Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #46
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Hopkins fights are full of this bullshit

Looking for a way out?

Why the **** would he be looking for a way out in a fight that barely went two rounds? And if he was really looking for a point, then don't you think he would have scrapped the acting when he realised the referee wasn't gonna' penalise Dawson, and got back up?

****ing pathetic, ESB can be sometimes. In the weeks leading up, Chad was a mental midget to be eaten by Hopkins, and now after two rounds of nothing, he's all of a sudden a guy who had Hopkins' number and forced him to quit.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 12:49 AM   #47
theflyest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtibbs View Post
Anyone who thinks Hopkins was looking for a way out is an idiot.

It was the 2nd round and he hardly took a shot so what would be his reason for doing so?

Has Hopkins ever, ever shown signs of weak character in the ring?

Yes he fights dirty, yes he makes the most of fouls, but he did not.... did not in any way fake that injury.

I cant believe people are so stupid.
Im a Hopkins fan, but he does this when he's not 100% confident he is going to win the fight. He would not pull this in fights where he has absolute control. He tried to get Calzaghe DQ'd. He tried to get Jones DQ'd, now Dawson.
theflyest is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 12:58 AM   #48
balaclava

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggersan View Post
yeah he landed full weight on his shoulder, that's where he got his injury. I don't like BHOP either, I ****in knew this fight would have controversy. It looks like Dawson almost body slammed him but he let go of his leg and then shrugged him off and BHOP fell backwards for some unknown reason.
LOOOL. another retarded Hopkins nuthugger. Dawson body slammed him???? bullshit. Hopkins was the one who put his whole weight on Dawson and Dawson just threw him away a little bit and then Hopkins acted once again like he did a billion times in the past to get a point deduction or a DQ win
Old 10-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #49
Anima
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 882

Actually Dawson deserves a point deduction. Watch the replay, Dawson shoulder tackles Bhop and then grabbed behind Bhop's right Knee to push him down. That was ****ing intentional. You could argue if Bhop wants to be in this fight or not but that move right there is bullshit.

A couple of highway robberies, a headbutt, a sucker punch(although legal) and now a ****ing tackle.
Whats next? Steel chair WWE style? God Damn.
Anima is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #50
Rampage
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Looking for a way out?

Why the **** would he be looking for a way out in a fight that barely went two rounds? And if he was really looking for a point, then don't you think he would have scrapped the acting when he realised the referee wasn't gonna' penalise Dawson, and got back up?

****ing pathetic, ESB can be sometimes. In the weeks leading up, Chad was a mental midget to be eaten by Hopkins, and now after two rounds of nothing, he's all of a sudden a guy who had Hopkins' number and forced him to quit.

he was looking for point deductions...and acted like he didn't want to continue. i'd like to see what really went on with the discussion between hopkins and the ref. hopkins said he wanted to continue but he said the ref waved it off. i call bullshit on that. no way would the ref stop the fight like that. you cant blame people for calling bullshit on this one.
Rampage is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:16 AM   #51
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Looking for a way out?

Not looking for a way out but looking to either get points taken off Dawson or upset his rhythm with time out and warning etc. Put it this way, I've seen friends dislocate their shoulders and not create the faces of agony Hopkins was for whatever "injury" he sustained.

I've seen British heavyweight Danny Williams fight with one arm hanging by his side because it popped out of the socket and yet Hopkins was rolling on the floor and screwing his face up like he had been shot in the kneecap.

That shows at the very least that he was exaggerating the pain and this is not the first time he has done this type of shit is it? Calzaghe? RJJ?
Strike is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:21 AM   #52
Diggersan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaclava View Post
LOOOL. another retarded Hopkins nuthugger. Dawson body slammed him???? bullshit. Hopkins was the one who put his whole weight on Dawson and Dawson just threw him away a little bit and then Hopkins acted once again like he did a billion times in the past to get a point deduction or a DQ win

can you ****ing read? I said it looked like he "almost" slammed him but let go

There was no ****ing slam
Diggersan is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #53
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

Hopkins wasn't looking for a way out because Dawson "had his number" or anything. He would've done something like that against Pascal if that was the case as Pascal actually landed flush punches early, dropped him twice in the first fight, and had him seriously hurt in the second one. Hopkins wanted to get some points taken away from Dawson and gain an edge on the cards. **** him for that. It's bullshit, but it should be overturned to a NC.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #54
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Not looking for a way out but looking to either get points taken off Dawson or upset his rhythm with time out and warning etc. Put it this way, I've seen friends dislocate their shoulders and not create the faces of agony Hopkins was for whatever "injury" he sustained.

I've seen British heavyweight Danny Williams fight with one arm hanging by his side because it popped out of the socket and yet Hopkins was rolling on the floor and screwing his face up like he had been shot in the kneecap.

That shows at the very least that he was exaggerating the pain and this is not the first time he has done this type of shit is it? Calzaghe? RJJ?
Remember when Hopkins landed on his shoulder, had it dislocated, and popped back in place only to finish off Echols?

No two falls are ever the same, but Bernard's dirty boxing has finally caught up to him.. As a fan, I'm glad.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:18 AM   #55
Popshots
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
****ing disgraceful
Pls don't tell me you are one of those that actually waists your money ordering boxing matches. Dude with all of the technology available you should be able to watch the fight at home and keep $50 bucks in your pocket. I was upset that it ended so quickly, but I never buy fights and yet I always get the see them on my 55 inch. Don't get mad get smart.
Popshots is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 03:03 AM   #56
kriszhao
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I don't think he was looking to quit. I think he exaggerated the injury in order to get points deducted from Dawkins. Like Hopkins said, the referee walked away and called the fight off. Hopkins didn't ask for that to happen because I think he thought the referee would simply deduct points and let them carry on fighting.
kriszhao is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum