Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
SRCP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default How are people fans of Hopkins?

You people blind? This asshole is too much. His cheating, dirty tactics and antics are too much. Fake low blow vs Calzaghe, so glad he lost, he deserved it. He fakes injury to the back of his head after clearing hitting a shot to shit Roy Jones, his daddy, in the back of the head. He's jumped out of the ring before, hits opponents flush when the fight has been stopped temporarily by the red, headbutts (winky got screwed), fakes injury after a NOTHING slam.

This guy got fans?

SRCP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: How are people fans of Hopkins?

Go **** yourself retard.
compukiller is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Why are people so quick to accuse Hopkins of cheating here? It doesn't make sense to me for a 46 year old man to train his ass off for months only to then fake an injury in the second round of a World Championship fight. I'll wait for the doctor reports, but I fail to see why it would benefit Hopkins to throw the fight at that juncture. He wasn't being dominanted. Neither fighter had landed anything remotely noteworthy up until that moment.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:13 AM   #4
SRCP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by compukiller View Post
Go **** yourself retard.
SRCP is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
SRCP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Why are people so quick to accuse Hopkins of cheating here? It doesn't make sense to me for a 46 year old man to train his ass off for months only to then fake an injury in the second round of a World Championship fight. I'll wait for the doctor reports, but I fail to see why it would benefit Hopkins to throw the fight at that juncture. He wasn't being dominanted. Neither fighter had landed anything remotely noteworthy up until that moment.
That was a nothing slam. He quit.
SRCP is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:36 AM   #6
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528
Default Re: How are people fans like Hopkins?

Please, inform me of what Hopkins has to gain from training his ass off for months to throw a fight against Chad Dawson? Explain it.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:51 AM   #7
Phys
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRCP View Post
That was a nothing slam. He quit.
u r obviously correct.
Hops always was scum.
Phys is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:57 AM   #8
Ashstrodamus
Rodney Dangerfield of ESB
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 166

Hopkins got a taste of his own medicine. I ****ing love it!!!!
Ashstrodamus is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488

Ahhh good times.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

SRCP im not sure boxing is the right fit for you. Maybe you can look into MMA?
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
Babality
KTFO!!!!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Ahhh good times.
Your post doesn't make any sense at all seeing as every fight is different.

That was after the disgraceful quit job against Dawson. All things in my main post STILL apply. He's still a dirty crybaby. He would done similar stuff had he fought someone like Ward.

This is not one of those "less than 24 hours before Martinez leaves the ring on a stretcher".
Babality is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
shadow111
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRCP View Post
You people blind? This asshole is too much. His cheating, dirty tactics and antics are too much. Fake low blow vs Calzaghe, so glad he lost, he deserved it. He fakes injury to the back of his head after clearly hitting a shot to Roy Jones, his daddy, in the back of the head. He's jumped out of the ring before, hits opponents flush when the fight has been stopped temporarily by the red, headbutts (winky got screwed), fakes injury after a NOTHING slam.

This guy got fans?
well i actually thought last night Hopkins fought a pretty clean fight. he didn't rabbit punch or do any acting like he's done in past fights. i think that had a lot to do with the ref, who from the opening bell was very adament about not hitting during clinches. i think the ref actually dissuaded Cloud from being as aggressive. i thought the referee was too strict. when he called timeout in the opening round to lecture the two, i didn't think that was needed, and it certainly wasn't anywhere near as dirty as Roy Jones - Hopkins II.

I was more disapointed in Cloud then I was impressed with Hopkins. Cloud did not wind up and throw the right hand upstairs to attempt to hurt Hopkins. it was almost like a sparring session. I felt like Cloud had the power to hurt Hopkins but he just didn't pull the trigger.

Roy Jones vs Hopkins in 2010 still stands out to me as the fight where Hopkins was exposed more then in any other fight in his career. Hopkins was initiating the fouls all night, Roy did retaliate a few times, but Hopkins made that fight a dirty fight. the Roy point deduction was absurd because Hopkins was holding on to Roy Jones's hand. Hopkins went down again when Roy rabbit punched him after Hopkins rabbit punched Roy. (which was a cheap shot by Hopkins, and Roy gave him a taste of his own medicine)

and the "low blow" that sent hopkins down on the double hook in the 10th round should have been a knockdown and possibly a knockout. that "low blow" landed on the belt line and Hopkins was lucky that Weeks gave him all the time he needed. Amir Khan landed a body punch on Zab Judah to the exact same spot and it was called a knockdown. (see pics below)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hopkins got extremely lucky against Jones in a fight that to this day I still think is misinterpreted by the general public. and lets not forget Hopkins's low blow in the 5th round on Roy was perhaps the most blatant low blow i have ever seen. and it's amazing that he wasn't deducted a point or DQ'd. Hopkins also had an intentional head butt in the 11th that cut Roy for the second time after cutting Roy in the 2nd with a headbutt. The scoring in that fight just wasn't right. To put it simply, Hopkins is more entertaining when he talks then when he fights. He is a skilled boxer though and i find myself watching his fights just to see what happens. i don't think he'll drop down to face Ward, because I think he knows he would lose.
shadow111 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum