Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667
Default Here is how a warrior fights with one arm...

Danny Williams limited as he was, fought this round with his arm hanging uselessly by his side as it came out of the shoulder (which it had done earlier in the fight) and he then wins by KO with one arm....

Hopkins rolling around on the floor with his agonising "injury" was a ****ing joke. And no I don't think he was trying to get out of the fight, I think he thought he could milk several minutes to upset Dawson and get points deducted. A bit like against Calzaghe and RJJ...backfired this time so **** him.

BORKED
Strike is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #2
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488
Default Re: Here is how a warrior fights with one arm...

Watch the Echols fight.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #3
SRCP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

BHop didn't have anything. He was fine. He quit. He's been around and knew Chad was too much.
SRCP is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #4
Peppermint
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Yes, Hookins showed a lot in the Echols fight years ago. Hopkins was a warrior no question. But, much like Holyfield in his fight with Williams, he is an old fighter now and ring weary. Hes 46 and hes a great athlete for 46, but hes human. I didnt buy the fight because its really just not relevant. Not any more than Toney-Lebedev really.
Peppermint is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
FLO
Journeyman

Maybe you idiots didn't hear when Hopkins said "yea with one arm" in reply to the referee asking him if he could continue. The ref probably thought he was being sarcastic and stopped it anyway.

It was only the second round in a fairly even fight. No matter what people think really happened these are only OPINIONS--biased ones at that. The fact is that he was thrown to the ground and the fight was stopped and called a TKO and that's it. To be continued.
FLO is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #6
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Hopkins : Obvious no-contest, easy payday, I keep my title, nothing to lose.

Hopkins is a guy who by his own admittance used to put bricks into a television box and sell it to people.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #7
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322

I am impressed. also I never heard danny talking about how tuff he is.
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 01:53 AM   #8
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
Maybe you idiots didn't hear when Hopkins said "yea with one arm" in reply to the referee asking him if he could continue. The ref probably thought he was being sarcastic and stopped it anyway.
No I don't think Hopkins wanted the fight stopped at all, I think he wanted to fake he was in real pain to upset Dawson and to get points taken off Dawson and to get the ref on side.

Hopkins is not a coward he's just a cheat and a dirty fighter. An ATG fighter too, but always involved in ugly fights and always looking to use underhand tactics to gain an advantage.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:00 AM   #9
Popshots
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hopkins is a warrior and i respect him, but he's a con man and his antics backfired on him. I'm not saying that he should have lost the title.
Popshots is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:09 AM   #10
FLO
Journeyman

If it was merely "to upset Dawson and to get points taken off Dawson and to get the ref on [his] side." he wouldn't have said that he could only go on with one arm. He would have asked for 5 minutes and then got up and continued, just like he did with calzaghe and jones. That's my opinion at least.

Why was the ref so quick to call the fight off and rule it a TKO and why does every damn fight that ends controversially have to be a conspiracy?
FLO is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:16 AM   #11
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If it was merely "to upset Dawson and to get points taken off Dawson and to get the ref on [his] side." he wouldn't have said that he could only go on with one arm. He would have asked for 5 minutes and then got up and continued, just like he did with calzaghe and jones. That's my opinion at least.

Why was the ref so quick to call the fight off and rule it a TKO and why does every damn fight that ends controversially have to be a conspiracy?
I don't ever buy into conspiracy theories. To me this just looked very very suspect on Hopkins part and he is a proven cheat and bullshitter. He may be injured and if so then fair enough, but it looked incredibly soft to have caused a serious injury and more to the point his reaction was definitely over the top.

It did not hurt enough to be rolling and grimacing like he was in agony. No chance. The ref ****ed up for sure and I would be pissed off if I had paid for that fight.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:27 AM   #12
FLO
Journeyman

There are some legitimate conspiracies but to call every controversial stoppage a conspiracy takes away from the real ones. It's irrational to say that "It did not hurt enough to be rolling and grimacing like he was in agony. No chance." and only because he has a history of doing this type of stuff. It might have been real this time, we don't really know.
FLO is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:39 AM   #13
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
There are some legitimate conspiracies but to call every controversial stoppage a conspiracy takes away from the real ones. It's irrational to say that "It did not hurt enough to be rolling and grimacing like he was in agony. No chance." and only because he has a history of doing this type of stuff. It might have been real this time, we don't really know.
As I said I never call controversial stoppages conspiracies and I'm not one for a conspiracy. But every ex pro who was commentating on the link I was watching said the same thing, it looked like bullshit. It might not be, but he looked like he was milking it. It does not hurt that much, I can see this because I've seen more than one friend have a dislocated shoulder and not make a big deal out of the pain and neither of them are as used to physical pain as Hopkins.
Strike is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum