Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #46
Rangersfan1982
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Nathan Cleverly.

Showed what a true champion is all about. Onwards and upwards for Clev.
Rangersfan1982 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #47
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad-Man View Post
I never for once said Bellew was bad for being dirty just said it wernt just clev. Clev went to the body more than usual and obviously strayed low. Out of order yes, as bad as cox no. It was just a rough fight but not as to say clev won by being dirty. Clev was the better boxer and that was the difference.
Sorry but got to disagree there, there was no sign of him being better box last night. Fitter maybe? yes but not better boxer he was out jabbed for large periods of fight and even on the inside he was matched for volume and and quality.

I agree both had there moments of fouling but the lowblows did have affect on Bellew IMO whether it was meant or not i don't know and dnt really care as it can't change result.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #48
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

Quote:
I'm on phone and being slightly lazy. Will do a breakdown later if you want.
It's ok don't worry about it. I reckon Cleverley has a chance against Dawson because of the work rate he implements, that's about as technical as it needs to get. Cleverley doesn't have the best defense though, and whereas for some fighters a good offense can be a good defense, that would not be the case for Cleverley who I don't believe has great power. Someone like Thomas Hearns didn't have a great defense when he wwas at 147 in a technical sense but his offense was a good defense because of the jab he used so well and because of his power. Cleverley doesn't have great power at all, and he either doesn't have a great jab or he neglects it, either way, as long as Dawson doesn't have a mental barrier he should be able to open up on Cleverley behind the jab pretty comfortably. He has better footwork than Cleverley too. I think that Cleverley has a pretty good chance against most fighters in his division though on the strength of him having a lot of heart and a good array punches to use in conjucntion with his great work rate. It would be a good fight.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #49
Davew430
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I had Bellew 1 round up on the scorecards, i was ringside so i admit the atmosphere/crowd/etc could of swayed me a bit, but that fight wasn't clear for either guy.

Also Cleverly will not beat the likes of Hopkins, Dawson, Cloud or even Pascal in my opinion.

Bellew put up a good performance last night, but watching that event last night you've got to realise none of the fighter's we're what i'd call World Class.
Davew430 is online now  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #50
ryanm8655
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3731

I think Cleverly can beat most fighters at 175 on workrate alone tbh. He's proven he can take a really good shot.
ryanm8655 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #51
vegasjim
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Bellew was right clevs not a proper world champ,it was handed to him
vegasjim is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #52
porkypara
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Cleverly is a good fighter but far from the finnished artical IMO.

I think if Clev improved his basic boxing skills to go with his great fitness he could become a very good champion.

Also he is a nice guy and top bloke.
porkypara is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #53
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
After seeing all the pro-Bellew threads on the board can we also have some love for Nathan.

He too participated in a good fight and walked away with his '0' and a 'W'. He gave his all in the ring and was classy after the fight in his interview.

Remember this lad is 2 years younger than Frankie Gavin and a year younger than Kell Brook yet holds a strap at world level. The lad should get way more kudos than he gets, so come on lads be fair and congratulate the man.

Nathan Cleverly I applaud you son, you beat a game fighter who fought to his best ability and in his backyard and took home the win. Take a bow 'boyo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozkina View Post
No
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #54
Sugarray1
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Clev a top fighter
Sugarray1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum