Old 10-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #391
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will be at Wild Card today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
In Sparring, what shots did it look like he was landing the most? Was he coming forward and circling laterally as usual, or was there more counter-punching? What are his sparring partners like? Do they seem to be following any particular pattern for Pacquiao to work against? Are there any specific mitt drills that come to mind that may point to strategy?

EDIT: Also, I'd like a PM link of whatever you're letting everyone else in on, if you please.
Scrolled back 'n found your post, B

There wasn't any shot -- from any angle -- Pac wasn't landing. Pac held-off several times while both sparring partners hadta take breathers from head 'n body shots. His sparring partners weren't pliant heavy bags. They were solid, ernest, savvy 'n brought it every second.

Pac was doin' it all, attacking, countering, circling, fighting off 'n sliding off the ropes, 'n landing fusilades with laser precision.

Pac's mitt drills with Freddie are very different from the usual drill-team variety, throwing ear-splitting combos, by the numbers.

Freddie holds the pads next to his face, with just enough room for a punch ta get through, and crowds 'n cuts the ring off on Manny, forcing him ta think on his feet 'n let his hands...'n does he ever, like a rocket launcher.
john garfield is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #392
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
I think it's BS, M. Floyd wants ta change the ground rules. Pac's a champ, too. On principle (don't dictate ta me!), he should tell'em ta stick it.

Thats just the problem JG......

.....Pacquiao did'nt tell Mayweather to "stick it."

Instead Pacquiao put himself in a corner and invited the criticism he's been recieving from people like myself, by coming up with excuses like he did here in this interview.......
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCa1-X7ey5Y[/ame]

Had he told em' to stick it from the beggining like you've said, I dont think there be anywhere's near the ammount of people criticizing Pacquiao for not wanting Mayweather to dictate terms.

Did'nt happen though, Pacquiao painted the picture that made him look bad himself.

......and I'm sure John that you've seen the interview from the very beggining where Roach stated, "Manny will pass any test in the world.".....in reference to when we first learned Mayweather wanted to implement random blood and urine tests.
I wonder why Freddie did that?

You see JG, its not that simple. Pacquiao and his whole team handled Mayweather's demands like a bunch of rank amatuers and painted themselves with guilt every time they opened their mouth in those beggining stages of Mayweather trying to stipulate PED testing terms.
Those things just cant be ignored.
divac is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #393
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

divac don't ruin this thread with your tedious bullshit
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 02:23 AM   #394
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Thats just the problem JG......

.....Pacquiao did'nt tell Mayweather to "stick it."

Instead Pacquiao put himself in a corner and invited the the criticism he's been recieving from people like myself, by coming up with excuses like he did here in this interview.......
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Had he told em' to stick it from the beggining like you've said, I dont think there be anywhere's near the ammount of people criticizing Pacquiao for not wanting Mayweather to dictate terms.

Did'nt happen though, Pacquiao painted the picture that made him look bad himself.
Good point, d. Just a knee-jerk reaction on my part.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #395
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Good point, d. Just a knee-jerk reaction on my part.
I'll drop it JG.
I actually remember asking you your opinon of the way Pac and Roach were handling the situation back when it was happening in the very beggining of Mayweather's demands.
.....but you avoided giving your opinion of it, and seeing as to how close you are with that camp, I cant really blame you, so I'm just going to drop it as I certainly dont want to ruin your fine thread.

........hopefully the Pactards that will certainly follow to criticize me can drop it as well at least in this thread.
divac is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #396
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Scrolled back 'n found your post, B

There wasn't any shot -- from any angle -- Pac wasn't landing. Pac held-off several times while both sparring partners hadta take breathers from head 'n body shots. His sparring partners weren't pliant heavy bags. They were solid, ernest, savvy 'n brought it every second.

Pac was doin' it all, attacking, countering, circling, fighting off 'n sliding off the ropes, 'n landing fusilades with laser precision.

Pac's mitt drills with Freddie are very different from the usual drill-team variety, throwing ear-splitting combos, by the numbers.

Freddie holds the pads next to his face, with just enough room for a punch ta get through, and crowds 'n cuts the ring off on Manny, forcing him ta think on his feet 'n let his hands...'n does he ever, like a rocket launcher.
I'd expect nothing less from him. His style has always been herky-jerky but quite fluid at the same time.

It seems they're focusing on combinations a lot more now; overwhelming Marquez might be the strategy, or then again, it could just be Pac practicing combos. I can see Freddie is imitating Marquez's guard, and preparing Pac for when Marquez possibly comes forward.

Any chance you might head over to the Romanza gym anytime in the next 6 weeks?
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #397
TorrecampoDBest

vCash: 500

Aks y skared of reel Pilipine man Rustico Torrecampo.
TorrecampoDBest is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #398
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I'd expect nothing less from him. His style has always been herky-jerky but quite fluid at the same time.

It seems they're focusing on combinations a lot more now; overwhelming Marquez might be the strategy, or then again, it could just be Pac practicing combos. I can see Freddie is imitating Marquez's guard, and preparing Pac for when Marquez possibly comes forward.

Any chance you might head over to the Romanza gym anytime in the next 6 weeks?
Would loveta watch JMM train, B, but would need a Sherpa ta get there.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #399
port64 jr
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

john, is the blog on manny's training up yet or u got more days ahead in his camp before its finished?
port64 jr is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #400
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by port64 jr View Post
john, is the blog on manny's training up yet or u got more days ahead in his camp before its finished?
Will add more observations while Pac puts the finishing touches on his WC training, as well as cover the week-long pre-fight buildup in Vegas and the entire card.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #401
DLSC
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 853

Love reading your posts and updates, JG. Keep it coming......and thanks by the way.
DLSC is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #402
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

Quote:
Will add more observations while Pac puts the finishing touches on his WC training, as well as cover the week-long pre-fight buildup in Vegas and the entire card.
just to let you know JG, i posted your elevator experience with pac and jmm on another thread.

dodong is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #403
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
just to let you know JG, i posted your elevator experience with pac and jmm on another thread.

Funny, dd, jus' remembered that the other day. All these tough guys like grade-schoolers, not givin' an inch.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #404
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

bump
Old 10-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #405
sunnn
Belt holder