Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2011, 02:08 AM   #1
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036
Default If fight is ruled a no contest Hopkins should never give Dawson a Rematch.

If I were Hopkins I would never give Dawson a rematch, the way Dawson acted was disrespectful.
Big Red is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 02:09 AM   #2
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If fight is ruled a no contest Hopkins should never give Dawson a Rematch.

Turnabout is fair play, as they say.

Dawson didn't seem to want to give Hopkins another fight, so if things get reversed, Hop might feel the same way. We'll see.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
Rampage
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: If fight is ruled a no contest Hopkins should never give Dawson a Rematch.

nothing wrong with someone calling out a champion who essentially faked an injury acting as if he couldn't continue. this was a ppv battle...not some fight on espn friday night fights.
Rampage is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:12 AM   #4
Diggersan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
If I were Hopkins I would never give Dawson a rematch, the way Dawson acted was disrespectful.
dawson wasn't fooled by BHOPs acting job, this shit doesn't just happen only to Bernard because he's unlucky. This shit never happens in fights with Pacquiao, Donaire, Martinez.
Diggersan is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:12 AM   #5
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Even if they do overturn the TKO which they probably will I still don't think Dawson should fight Hopkins.

Most fans are in his corner on this one, and he can have a better fight with less bullshit rematching Pascal. Let Hopkins move on to something else.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:13 AM   #6
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Hopkins is a great fighter no doubt, but respect and the way Bernard acts toward his opponents are not the same thing. How would he act if his opponent quit like that?
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:13 AM   #7
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggersan View Post
dawson wasn't fooled by BHOPs acting job, this shit doesn't just happen only to Bernard because he's unlucky. This shit never happens in fights with Pacquiao, Donaire, Martinez.

Exactly. You have to be awfully naive to think it's a coincidence. Even if he wasn't faking this time, and he probably was, morally Hopkins should lose the title as a lifetime achievement award for all his bullshit.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #8
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I wouldn't either, cause if he does, he's really gonna get his ass beat. I'd retire before I fought Dawson again, if I were BHop.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:26 AM   #9
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Hopkins is a great fighter no doubt, but respect and the way Bernard acts toward his opponents are not the same thing. How would he act if his opponent quit like that?
Its very possible that Hopkins actually hurt his shoulder really bad.

Think about it, 46 years old 30 years of the wear and tear of the life style of an elite athlete. Literally millions of punches off his shoulder. Impacts travelling through his shoulders from hitting his hands against skulls heavy bags and what not.

Falling upon one's elbow is no easy impact on the shoulder like some like to imagine.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:26 AM   #10
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 3571

No Hopkins would look like even more of a bitch if he didn't rematch Dawson. That would be an awful move by him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
I wouldn't either, cause if he does, he's really gonna get his ass beat. I'd retire before I fought Dawson again, if I were BHop.
well put, but I can't base how the fight would go off of those 2 rounds, but I expected Dawson to win
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:37 AM   #11
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Turnabout is fair play, as they say.

Dawson didn't seem to want to give Hopkins another fight, so if things get reversed, Hop might feel the same way. We'll see.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
nothing wrong with someone calling out a champion who essentially faked an injury acting as if he couldn't continue. this was a ppv battle...not some fight on espn friday night fights.
and it sounds like he didn't...
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:40 AM   #12
Zavy
A fan among experts
ESB Addict

Quote:
Man, **** Bernard...he's one of the most disrespectful fighters ever. He need to just retire with his belt.
Zavy is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:41 AM   #13
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:

Why the **** should Dawson be respectful in that situation. The reason why Hopkins bitched is because he saw that Dawson had no respect for him at any time. Chad isn't Bernards mummy, he doesn't care about Hopkins.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:42 AM   #14
Ripple633
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Dawson trained 8 weeks for the fight, a fight that he's been waiting for three years. Of course Dawson is pissed, because he didn't have the opportunity to win a fight cleanly.
Ripple633 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:43 AM   #15
Vergilius
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampley View Post
Exactly. You have to be awfully naive to think it's a coincidence. Even if he wasn't faking this time, and he probably was, morally Hopkins should lose the title as a lifetime achievement award for all his bullshit.
All of what bullshit? Hopkins has never quit a fight before, nor do I believe he would, especially when it was so early and everything was up for grabs.
Vergilius is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum