Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #31
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: i scored that to bellew

People saying I said that I lost?? I never said I lost once, I just sat there and felt like I'd failed, I'm not a sore loser and I'm a man, I stated I felt I landed the hurtful shots and eye catching ones but said I think he threw more, that's what I said at ringside, since I've watched it back 3 times, I have Bo doubt why so ever that I won 6 rounds, I pressed and took centre ring, he's the champion so I wasn't expecting any favors but I really and honestly don't believe I lost that fight last night..

Hope that clears the comments up of people saying that I thought I lost

I'm off for a bit now guys, need to forget about boxing for a few days, thank you so much for your support though, it is appreciated it really is
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #32
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

I think if Bellew spent more time on the jab, fighting the fight that seemed to be working best, he probably would of won that.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #33
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Sometimes I wonder whether our judges are influenced by pre-fight expectations in a fight like this. There was no reason to obviously favor either since they're both under ****** and neither is an obvious cash cow, infact this being in Liverpool said a lot. So to score that by 5 rounds to Cleverley makes me wonder whether they just score it over their cornflakes in the morning since Cleverley is supposed to win. Then just have the blinkers on throughout the fight.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #34
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

For me Parris is wind up merchant he scores fights blatantly wrong it's more and more blatant...
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #35
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I thought it was a draw. My brother was at the fight live though, and he and all his mates thought Bellew won. I wouldn't complain no matter what the result was though. It was a very even fight.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #36
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

How could Bellew not have won 6 rounds last night by the way? He could very legitimately have been 4-0 up after 4, the first was very tight. I know everyone gave it to Clev but honestly I feel that could have been a Bellew round too. The next 3 were absolutely clear. To say he didn't win 2 or 3 rounds more after that is clear bull.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #37
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

A lot of people under estimated Bellew, thought Cleverly would outclass him, but he showed he is at world level. I had it a draw and think I was in agreeance with most of Enzo's scoring. A couple of the mid rounds that were very close I gave to Cleverly, so for me that fight could have went either way.

I was hoping that it would be Bellew because I had money on him but it was such a great fight, and although I have never really been impressed by Cleverly, his performance last night won me over and he showed big balls to fight a dangerous fighter like Bellew on his home turf.

Dave Parris was a disgrace again last night, but we all expect that from him at this stage.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #38
dannylatics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3167

Takes a man to come on here after last night Tony

Enjoy your time off, you deserve it
dannylatics is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #39
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Tony, how tough was it to make the weight for this fight?

I thought you slowed down in the second half of the fight and if you have have continued the way you started you would have won that by a very clear margin. I felt your work rate in the last half of the fight and lack of jabbing and boxing (like you did in the first 6 rounds) let Cleverly come back into it, rather than Cleverly doing anything better.

Just wondered if making the weight for this fight took too much out of you, and affected your fitness in the latter rounds?
gasman is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #40
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Tony, how tough was it to make the weight for this fight?

I thought you slowed down in the second half of the fight and if you have have continued the way you started you would have won that by a very clear margin. I felt your work rate in the last half of the fight and lack of jabbing and boxing (like you did in the first 6 rounds) let Cleverly come back into it, rather than Cleverly doing anything better.

Just wondered if making the weight for this fight took too much out of you, and affected your fitness in the latter rounds?
No disrespect to Bellew, but it looked like he missed quite a few punches aswell, doesn't help going into the later stages.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #41
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 84

I thought that Cleverly was going to win easily and stop Bellew, but I take my hat off to Tony. I was completely wrong. Tony fought a great fight.
I dont know now if I think Tonys alot better than I thought or if Cleverlys not as good as I thought, but im tending to think Bellew is alot better than I gave him credit for.
For the record I scored the fight a draw, and those high scores for Cleverly were well off in my opinion.
Well done Bellew
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #42
vegasjim
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Thumbs up Re: i scored that to bellew

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
you know what, I scored it for Bellew or I think maybe a draw, but it's weird, I think Cleverley regardless, which sounds stupid, but what I mean is I reckon if I watch it again I'd score it for Cleverley, and I he is the better fighter. Tony Bellew is the epitome of a fighter though and I want to give him credit on his effort, which was tremendous, he didn't let one of us down. Unlucky my friend.
no way is cleverley the better fighter,when both boxers were fresh bellew gave cleverley a boxing lesson,a few more top class fights and bellew beats him very easy
vegasjim is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #43
ikeabuchia
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Congratulation to Bellew I had him up by 1 point and I watched the fight numerous times, even the first time I watched live I had him up. but didnt want my emotions to take over and watched it again next morning.
Bellew in my eyes is the Champion. out jabbed Cleverly and Better boxing skill cleverly has a high work rate thats all, If he rematches Bellew I got Tony stopping him around 7 rounds. No one believed me when I posted and said Bellew is world class fighter. I am old school. and know talent when it comes around. I see Bellew on the top echelons in the light heavyweight division if you dont believe me watch!!
ikeabuchia is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #44
happylora
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1620

I expected Clev to outbox Bellew.

But I scored it 115-114 for Bellew he was good all round, huge improvement over past year. Tricky to score at least it has not gone in the books as a UD.
happylora is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #45
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Anything from 115-113 Bellew to 116-113 Clev is cool with me.

I had it 7-5 Clev.
Grant1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum