Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Stephen "Breadman" Edwards speaks the truth on the Pacquiao/Mayweather situation.

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Breadman on why the fight has yet to happen:

Breadís Response; They are many factors on why Pacquiao/Mayweather has not been made. Arum, Mayweather and Manny all hold their shares of the blame. But the ROOT of this debacle in my opinion is Floyd not being comfortable with what he sees in Manny. I know other sites are more partial to Floyd and thatís their opinion and this is mine. The Mayweatherís specifically Floyd Sr. picked against Manny once Manny stepped up to 147lbs. Letís recall the statements. Floyd Sr. said Oscar does not even need him in the corner when he fights Manny. Heís is going to knock him out. Roger said no way Manny can beat Oscar. Manny shuts Oscar out and makes him quit. Then Floyd Sr. witnesses from the opposing corner Manny almost decapitate Ricky Hatton. One of the worst knockouts in a big fight ever. Then Roger says I have to see Manny beat Cotto. Cotto can really fight and heís a BIG guy. Floyd Sr. said about the Pac/Cotto fight. I know Cotto struggled against Clottey but Clottey is no joke. Clottey can really fight. Pacquiao canít beat Cotto. Then Manny destroys Cotto. Whooooh!

Itís not funny anymore. Floyd Sr. is seen at the Pac/Cotto fight saying how in the hell can a man that small do that. After the fight heís heard saying ďI donít want my son to fight him.Ē Throw in that Manny shuts Clottey out 12 rounds to zip and breaks Margaritoís face and I reasonably assume Floyd is not in a hurry to fight him. His most trusted ďeyeballsĒ his dad and his uncle have been terribly wrong about Manny Pacquiao. I have to assume doubt kicked in at some point.

All of the other stuff plays a factor but this is the REAL bottom line. In my opinion if Manny had not been so destructive lately the fight would have been made. In boxing we all have egos. To pick AGAINST a guy consistently and he destroys the guys you picked against him, it can be demoralizing. Now I want you guys to research everything I just stated and tell me if I am accurate as to what was said about Pacquiao by Floyd Sr. and Roger
osreyes77 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Stephen "Breadman" Edwards speaks the truth on the Pacquiao/Mayweather situation.

Breadman on the testing issue:

Manny is the only active fighter that can generate the money Floyd can. He is the only other PPV star that is guaranteed to do over 1 million PPV buys everytime he fights. He is the only other fighter that is considered a worldwide icon. He is the only one that is equal to Floyd in star power. Do you notice that Floyd takes about 80% of the guaranteed pot, against his opponents? Against Manny, he would pretty much split everything. I wonít argue over a % point here or there. Do you really think Oscar De La Hoya would submit to these tests [which are above what is required by law]? Manny has leverage that no one else currently has. What other fighter can make $25M not fighting Floyd? So that kills that statement. Manny is not everybody else.

Here is where Iím going to shake you up. I was a Mayweather fan before I knew who Manny PAcquiao was. I wish Floyd was more in the right, but heís not. When you ask how would Floyd know Manny would refuse his blood test? You are ignorant to the all of the details. I donít mean that as an insult, but you clearly donít know or failed to mention pertinent events that occurred.
First off about 7 years ago Shelly Finkel went to the NSAC and tried to get an eye exam waived when he was managing Manny. Manny found the exam too intrusive, allegedly they really wanted to go into his eye and he didnít feel comfortable getting it done. This happened way before anybody accused him of being a drug user. Floyd Mayweather also bet BIG money on Manny Pacquiao to beat Erik Morales in their second fight, which Pacquiao won. Now we can both agree Floyd is a student of the game. Why would Floyd bet on a guy who just lost to the fighter he was rematching? Well Manny had 2 excuses. One was he wore WINNING brand gloves and they felt like pillows. Look at the first fight and you will see this. Two, he had to give blood before the fight and it weakened him. He didnít fail anything and it was a test he didnít know was coming, it just weakened him. So he goes out the next fight and destroys Morales and Floyd is seen in the audience jumping up and down. Fact. So just maybe he knew. Food for thought or am I still being stubborn?

Next you bring up all of these things Floyd agreed to. Letís break that down. Floyd reportedly agreed to 10million dollar per pound penalty for coming in above weight. Thatís true, but you guys fail to bring up two major things that brought that on. First off Floyd had just duped Juan Manuel Marquez. That gets so overlooked by all of these ass kissing writers and blindly loyal fans. He signed a contract to come in at 144lbs. He came in at 146. Guys like Jose Luis Castillo and Joan Guzman get called unprofessional for that. Two pounds is way too much to come over for a fight. I was at this weigh-in. Floyd didnít even attempt to sweat the pounds off and he owns a gym right there in Vegas for goodness sake. He just laughed it off and paid Marquez 300k per pound.

What was Marquez to do, not fight? I donít think so. Floyd knew that and thatís why he did what he did. This just gets dismissed as Floyd would have beaten Marquez anyway. So what! Thatís not the point. Contracts are contracts. Also you failed to mention that Floyd wanted his fight against Pacquiao to be at 154, junior middleweight. Team Mayweather outsmarted Team Pacquiao. They gave the impression they were struggling to make 147 which was not true. So therefore Team Pacquiao did not want to risk Floyd coming into the fight ďheavyĒ. They had good cause to believe that considering what he did to Marquez and what the negotiations were. So they asked for 10 mill/Lb penalty. Let me ask you considering Floyd paid Marquez 300k/lb what amount is reasonable? In my opinion it has to be something that Floyd wonít laugh at and just pay.

And for the record, Manny agreed to the drug testing. Just not up until the day of the fight. Funny thing is USADA stopped taking blood over two weeks out before the Mayweather-Mosley fight and we donít have any details of the Mayweather-Ortiz testing. My fighter gave blood for commission testing then he sparred and looked like complete sh*t. Maybe it was a coincidence but I wonít let him do it again. A week cut off and a test right after the fight to insure no one was on anything in the ring is a fair compromise. By the way Floyd was flipping out at the negotiations over a 14 day cut off. Manny ups it 7 days in later negotiations and thatís still not good enough.

Two unbiased, independent parties have taken Mannyís side in this situation. Keith Kizer the head of the NSAC and Ross Greenburg the ex-president of HBO Sports. Greenburg was quoted saying, he doesnít understand why Mayweather didnít make the fight. This is coming from a man who headed HBO, and letís remember Arum took some big fights to Showtime. Keith Kizer has been quoted saying he is not going to change the rules to single out and target ONE fighter. He also said that Mayweather has not petitioned the commission for blood testing.

Now Arum has said openly that if the commission implements blood testing then they will abide. Floyd could conceivably box Manny in with that statement. He would have a great case. Mayweather has privy to the most powerful lawyers in sports. Why wouldnít he petition the commission? I say because he was not ready to fight that little animal from the Phillipines.

Floyd was very kind to Oscar De La Hoya before their fight was signed. He said all of the right things because he really wanted the fight. So we know, he knows how to act to get a fight. Now with Manny he makes Asian jokes, he pretty much tells everybody that Manny is a cheater, he goes on internet rants, he takes off for years at a time and he denies negotiations. This to me tells me that this man does not want to fight.

Here is an analogy. Boxing is in large part mental. If Floyd is not comfortable fighting a PED freak why should Manny help him relieve his trepidations? It would be smart to let Floyd keep believing that. Maybe Floyd will start slower because heís afraid of this so called incredible stamina. Maybe he wonít engage because of this so called incredible power. Whatever the case maybe if I were Manny I wouldnít help him be more comfortable fighting me. Only an idiot or fighter with no leverage would do that.

Andre Ward and Carl Froch both want blood testing. That doesnít seem to be something that will happen for their fight. But the fight is still getting made. I think Manny agreeing to a 7 day cut off and blood testing immediately after the fight is more than enough. I hope you let all of your friends read my response. Donít twist my words, just research everything I said and come to a fair conclusion. My conclusion is Floyd Mayweather is not comfortable fighting Manny Pacquiao and this blood testing is just an excuse to buy time and thatís exactly what he did. So fae, he has bought three years.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Stephen "Breadman" Edwards speaks the truth on the Pacquiao/Mayweather situation.

From a fighters point of view, beating someone supposedly so destructive is a drug fighters yearn for.

People on the outside looking in such as your faggot ass, ****ing Steve Edwards, myself and others, we could never imagine what its like to fight.

You can talk about Floyds dads thoughts, bring up Steves opinion, but nothing has changed. Oh, a ****ing few Pacquiao trolls will be here to say, Praise the lord, Steve speaks the truth!
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Everything on this subject has already been said 1000 times, its time we let go, boxing is more than 2 guys.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
praetorianJJ
Conqueror of Worlds
ESB Addict

vCash: 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
Everything on this subject has already been said 1000 times, its time we let go, boxing is more than 2 guys.
praetorianJJ is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

I agree with what this guy says. Didnt read what he said, but **** Mayweather.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

This should be stickied.

Last edited by Gander Tasco; 10-10-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

vCash: 1625

damn.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

1 by 1 these ****ing Pacquiao trolls troll into each others threads like this, yeah Steve, yeah Steve! Boyaaaaa! Wish I had all of you clowns in a vacant building that's about to be leveled, and I can push the button so that the dynamite explodes. No more trolling!
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
thesmokingm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipdatass View Post
1 by 1 these ****ing Pacquiao trolls troll into each others threads like this, yeah Steve, yeah Steve! Boyaaaaa! Wish I had all of you clowns in a vacant building that's about to be leveled, and I can push the button so that the dynamite explodes. No more trolling!
That's rich coming from the troll.
thesmokingm is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipdatass View Post
Its not trolling if its the truth!

You mad?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #12
Phanekim
Contender
ESB Senior Member

a fight we'll never see. what a shock.
Phanekim is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #13
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by osreyes77 View Post

Breadman on the testing issue:

Manny is the only active fighter that can generate the money Floyd can. He is the only other PPV star that is guaranteed to do over 1 million PPV buys everytime he fights. He is the only other fighter that is considered a worldwide icon. He is the only one that is equal to Floyd in star power. Do you notice that Floyd takes about 80% of the guaranteed pot, against his opponents? Against Manny, he would pretty much split everything. I wonít argue over a % point here or there. Do you really think Oscar De La Hoya would submit to these tests [which are above what is required by law]? Manny has leverage that no one else currently has. What other fighter can make $25M not fighting Floyd? So that kills that statement. Manny is not everybody else.

Here is where Iím going to shake you up. I was a Mayweather fan before I knew who Manny PAcquiao was. I wish Floyd was more in the right, but heís not. When you ask how would Floyd know Manny would refuse his blood test? You are ignorant to the all of the details. I donít mean that as an insult, but you clearly donít know or failed to mention pertinent events that occurred.
First off about 7 years ago Shelly Finkel went to the NSAC and tried to get an eye exam waived when he was managing Manny. Manny found the exam too intrusive, allegedly they really wanted to go into his eye and he didnít feel comfortable getting it done. This happened way before anybody accused him of being a drug user. Floyd Mayweather also bet BIG money on Manny Pacquiao to beat Erik Morales in their second fight, which Pacquiao won. Now we can both agree Floyd is a student of the game. Why would Floyd bet on a guy who just lost to the fighter he was rematching? Well Manny had 2 excuses. One was he wore WINNING brand gloves and they felt like pillows. Look at the first fight and you will see this. Two, he had to give blood before the fight and it weakened him. He didnít fail anything and it was a test he didnít know was coming, it just weakened him. So he goes out the next fight and destroys Morales and Floyd is seen in the audience jumping up and down. Fact. So just maybe he knew. Food for thought or am I still being stubborn?

Next you bring up all of these things Floyd agreed to. Letís break that down. Floyd reportedly agreed to 10million dollar per pound penalty for coming in above weight. Thatís true, but you guys fail to bring up two major things that brought that on. First off Floyd had just duped Juan Manuel Marquez. That gets so overlooked by all of these ass kissing writers and blindly loyal fans. He signed a contract to come in at 144lbs. He came in at 146. Guys like Jose Luis Castillo and Joan Guzman get called unprofessional for that. Two pounds is way too much to come over for a fight. I was at this weigh-in. Floyd didnít even attempt to sweat the pounds off and he owns a gym right there in Vegas for goodness sake. He just laughed it off and paid Marquez 300k per pound.

What was Marquez to do, not fight? I donít think so. Floyd knew that and thatís why he did what he did. This just gets dismissed as Floyd would have beaten Marquez anyway. So what! Thatís not the point. Contracts are contracts. Also you failed to mention that Floyd wanted his fight against Pacquiao to be at 154, junior middleweight. Team Mayweather outsmarted Team Pacquiao. They gave the impression they were struggling to make 147 which was not true. So therefore Team Pacquiao did not want to risk Floyd coming into the fight ďheavyĒ. They had good cause to believe that considering what he did to Marquez and what the negotiations were. So they asked for 10 mill/Lb penalty. Let me ask you considering Floyd paid Marquez 300k/lb what amount is reasonable? In my opinion it has to be something that Floyd wonít laugh at and just pay.

And for the record, Manny agreed to the drug testing. Just not up until the day of the fight. Funny thing is USADA stopped taking blood over two weeks out before the Mayweather-Mosley fight and we donít have any details of the Mayweather-Ortiz testing. My fighter gave blood for commission testing then he sparred and looked like complete sh*t. Maybe it was a coincidence but I wonít let him do it again. A week cut off and a test right after the fight to insure no one was on anything in the ring is a fair compromise. By the way Floyd was flipping out at the negotiations over a 14 day cut off. Manny ups it 7 days in later negotiations and thatís still not good enough.

Two unbiased, independent parties have taken Mannyís side in this situation. Keith Kizer the head of the NSAC and Ross Greenburg the ex-president of HBO Sports. Greenburg was quoted saying, he doesnít understand why Mayweather didnít make the fight. This is coming from a man who headed HBO, and letís remember Arum took some big fights to Showtime. Keith Kizer has been quoted saying he is not going to change the rules to single out and target ONE fighter. He also said that Mayweather has not petitioned the commission for blood testing.

Now Arum has said openly that if the commission implements blood testing then they will abide. Floyd could conceivably box Manny in with that statement. He would have a great case. Mayweather has privy to the most powerful lawyers in sports. Why wouldnít he petition the commission? I say because he was not ready to fight that little animal from the Phillipines.

Floyd was very kind to Oscar De La Hoya before their fight was signed. He said all of the right things because he really wanted the fight. So we know, he knows how to act to get a fight. Now with Manny he makes Asian jokes, he pretty much tells everybody that Manny is a cheater, he goes on internet rants, he takes off for years at a time and he denies negotiations. This to me tells me that this man does not want to fight.

Here is an analogy. Boxing is in large part mental. If Floyd is not comfortable fighting a PED freak why should Manny help him relieve his trepidations? It would be smart to let Floyd keep believing that. Maybe Floyd will start slower because heís afraid of this so called incredible stamina. Maybe he wonít engage because of this so called incredible power. Whatever the case maybe if I were Manny I wouldnít help him be more comfortable fighting me. Only an idiot or fighter with no leverage would do that.

Andre Ward and Carl Froch both want blood testing. That doesnít seem to be something that will happen for their fight. But the fight is still getting made. I think Manny agreeing to a 7 day cut off and blood testing immediately after the fight is more than enough. I hope you let all of your friends read my response. Donít twist my words, just research everything I said and come to a fair conclusion. My conclusion is Floyd Mayweather is not comfortable fighting Manny Pacquiao and this blood testing is just an excuse to buy time and thatís exactly what he did. So fae, he has bought three years.
you can have floyd on tape acknowledge he isnt interested in fighting pac and his legion of thug fans will say someone used digital effects to splice the video and it wasnt him...they want to believe their hero that is so tough wouldnt hide behind a ****ing extra set of tests.. why wouldnt floyd just say, shoot up all the roids you want, i want to kick your ass one way or the other..i will fight you on em or off..dont matter, bring it...detroit ****ing bad ass....but , hes gonna hide like a little girl
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #14
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 3571

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #15
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum