Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 277
Default Is Khan a big puncher?

At what level would you rate Amir Khans power?

World Class..............>....................Feather fisted?
196osh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 196osh
At what level would you rate Amir Khans power?

World Class..............>....................Feather fisted?
Amir himself has stated that nobody can take his power. Scott Lawton also said he punches hard.

Can't argue with that.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

I don't Diaz, Katsidis or anyone else at Lightweight punches as hard as Khan, they could not of beaten Earl in 1 minute. He is a huge puncher!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
He is a huge puncher!
He has not actually KOd anybody yet. Fast flurries resulting in TKOs against moderate to poor opposition. If he was a big puncher, then most of his victims would have been poleaxed by one shot.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 277
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
He has not actually KOd anybody yet. Fast flurries resulting in TKOs against moderate to poor opposition. If he was a big puncher, then most of his victims would have been poleaxed by one shot.
He had most of the badly hurt. Did he not?
196osh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
Posts: 10,722
vCash: 300
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Khan makes the opponent focus too much on his speed that before they know it he puts himself into a perfect place to land quality solid punches that they dont see coming.. That is great knockout power.. I say he is a puncher with the unique ability to lul his opposotion to where he exactly needs them.. He is like a Pugilistic hypnotost... Yes .. Amir is a great powerful puncher proven so far to European level and i am guessing top ten world level...

I say a match with the useful Edner Cherry is a natural match..

It would be a great first US appearence...
Bigcat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 196osh
He had most of the badly hurt. Did he not?
He had some of them going, but not many were that badly hurt. He is a very sharp puncher, and a good finisher, but I would not say he had proper KO power.
At domestic level he needs to be starching guys with one shot if he wants a reputation as a puncher.
As it stands, none of his opponents have failed to beat the count.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #8
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat
Khan makes the opponent focus too much on his speed that before they know it he puts himself into a perfect place to land quality solid punches that they dont see coming.. That is great knockout power.. I say he is a puncher with the unique ability to lul his opposotion to where he exactly needs them.. He is like a Pugilistic hypnotost... Yes .. Amir is a great powerful puncher proven so far to European level and i am guessing top ten world level...

I say a match with the useful Edner Cherry is a natural match..

It would be a great first US appearence...
Edner would take him into the trenches but i think Khan should still have too much class for him.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #9
Ubersteve
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 888
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

I don't think he has the one punch power that someone like Naz had, but in terms of multiple hard blows landing in quick succession, he's insanse. Rare for guys to be able to put combo's like that together where it looks like every punch is really hurting.
Ubersteve is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #10
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubersteve
I don't think he has the one punch power that someone like Naz had, but in terms of multiple hard blows landing in quick succession, he's insanse. Rare for guys to be able to put combo's like that together where it looks like every punch is really hurting.
That may be true, but I think we need to see it against a real opponent to mean anything. Edner Cherry, as already suggested would be ideal, but let's be honest, it's not Khan's power that will decide his destiny, it will be his chin.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #11
Ubersteve
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 888
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Maybe, we'll see how that goes, he never really looked like getting hit against Earl and his movement is impressive, so I'm personally hoping he just won't get hit much. Good to see him keep his hands higher.
Ubersteve is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #12
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Khan knocked that french geezer out clean!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:13 PM   #13
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvickfan
Amir khans go loads of power.. look how long katsidis took to finish earl off, and he was standing there giving it 150% for 5 rounds, khan just turns up and lands a couple of flimsy left hooks and Earl is on the floor trying to hang on for dear life

khan has loads of power i think hes gonna be smashing in all the mexicans sooner or later and getting the big superfights... as the man to beat
I really can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not...
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #14
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
Khan knocked that french geezer out clean!
Did he? If he did then that confirms it, he is a one punch KO artist.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #15
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 277
Default Re: Is Khan a big puncher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
Did he? If he did then that confirms it, he is a one punch KO artist.


So would you describe yourself as a hater?
196osh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013