Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #46
northstar
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How good was Mosley @ LightWeight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
It's true. He became dependent on certain aspects of his game and ignored the fundamentals which made him a very dimensional fighter. He may have been slowing down, but relying on physical strength and a bomb overhand right caused him more problems than he would have otherwise had. I think a lot of his welterweight performances (as you said, the first half of his career and then some later gems like the Vargas and Margarito fights) were less flashy than lightweight Mosley, but he was sneakier in a lot of ways. He was great at using one punch to set up another.

Man, I hate when people call him a "black Mexican." As if he fought short and always came forward, and as if all Mexicans lacked a proper offensive defense.
True indeed. Maybe it came down to a loss of confidence or, at times, underestimating his opponent (eg. the cotto fight). Having or even believing you have fight changing punching power, from what i've noticed, can be as much of a detriment as it is a plus. In, mosley's case as time went on he became too right hand dominant.
northstar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #47
LancsTerrible
Different Forms of Game.
ESB Addict

vCash: 2238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Man, I hate when people call him a "black Mexican." As if he fought short and always came forward, and as if all Mexicans lacked a proper offensive defense.
You can probably take solace from the fact those people don't know what the **** they are really talking about. Chavez, Lopez, Gonzalez, Barrera, Morales etc all defensively capable fighters/borderline defensive geniuses.

Its as though some people on this forum think the only way to be defensive is to bar your body with the left fore arm, keep the right by the chin and roll the shoulder.
LancsTerrible is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #48
northstar
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancsTerrible View Post
You can probably take solace from the fact those people don't know what the **** they are really talking about. Chavez, Lopez, Gonzalez, Barrera, Morales etc all defensively capable fighters/borderline defensive geniuses.

Its as though some people on this forum think the only way to be defensive is to bar your body with the left fore arm, keep the right by the chin and roll the shoulder.
LOL. Seriously, they might not have the reflexes and general speed of a mayweather or whitaker, but fundamentally they aren't as far off as some might think.
northstar is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #49
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Beast.
Post Box is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum