Old 07-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #61
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd "Il Never look like Roy Jones"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
I dont know too much about it, but I have my suspicions. . . I'ts like when FMJ said he wanted to fight Hatton then ended up fighting Bruseles. . . . He said he went down the list of best possible fighters but he's full of shiit. He couldnt get the big money fight with Hattn and went straight downt to number 15 with Bruseles. RJJ did this kinda crap alot.

But all in all FMJ is a bigger dissapointment than RJJ was.
It was HBO confirming that THEY made offers and were turned down by Benn, Collins, and Liles. Not Jones.

And PBF fought Brussles as an eliminator. That was before Hatton even had a belt I believe.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2007, 08:31 PM   #62
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

And to the smart ass fake know it all Kg0208, its called what CLASS. "mixing it up" You know something Calzaghe does throws a lot of fast arm punches(toe to toe) and when you open up to try to answer he throws what CLASS a power punch which I consider a counter b/c the other guy does not see it. Mosley does the same thing.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #63
istmeno
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
It was HBO confirming that THEY made offers and were turned down by Benn, Collins, and Liles. Not Jones.

And PBF fought Brussles as an eliminator. That was before Hatton even had a belt I believe.
he fought the eliminator while already vivian harris' mandatory.
istmeno is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #64
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Who you calling and idiot with your clown ass
Old 07-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #65
Biggame
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Who was as fast as either fighter at there best weight? None for Roy, Camacho, Whitaker, Mosley, Taylor, etc for Floyd.

Who was as talented at there best weight? None for Roy, the above and Duran and a few others for Floyd.

Who was as gifted, You're ans will be no-one correct? None for ROy, the above for Floyd.

So right now Roy has the clear edge.

Techinically- Floyd

Fundamentally- Floyd

Generalship- EASILY Roy.

Chin- Floyd

Defense- Even

Based on this I can say that Floyd was more orthodox, that's it. Virgil Hill was more orthodox than RJJ, why did RJJ win that one? Hopkins was more orthodox, yet Roy won. So was Toney, yet Roy won.

Being more orthodox doesn't mean you're better, sometimes(in Roy's case) being unorthodox works VERY well.
I disagree w/you especially since now that you mentioned it who did RJJ have that outside of him was anything in his best weightclass? Mayweather at the same time had the above mentioned guys and I still pick him. Remember we're talking Prime for Prime here so basically you can class all of them together. Floyd comes from and is around a weightclass FULL of legends, and greats who possesed all those things,... Roy doesn't Basically you're saying that guys like Duran, and Whittaker didn't compare to Roy I said best weight, not fighters around that weight. We aren't trying to go into the realms of fighters past were talking two guys at there best!

Now on to what you're trying to state as far Hopkins, Toney, and Hill being orthodox along w/Floyd. Did any of them have the speed to keep up w/Roy, as talented as Roy, or gifted. We can't compare their oposition and try and twist it. We're talking Prime for Prime, and that's why you bringing in guys like Pea, Camacho, and Taylor don't make since. All them can be bunched when it comes to talent and speed, and all those things. They were all a cut above everyone else in there days, but those little guys had more opposition that had similar speed, and ability. Roy didn't have those type of opponents day in and day out. If a guy around his weightclass was even above slow or mediocore w/his hands he was considered fast. I'm not using that, I'm taking them for what they have. I can say Roy has been in three tough fights, and he lost them all! I can say Hopkins though 22 fights in was still green, and was never given a rematch. We all know the Toney story and he was never given a rematch. Is any of that relevant?

You just made a mute point, You give Roy the advantage when it comes to Ring Generalship you hve to be kidding and you really blew when you said that they were even in the defense department You tried to twist it by bringing in Duran and Mosely and Pea(guys around his weightclass) to help out your point...nice try...they're all comparable so you can't throw me off. The comp part doesn't work either

You have you opinion, and I have mine. I respect yours, but I also respectfully disagree! I think Floyd is the better overall fighter w/more of a total package. When comparing Prime for Prime, you have to compare them P4P also because they're weightclasses apart. I give it to Floyd!!
Biggame is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #66
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
And to the smart ass fake know it all Kg0208, its called what CLASS. "mixing it up" You know something Calzaghe does throws a lot of fast arm punches(toe to toe) and when you open up to try to answer he throws what CLASS a power punch which I consider a counter b/c the other guy does not see it. Mosley does the same thing.
Hey....another alias who hates me!

Cuz I think your wrong, I am a know it all. Good to see I rub stupid people the wrong way.

Calzaghe is a pressure fighter. He is not a power puncher and his fights are generally stopped now because of the beatings and accumiliation. Calzaghe doesn't throw any CLASS power punches. Very rare. You only don't see Mosley's punches cuz of his speed. He is far more than a counter puncher.

Mosley catches people coming in, going out, and in their face. He threw HARD combos, not arm punches. If you're too busy trying to wax PBF's balls to see that, sounds like a personal problem.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #67
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by istmeno
he fought the eliminator while already vivian harris' mandatory.
Yes, but you said Hatton lol.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #68
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Floyd was going after tysu, and that was almost a done deal but tsyu chose to fight Hatton. There was no duck dodging by anybody. Floyd fought Gatti. It was out of Harris or Gatti. Who do you think he would choose. 4mill vs about 1-2 maybe.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #69
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I just think there were probably better fighters in between that they could have made offers to between Benn Collins etc and many of the bums he ended up fighting.

He should have gone after Tszu then. . . and instead of fighting Sharmba in front of 2500 snoozing fans he had other, better fighters available and made no offers to them.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #70
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Floyd's resume to this point, does not come close to matching Roy's.

Roy has faced better opposition and disposed of them in much more convincing fashion.

In purely orthodox terms, Floyd would have an edge, but when you factor in Roy's superior athleticism, and the fact that he was not only faster ,p4p, but also faster in absolute terms, together with his skill superiority, I rank Roy as the better boxer, fighter and sportsman.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #71
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fraud will always choose the path of least resistance. . . just ask Margarito.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #72
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
I just think there were probably better fighters in between that they could have made offers to between Benn Collins etc and many of the bums he ended up fighting.

He should have gone after Tszu then. . . and instead of fighting Sharmba in front of 2500 snoozing fans he had other, better fighters available and made no offers to them.
We don't know who he made offers to. You believe he didn't make offers.

There were not many great SMW for Jones to fight. It's why he moved to LHW.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There is the link.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #73
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M83PNYIpmKc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M83PNYIpmKc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Proof that Mosley has no speed in his power punches and only his arm punches. Period. He is one punch at a time with his power shots.lol idiots

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 07-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #74
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by drillmatic
LOL why? Roy hadn't fought ANY great fighters since tony or hopkins. THEN he fought Tarver and won a MILD decision. AND GOT OWNED IN BOTH REMATCHES. lost to glen johnson.

PBF has fought great fighters such as DLH castillo, corrales, judah.....and completely owned them. Not to mention he can still fight for years to come because of his defensive abilities.
Yah, Hill...the future HOF isn't a great fighter. Neither was Griffin, even though he had just beat Toney 2 times and was unbeaten and a top 3 LHW.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #75
istmeno
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, but you said Hatton lol.
not me.
istmeno is offline  Top