Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #46
trampie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: i scored that to bellew

When i sit down to score a fight, i score even rounds, all judges should do this imo to get a more accurate score but because i sat down just in time for the off i merely scored it in my head one round this way and one round the other way, i had it if i remember Cleverly winning rounds 1,3,5,7,8,10,11 and 12 and Bellow winning 2,4,6 and 9.

The commentators were wrongly scoring it too strongly for Bellow in the opening rounds, i know i disagreed with the commentators on round 3, basically it was fairly close until the last three rounds {all though i had Clev 5-4 up at that stage}, i thought Cleverly edged the last few rounds to make sure of the fight, i dont know what the 114-114 judge was watching, 116-113 and 117-112 far more like it, the boys in the studio also had Clev winning by a few rounds, Enzo Mac may have had it a draw because that donkey of a commentator was telling him oh i think Bellow nicked that round, when he clearly hadnt, the commentator gave me the impression that he had a bet on Bellow the way he kept talking Bellows chances up before the match and during the first half of the fight, Clev won going away in the end, a good win away from home fair play, there is still a good chance that Clev can become undisputed champ at the weight as he is still potentially very good.

Clev 8-4
trampie is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #47
Check_Hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by trampie View Post
When i sit down to score a fight, i score even rounds, all judges should do this imo to get a more accurate score but because i sat down just in time for the off i merely scored it in my head one round this way and one round the other way, i had it if i remember Cleverly winning rounds 1,3,5,7,8,10,11 and 12 and Bellow winning 2,4,6 and 9.

The commentators were wrongly scoring it too strongly for Bellow in the opening rounds, i know i disagreed with the commentators on round 3, basically it was fairly close until the last three rounds {all though i had Clev 5-4 up at that stage}, i thought Cleverly edged the last few rounds to make sure of the fight, i dont know what the 114-114 judge was watching, 116-113 and 117-112 far more like it, the boys in the studio also had Clev winning by a few rounds, Enzo Mac may have had it a draw because that donkey of a commentator was telling him oh i think Bellow nicked that round, when he clearly hadnt, the commentator gave me the impression that he had a bet on Bellow the way he kept talking Bellows chances up before the match and during the first half of the fight, Clev won going away in the end, a good win away from home fair play, there is still a good chance that Clev can become undisputed champ at the weight as he is still potentially very good.

Clev 8-4
NOT A CHANCE, Cleverly earned a draw at BEST!

Bellew 7-5
Check_Hook is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #48
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict

vCash: 756

Ive been that gutted for Tony that its took me all day to even come on here lads!......Just got the fight downloaded so I'm gonna have another look and score it again..............I personally had it to Bellew by 1 round, maybe my support of Tony possibly may have clouded my judgement, so I'm gonna make sure with a re-watch....First glance though there was a good few close round's, and even Enzo was calling the close ones to Tony on occasion and he is a Welshman also so......I think a different set of judge's may have scored it different and likewise another separate set of judges will have scored it different to the previous......I'm gonna watch again and come back to this thread in a while.

I have also lost a months avatar bet with Bryn!.......Inbox me Bryn mate with the url and ill put in on!
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 03:52 AM   #49
trampie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check_Hook View Post
NOT A CHANCE, Cleverly earned a draw at BEST!

Bellew 7-5
Put your round by round scores up Liverpool boy, some old English.
trampie is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 03:54 AM   #50
trampie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel2010 View Post
Ive been that gutted for Tony that its took me all day to even come on here lads!......Just got the fight downloaded so I'm gonna have another look and score it again..............I personally had it to Bellew by 1 round, maybe my support of Tony possibly may have clouded my judgement, so I'm gonna make sure with a re-watch....First glance though there was a good few close round's, and even Enzo was calling the close ones to Tony on occasion and he is a Welshman also so......I think a different set of judge's may have scored it different and likewise another separate set of judges will have scored it different to the previous......I'm gonna watch again and come back to this thread in a while.

I have also lost a months avatar bet with Bryn!.......Inbox me Bryn mate with the url and ill put in on!
Cleverly won the fight easily, you are making a fool of our people, talk about being in denial.
trampie is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 04:02 AM   #51
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I did say on here that if Bellew boxes rather than fights he'd fare much better

I said to a Scouser behind me in the arena after ten rounds that Cleverly needed to knock him out, and the Welsh lad beside me didn't disagree.

I had Tony winning 115-113....

1. Cleverly
2. Bellew
3. Bellew
4. Bellew
5. Cleverly
6. Cleverly
7. Bellew
8. Bellew
9. Bellew
10. Bellew
11. Cleverly
12. Cleverly

I'll have to watch the tape and check my score, but it seemed to me that Tony outboxed Nathan for most of the fight, the rounds he lost early were as a result of him getting drawn in a bit much, and later when he tired he was outhustled.

His jab and footwork confused Cleverly, who won the fight with his heart and engine. It's to his credit that he stepped on the gas in the late rounds to nick it, but for him to progress much further he needs to get rid of that utter nutcase in the corner and tighten a few things up.

Bellew stepped up about 10 levels in class and basically did a number on the guy, he can be very proud of his effort even in ''defeat''.

Not sure what the next year or so holds for him, if he can't get the rematch he might as well move up.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #52
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

I had tony two rounds up going into the last and thought he lost the last round, I think last night showed how limited cleverly is though
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 04:35 AM   #53
trampie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
I did say on here that if Bellew boxes rather than fights he'd fare much better

I said to a Scouser behind me in the arena after ten rounds that Cleverly needed to knock him out, and the Welsh lad beside me didn't disagree.

I had Tony winning 115-113....

1. Cleverly
2. Bellew
3. Bellew
4. Bellew
5. Cleverly
6. Cleverly
7. Bellew
8. Bellew
9. Bellew
10. Bellew
11. Cleverly
12. Cleverly

I'll have to watch the tape and check my score, but it seemed to me that Tony outboxed Nathan for most of the fight, the rounds he lost early were as a result of him getting drawn in a bit much, and later when he tired he was outhustled.

His jab and footwork confused Cleverly, who won the fight with his heart and engine. It's to his credit that he stepped on the gas in the late rounds to nick it, but for him to progress much further he needs to get rid of that utter nutcase in the corner and tighten a few things up.

Bellew stepped up about 10 levels in class and basically did a number on the guy, he can be very proud of his effort even in ''defeat''.

Not sure what the next year or so holds for him, if he can't get the rematch he might as well move up.
Clev won rounds 7 and 8, turns your scorecard right round doesnt it ?
Bellow slowed after round 6, infact i think Clev won 5 out of the last 6 rounds only having a rest in round 9.

Last edited by trampie; 10-17-2011 at 04:46 AM.
trampie is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 04:41 AM   #54
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It seemed to me in the arena that Bellew won those rounds, albeit they were pretty close.

It's a case of what you prefer, the back foot boxing or the come forward aggression, neither of which were particularly effective.

Might also be a case of Bellew having established the upper hand to a degree and Cleverly not really taking it away from him.

I'll watch it again tonight hopefully and review my score.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:45 AM   #55
trampie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It seemed to me in the arena that Bellew won those rounds, albeit they were pretty close.

It's a case of what you prefer, the back foot boxing or the come forward aggression, neither of which were particularly effective.

Might also be a case of Bellew having established the upper hand to a degree and Cleverly not really taking it away from him.

trampie is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 04:49 AM   #56
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:

We had the same view at the Arena and I had it by 2 to Tony Bellew. I watched it back on TV last night and have reviewed my score and Cleverley gets it by 1 Round...

A lot of the work I thought was getting through didn't and I observed more shots getting through and the intensity and accuracy of Clevsgoingtobobees work came through a lot more...

A credit to both men...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 04:51 AM   #57
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Did you catch the replay of DeGale?

I thought he was winning most of the rounds, even though he was being hit a lot with right hands.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:57 AM   #58
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Did you catch the replay of DeGale?

I thought he was winning most of the rounds, even though he was being hit a lot with right hands.
Yes mate. Watched it all last night. He more than did enough, there is too much hate for the Chunkster, he don't do himself any favours though.

I think his work is very laboured at times and he waits far to long to get his shots off... He needs to be more industrious with his work rate, it's not hard to see why Groves beat him the way he did...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 05:00 AM   #59
Flemo83
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 807

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundy View Post
I had tony two rounds up going into the last and thought he lost the last round, I think last night showed how limited cleverly is though
I had it exactly the same. I thought the coverage on box nation was very one sided though. After every round, even the ones Tony clearly won all they showed was highlights of cleverlys work. Did anyone else get onto that?
Flemo83 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 05:22 AM   #60
Bryn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2221

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel2010 View Post

I've not decided yet what I'm going to make you use as an avatar, but I'm working on it and will send something over later.

I'm feeling a fancy GIF ala the Wallet-Jpab avatar bet.
Bryn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum