Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Who and what next for Amir Khan?

Khan will be back in action on February 2nd in London.

According to articles on FWTV his victory over Earl may allow Khan to by-pass Thaxton completely. Interesting as British Champion Thaxton is the mandatory for Khan's Commonwealth Title.

****** is quoted as saying he'd be quite happy about Khan fighting for a European Title so perhaps it could be Romanov next?
elle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Who and what next for Amir Khan?

Khan would destroy Thaxton, Murray, McAlister and Romanov. Hes to quick as to string for any european L/W!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
rooq
East Side Guru

i'd definitely prefer khan to face thaxton first. just to leave no doubt about who is domestic number 1 at lightweight.

****** says in that article on his site "Sometimes I have a bad week and I feel like packing it all in and retiring, but when you see something like that it gives you a tremendous buzz, it's great being involved with such a brilliant talent like Amir."

pack it in....please...
rooq is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
Maza1987
Illin' since '87
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3356

****** says he ready for europe.
i think it will be some bum in february

then thaxton mid next year,
then ramanov mid-late next year.

that would be the perfect progresion.

well done amir, your getting way to good for the domestic scene
Maza1987 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
i'd definitely prefer khan to face thaxton first. just to leave no doubt about who is domestic number 1 at lightweight.

****** says in that article on his site "Sometimes I have a bad week and I feel like packing it all in and retiring, but when you see something like that it gives you a tremendous buzz, it's great being involved with such a brilliant talent like Amir."

pack it in....please...

I also expect Khan to fight Thaxton next if he is to clean up domestically.

****** also quoted as saying "Khan is Britain's answer to Sugar Ray Leonard"!
elle is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
BLaZeD
"GoLDeN BoY"

world title please?
BLaZeD is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #7
w4s1m
Journeyman

i would like to see amir take on Romanov as i think he would be too good for the like thaxton
w4s1m is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #8
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heihaci
Thaxton would be a waste of time and it would be another very quick fight
I would like to see Khan fight Yuri Romanov too !!
Although Khan v Thaxton may not appeal to some as a spectacle surely the chance for Khan to capture the British Title wouldn't be a waste of time?
elle is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #9
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
****** also quoted as saying "Khan is Britain's answer to Sugar Ray Leonard"!
He sure is. Earl was at the peak of his game and provided a really good test. Scott Lawton was a tasty fighter too.
I like the way he takes on live opponents, guys who want to win, and can bang. He seems to have an iron chin too. The only time he has ever been in serious trouble was against Limond, but he is one of the fiercest punchers around.
Amir Khan is the best.

So is Enzo Macc.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #10
w4s1m
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
He sure is. Earl was at the peak of his game and provided a really good test. Scott Lawton was a tasty fighter too.
I like the way he takes on live opponents, guys who want to win, and can bang. He seems to have an iron chin too. The only time he has ever been in serious trouble was against Limond, but he is one of the fiercest punchers around.
Amir Khan is the best.

So is Enzo Macc.
i suppose u were probably one of those people that wanted Khan to fight earl , and when Khan dealt with himu cry out that Earl is shot
w4s1m is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #11
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

On the evidence of last night's fight I don't know how anyone could honestly come to the conclusion that Earl was not shot.

The Kastidis fight suggested that was the case and last night confirmed it for me.

I hope Earl retires before he comes to some harm in the ring.
elle is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #12
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4s1m
i suppose u were probably one of those people that wanted Khan to fight earl , and when Khan dealt with himu cry out that Earl is shot
Not at all. Anybody who saw Earl get beaten by Katsidis would know that Earl should have retired after that fight. It was no secret that he was shot to the point of being punch drunk.
All Khan did was confirm just how little Earl had left. We learned nothing about Khan. Amir learned nothing himself either. It was always going to be a pointless fight.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #13
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

If anyone watched the complete show from MGM last night , you may have seen Wes Ferguson get knocked out for his second loss to Edner Cherry.. Edner did lose to Malignaggi last year but i see a fight with Khan in the next eight months would be a great move.. Maybee in Khans first proper exposure to a live audience in the States.. Cherry is good enough to stay in the fight , but is within Khans reach in real terms.. A solid win over an Edner Cherry that side of the pond would be just the best kind of message for every lightweight to sit up and take note...

Last edited by uGURU; 10-30-2006 at 06:45 AM.
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #14
SevenSamurai
3 year ESB vet.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Khan has proven by the performances in his last two fights that technically he is ready now to step it up. I would like to see him face Thaxton next, purely to clean up the domestic scene.

Based on his performance against Thaxton. I think that ****** should decide who to match him with after that. I dont think that Thaxton would cause him any problems, the test will be to see how good Khan really is and whether he still lets the amateurish errors creep back into his style and form. He cannot really prove this by blowing away a shot fighter whose punch resistance has competely gone, in 72 seconds.
SevenSamurai is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 03:42 PM   #15
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heihaci
yeah true but if Khan beats Thaxton he won't get any credibility and ppl wil claim he is shot.

Maybe if Murray fisght Thaxton and beats him then it could be Khan vs Murray instead for the british title!!
I tend to disagree about Khan not getting any credibility if he fought and beat Thaxton.

I think he would - Thaxton is a known puncher and people couldn't really claim he was shot in the same way as Earl who was coming off the back of a devastating loss to Katsidis and hadn't fought in nearly a year.

Its not just credibility he would be rewarded with if he were to beat Thaxton - its the British Title and we might even get some questions answered about his chin which can only be for the good if it is tested and he comes through unscathed.
elle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum