Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-04-2007, 07:20 AM   #106
champ007

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd "Il Never look like Roy Jones"

Floyd only said that because Roy just did an interview saying Floyd didn't have any explosions in the Hoya fight, like he promised. Floyd is sensitive.lol
champ007 is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #107
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

vCash: 21502

Mayrunner has to diss boxing legends to be talked about cause he sees that nobody gives a shit if hes retired.
bladerunner is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #108
maracho
Belt holder
ESB Addict

"Ay homes, why Tito when me and you could be 24/7 all over again? I'll be the bad guy dissin an old legend again." "Hmmm and a light heavyweight belt would surely make me look awsome in the history books!"

Floyd couldnt carry Roy's jock-strap prime for prime!
maracho is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #109
SugarRay
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drillmatic
LOL why? Roy hadn't fought ANY great fighters since tony or hopkins. THEN he fought Tarver and won a MILD decision. AND GOT OWNED IN BOTH REMATCHES. lost to glen johnson.

PBF has fought great fighters such as DLH castillo, corrales, judah.....and completely owned them. Not to mention he can still fight for years to come because of his defensive abilities.
The only great fighter Mayweather fought was dela Hoya, who by that time was already past his prime. Mayweather didn't completely own dela Hoya nor Castillo. He barely got by them. Castillo, Corrales and Judah have already been beaten by others. I would love to see how Mayweather copes when he is 35 and over.

Your post is a load of rubbish. Jones in his prime dominated all his opponents including Toney and Hopkins. Who has Mayweather ever fought in Toney's or Hopkin's calibre?
SugarRay is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #110
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Floyd and RJ did the same thing when it came down to fighting the best but there resumes are the same to me....they both had good fights...Floyd is no doubt a way better technician and boxer than RJJ...BUT...RJJ was just so different and uncanny that he was almost unbeatable in his prime and as he moved up in weight he still carried his knockout power with him.....so P4P...even though i love both fighters...i gotta nod with ROY....he was just something you wanted to watch because you knew he would put a show on and win...i watch Floyd just to see him win....but i still love how Floyd masterfully and tactfully beats his opposition because i respect boxing for boxing and not having to se a KO all the time...i think thats the difference between fans and people who follow and know boxing.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #111
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner
Mayrunner has to diss boxing legends to be talked about cause he sees that nobody gives a shit if hes retired.
i beg to differ many give a shit because they want to see him fight and possibly get beat by Hatton, Mosley, Cotto, Margo and whoever else...which is why they still call him out(hatto and Mosley).
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #112
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF P4P #1
While RJJ prolly was the better fighter in his prime, RJJ does not and did not have the basic boxing skills that PBF has....Those skills will help Floyd win when he is past his prime, you can still have your defensive and offensive skill through training, RJJ lost his speed then his technique was exposed

Floyd had the more complete skillset.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #113
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

True. Floyd is defensively and technically a better fighter. I maintain that Roy Jones at 168 was more special and of a higher level than Floyd will ever come close to.

Wether, it's technically, mentally or physically doesn't matter in the end. What matters is what you bring into the ring.

Roberto Duran was at a physical disadvantage in so many fights reach-wise, and later on in the higher weights even speed and power-wise. He made up for it with sheer mental power, concentration, determination, and a disciplined and ring-savvy awareness that made up for everything else.

Roy Jones had his athleticism.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #114
SugarRay
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Guys like Ali and Roy did everything wrong by the books and yet beat everyone who did everything right. This is testament to their fighting savviness. There are no comparisons between Roy and Mayweather.
SugarRay is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #115
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Guys like Ali and Roy did everything wrong by the books and yet beat everyone who did everything right. This is testament to their fighting savviness. There are no comparisons between Roy and Mayweather.
nd floyd has beaten everyone as well unless your implying his record of 38-0 is make-believe
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #116
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe

Floyd had the more complete skillset.
No f*cking way. Roy was one of the most technically and athletically gifted fighters ever. Just because he was unorthadox people fail to see how technical a fighter he was. The way he could switch stance mid combination, throw in 4 and 5 punch combinations from all different angles, change pace and distance on his shots to confuse his opponents. Roy could do things in the ring that no other fighter in history can do. Defensively Mayweather is better but even then only ever so slightly. Roy was an extremely gifted defensive fighter, he just places more emphasis on offense then Mayweather. I guarantee if you look at the stats Roy would have been hit far less then Mayweather per fight.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #117
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
nd floyd has beaten everyone as well unless your implying his record of 38-0 is make-believe
Well by that logic Valeuv should go down as one of the greatest Heavies of our generation then?
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #118
HECDAWG

mayweather is right he will never look as good as rjj did in his prime.
HECDAWG is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 12:11 AM   #119
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Well by that logic Valeuv should go down as one of the greatest Heavies of our generation then?
are you comparing floyd's career with valuev somebody needs to piss on you.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #120
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Put it like this the same clowns that are dissing Floyd are the same clowns that were dissing ROY in his prime. People that like and respect Roy are one in the same that like mayweather. Period. Only b/c Roy was not the asshole that mayweather is they choose the lesser of the 2 they see evils. I am 90% right on this. I never seen a thread ever on ESB were this many people are calling Roy an ATG...get the hell out of here. The same goofs said that mayweather is another Roy Jones cherry picker. Same breed of clown mutt. I mean, they are very different. Roy of course was more entertaining by far. But he was more entertaining then a lot of the ATG. Only ones that put on that kind of show was Ali, Tyson. I mean you did not care who Roy fought, you just wanted to see how he was going to knock the other guy out. A floyd hater is a roy hater in disguise. Period. Its like ABC. Roy was the best of his time, Floyd is the best of now. Roy had more power and put on more of a show. Floyd just took the science to another level and true boxing fans respect his ring intelligence and skill. It all balances out. Floyd would not fade past his prime b/c he does not rely on one or two things. But he is better off at 140 where he has a better punch.
Toopretty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum