Old 10-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #16
Run Conn, RUN
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bellew Cleverly fight proved most know sod all about boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesa View Post
I don't see any fighter in the world stopping Bellew.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbn4sWkWhEE[/ame]
Run Conn, RUN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #17
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

About a third of people on here picked Bellew actually.
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #18
lozkina
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Boxing for me is about passion and I do too many times go with my hart, smigga v Degale and I was one of them who could only see Tony becoming champion of the world nothing else would enter my head. Thios is why I love the sport of Boxing so much and the lads give there all .
lozkina is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #19
dempseys right
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
I am no boxing expert. If I am honest I am totally clueless at times (I once predicted Audley Harrison would be world champion ) and more of just a fan than someone of great knowledge of the sport. I said Bellew was going to win this. I said he was going to knock Cleverly out and if not he would out-box him. I said it because I have watched Bellew since his debut (not watched every fight) and I just could not see some one as determined as him being beaten, not by anyone. I knew he had great boxing skills and was more than just a banger. I do however think my heart ruled my head in making my prediction for the fight, also I think he had gotten in my head with all his pre-fight talk.

99% of people with a prediction for this fight did not give Bellew a chance. Never mind a chance, most were making out that this was David Vs Goliath. You would have thought it was mismatch of the century. It almost convinced me. When myself and friends were giving out pre-fight prediction, I was almost tempted to say Cleverly first round KO.

One thing I felt certain about was that Bellew would no way be KOd by cleverly. I don't see any fighter in the world stopping Bellew.
I thought Bellew would be stopped before 9 but he hung in in a good fight, the comentaters were going on about bellews jab, but he hardley got through, hitting mainly gloves in fights first half. Cleverly is tough and game with a big engine, but lacks power at world class. ie he landed cleaner and more often than Ajisaf or Mckenzie. So in world class terms both lack the extra elements needed to beat the Pascals, Dawsons, Hopkins, of the division. they are both good euro level fighters who are very entertaining to watch.
dempseys right is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #20
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

You go from nearly predicting a first round stoppage victory for Cleverly to saying NO ONE in the world can stop Bellew
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #21
Run Conn, RUN
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Box View Post
You go from nearly predicting a first round stoppage victory for Cleverly to saying NO ONE in the world can stop Bellew
And to confuse things even more he even started a thread elsewhere that he thinks Cleverly is awful
Run Conn, RUN is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #22
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324

Quote:
I am no boxing expert. If I am honest I am totally clueless at times (I once predicted Audley Harrison would be world champion ) and more of just a fan than someone of great knowledge of the sport. I said Bellew was going to win this. I said he was going to knock Cleverly out and if not he would out-box him. I said it because I have watched Bellew since his debut (not watched every fight) and I just could not see some one as determined as him being beaten, not by anyone. I knew he had great boxing skills and was more than just a banger. I do however think my heart ruled my head in making my prediction for the fight, also I think he had gotten in my head with all his pre-fight talk.

99% of people with a prediction for this fight did not give Bellew a chance. Never mind a chance, most were making out that this was David Vs Goliath. You would have thought it was mismatch of the century. It almost convinced me. When myself and friends were giving out pre-fight prediction, I was almost tempted to say Cleverly first round KO.

One thing I felt certain about was that Bellew would no way be KOd by cleverly. I don't see any fighter in the world stopping Bellew.
None of us know anything mate. It's one of the things I've learnt about boxing. I know little and many others know less and many more know more.

This should be apparent by now given you've been here over a year?

Clev KO2 in the rematch though
PaddyD1983 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #23
harry the haddo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyD1983 View Post
None of us know anything mate. It's one of the things I've learnt about boxing. I know little and many others know less and many more know more.

This should be apparent by now given you've been here over a year?

Clev KO2 in the rematch though
i agree with this, coz there are things that i know i know, and other things that i know i don't know. then there are known unknowns plus the unknown things that i don't know. hope this makes it clear
harry the haddo is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #24
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007 View Post
this thread shows you know sod all about boxing
Which I stated clearly in my OP. And which part of my OP did you not agree with?
hughesa is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #25
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

I picked Bellew and bet a few quid on him and I felt the fight was a draw.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #26
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrf View Post
You called it wrong, other people called it right and you're criticising their knowledge?
The main point I was trying to make was all these so called expert journalists and many so called boxing-know-it-alls claimed it was a mismatch when it clearly was not. People have said you can only judge him on past performances. But if you had done, you still could have seen this was a 50/50 fight. Because at the end of the day you do not go from Domestic Bum to World Level in 8 weeks of training, it is impossible. So clearly Bellew had it all along, yet all these know-it-alls got it very wrong.
hughesa is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #27
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylatics View Post
And there you have it
You've lost me mate. If you are implying I contradicted myself with the Clev first round KO part, what I meant there was so many people were making out it was a mismatch that even though I was confident Bellew would at least hold his own in there, they had got in my head and I started to question my own prediction, that is what I meant there.
hughesa is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #28
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Conn, RUN View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I am assuming you posted that to back up my point?
hughesa is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #29
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Box View Post
My fault here for not explaining myself more clearly (it was late at night and I was tired). I was so convinced Bellew was going to win (at minimum hold his own) yet I had read every article on the internet regarding the fight, watched every pre-fight prediction video, read plenty of posts on here, listened to all my friends. Most people were making out this was a mismatch. All these people got in to my head and made me doubt my own opinion/prediction and I was thinking maybe I am making this prediction solely on heart and in reality Bellew has no chance. So when we were making our final predictions, I almost said Clev TKO to be on the safe side and not make a fool of myself, but I stuck to my original prediction.
hughesa is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #30
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Conn, RUN View Post
And to confuse things even more he even started a thread elsewhere that he thinks Cleverly is awful
See my reply to this.
hughesa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum