Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2011, 02:43 AM   #16
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062
Default Re: If fight is ruled a no contest Hopkins should never give Dawson a Rematch.

The way Dawson acted was how 90% of the people watching probably feel and probably 100% how anyone would feel if they trained for one of the biggest fights of their life only to think their title chances would be robbed bcuz of a perceived fake injury.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 02:50 AM   #17
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036
Default Re: If fight is ruled a no contest Hopkins should never give Dawson a Rematch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripple633 View Post
Dawson trained 8 weeks for the fight, a fight that he's been waiting for three years. Of course Dawson is pissed, because he didn't have the opportunity to win a fight cleanly.
He slamed Hopkins on the ground. Celebrated the most tainted win I have ever seen all the while call Hopkins a p*ssy. Saying he would never give Hopkins a rematch the same man that gave him a chance to be champ. And the same boxer who's shoulder he dislocated.

Thats not something I would be cool with.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:54 AM   #18
Zavy
A fan among experts
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
He slamed Hopkins on the ground. Celebrated the most tainted win I have ever seen all the while call Hopkins a p*ssy. Saying he would never give Hopkins a rematch the same man that gave him a chance to be champ. And the same boxer who's shoulder he dislocated.

Thats not something I would be cool with.
Bhop didn't want to fight...I know you a Philly dude, but BHop bitched up.
Zavy is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 03:01 AM   #19
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavy View Post
Bhop didn't want to fight...I know you a Philly dude, but BHop bitched up.
Wrong again, the dislocation has been confirmed and there is now no way that they don't rule this a no contest imo. Hopkins will do everything in his power to fck over Dawson now, I know I would.

One thing you don't do is embarrass Bernard Hopkins.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 03:01 AM   #20
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If anything, I think they will let the fight stand(ala Mares-Agbeko), and order a rematch.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 03:03 AM   #21
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Wrong again, the dislocation has been confirmed and there is now no way that they don't rule this a no contest imo. Hopkins will do everything in his power to fck over Dawson now, I know I would.

You feel Dawson threw Hopkins to the ground instead of shedding him off like other fighters have in the past aka Cotto/Clottey?
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 03:03 AM   #22
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:

Hopkins quit and there was no foul called so there is no other possible result than TKO. Hopkins clearly says "It's over" before sarcastically saying "yeah I'll continue with one hand". He tried for the dq.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 03:15 AM   #23
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

It's already done. Chad has the upper hand now, in all regards. He has no respect for Bernard. Deservedly so?

All due respect for Bernard, and his accomplishments, but Chad showed him who's the "bad one", from now on!
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum