Barrera by decision 9 52.94%
Barrera by knockout 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #16
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 215
Default Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs. Eusebio Pedroza at 126...Who Wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
R.I.P. Brooklyn

On the fight, I could see the 'unconventional' tactics of Pedroza getting to Barrera as the fight progresses, I could also see the fight becoming a pure boxing match, where it's difficult to say who would win, at their best both men have great jabs, one is a heavy and consistent weapon, the other is a spear headed point scorer. I'm thinking that Pedrozas jab sets the pace and the tone for his elbows and roughing up, which demoralises Barrera, but the thing is that to truly demoralise Barrera and win the fight you usually need to be hurting him with your power, and I don't think that is coming ti fruition here, Barrera comes on in the second half of the fight and unloads with his heavy barrages of hooks, uppercuts and straight rights, which makes it ever so close on the cards. I lean towards Barrera.
I think it plays like this...very close. I think Barrera closes stronger and pushes the fight in the later stages, carrying the rounds.
dpw417 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #17
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw417 View Post
I think it plays like this...very close. I think Barrera closes stronger and pushes the fight in the later stages, carrying the rounds.
Pedroza was known for accelerating in the later stages of his fights. It's one of the reasons why I think he's one of the few featherweights capable of beating Sanchez in fantasy match-ups.

If MAB were to win this, it would be due to the fact that he was able to bank enough early rounds to withstand the late charge.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #18
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
Pedroza was known for accelerating in the later stages of his fights. It's one of the reasons why I think he's one of the few featherweights capable of beating Sanchez in fantasy match-ups.

If MAB were to win this, it would be due to the fact that he was able to bank enough early rounds to withstand the late charge.
the thing is though, when Pedroza goes at it late, he's not going to be hurting Barrera in any way that is going to end the fight, and Barrera doesn't have stamina issues in scenarios like that, he's perfectly fine going at it late as he showed many times with Morales etc. If a war ensues in the later stages I would bet on Barrera getting the better of it, I still see it how I initially said myself. Battle of jabs early, Pedroza the better technical man getting the better of it albeit in a close nature. Heavy artillery attle later on, Barrera taking it.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #19
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post

True points. That was how Pedroza fought...I just see the Barrera and Pedroza fight looking somewhat similar to the Olivares fight, but with Barrera being much sharper than Olivares was at that time. It was a shame Sanchez and Pedroza never fought...I would lean towards Sanchez (slightly) to take it.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #20
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

Quote:
True points. That was how Pedroza fought...I just see the Barrera and Pedroza fight looking somewhat similar to the Olivares fight, but with Barrera being much sharper than Olivares was at that time. It was a shame Sanchez and Pedroza never fought...I would lean towards Sanchez (slightly) to take it.
I would take Sanchez too, Sanchez was one of the finest featherweights ever h2h for me
teeto is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #21
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
I would take Sanchez too, Sanchez was one of the finest featherweights ever h2h for me
Yep...for me too.
Such a sharp counter puncher in exchanges. He'd beat Barrera, Morales, and Marquez IMO.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #22
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yep...for me too.
Such a sharp counter puncher in exchanges. He'd beat Barrera, Morales, and Marquez IMO.
So would Azumah.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #23
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yep...for me too.
I agree.
Clinton is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum