doesn't read things before posting.

"In response to a high volume of interest in the testing statistics for the professional boxing event held on May 1, 2010 between Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and Shane Mosley, the following is a summary of program information:"

They do not usually post test results. ****ing idiots....

Flood the USADA with a bunch of emails if you want the results that bad. Fact is, NOBODY ****ING CARES.
According to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , they do:

Mayweather vs. Mosley Professional Boxing Testing Program:

USADA posts test statistics on a quarterly basis, by sport and by athlete, as soon as possible following the completion of each calendar quarter.
bollocks is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #115
unkindworld
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollocks View Post

USADA posts test statistics on a quarterly basis, by sport and by athlete, as soon as possible following the completion of each calendar quarter.
Then that is even worse. The calendar quarter which included Mayweather Ortiz ended September 30, 2011. The fact that the results are missing is even more suspicious.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #116
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
I think ESB knows where I stand on this issue. At the same time I can't see why the USADA would not issue their own press release.

When doing something in an official capacity there is no, "there wasn't a controversy". There are standard operating procedures and you follow them. Period. If the USADA conducts testing they need to release the results or post them in a place accessible to the public. If they don't they are no more transparent and objective than any of the other agencies.

The IRS requires you to file your taxes every year regardless of if you owe, don't owe, or they owe you. The DMV requires you to register cars even if they are non-operational. Protocol is protocol. Protocol must be consistent and followed regardless of the circumstance.

We can't run around saying "Follow the rules!" and in the same breath say, "Well in this case we can bend the rules." As much as I hate to say it, that is not fair to Pac's camp/position.
A lack of consistency and fairness will undermine they're entire stated goal of maintaining integrity in the sport through their testing.

How much bile did you have to swallow to type that last sentence?
PNoyFightFanUSN is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #117
victor879
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollocks View Post

The USADA also says it does not follow that format for professional boxing. It's on a per-fight basis, particularly due to cost.

If people really wanted the test results on a wide consensus, I am sure they would be posted. As I said, write the USADA if you want them. Acting like there is some conspiracy to "hide the results" is beyond ridiculous.
victor879 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #118
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1147

as part of floyd's advocacy, it's expected that he would use each fight to promote osdt in boxing. simple release of the results and him giving a statement or two about it would do his advocacy a great deal. simple as that.
Leonard is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #119
unkindworld
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor879 View Post
The USADA also says it does not follow that format for boxing. It's on a per-fight basis.

If people really wanted the test results on a wide consensus, I am sure they would be posted. As I said, write the USADA if you want them. Acting like there is some conspiracy is beyond ridiculous.
Then they are hypocrites. Any kind of testing or examination will have results. And for an agency that prevents usage of PEDS, transparency is required. Because if they pick and choose which result to publish or not, they can no longer claim credibility since the public will suspect whether they have a hidden agenda in releasing results.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #120
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
as part of floyd's advocacy, it's expected that he would use each fight to promote osdt in boxing. simple release of the results and him giving a statement or two about it would do his advocacy a great deal. simple as that.
Yeah then Pac would take the tests right?
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum