Old 10-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #17
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Kevin Mitchell On twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsawigsaw View Post
Can anyone show ling of what was said by f....w.....

Quote:
Perennial prospect Stephen Ormond will have to delay his boxing break through further after he had a massive bout with Kevin Mitchell cancelled over the last few days.
The Frank ****** promoted fighter was tipped by Bernard Dunne to fill the void left by his retirement, but has yet to get the opportunity to fulfil his much heralded potential.
And just when it looked like the 28 year old from Clondalkin has secured a fight that could propel him onto the world stage it was taken away from him last minute.
The former Irish amateur stand out was set to challenge Breidis Prescott and John Murray conqueror Mitchell but the East Londoner is unable to compete for the next six months and the fight was called off.
Fighting Mitchell meant both a step up in class and weight for Ormond, who was meant to challenge the British star for an intercontinental title, but his team were so confident the Irish prospect could win they took the bout for little or no money.
“Stephen was set to fight Kevin Mitchell in November but Mitchell can’t fight for six months so that had to be called off. It was a massive fight for Stephen but one we believed he could win,” trainer Pascal Collins told [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
“The fight was about to be officially announced but it isn’t going to happen now. We were in training for the last few weeks for that fight. I watched Mitchell versus Murray and I saw things Stephen could exploit. We wanted that fight and I know Stephen would have beaten him. We even accepted the fight for very little money just to get Stephen in the ring with Kevin. Stephen is fighting at super feather and was moving to lightweight that is how confident he was.”
The Rock’ was understandably upset at the news, but Collins stressed there big things on the boxing horizon for the undefeated 28 year old.
Frank ****** is said to have a big announcement regarding Ormond in the next few weeks.
“It was a big fight that got away, but we are still in training and Frank has promised him something big soon. Expect an big announcement over the next few weeks. Stephen has worked hard and he is on the verge of big things'
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #18
jigsawigsaw
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

6months ? Strange.
jigsawigsaw is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #19
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

I've also read somewhere it was 3 months due to the curfew, but that didnt stop Brook fighting Jennings
Old 10-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #20
jigsawigsaw
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

A statement will be released soon, so we will prob find out more then.il keep u posted as soon as I find out.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #21
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Rumour mill flying about that he will sign for Hearns after being pissed with Frank abut Murray getting Rios. But its only a rumour at this stage. Any idea when we will hear some news Jig?
Old 10-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #22
Scottrf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsawigsaw View Post
This is kevs friend.
Was it your knife?
Scottrf is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #23
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
I've also read somewhere it was 3 months due to the curfew, but that didnt stop Brook fighting Jennings
I thought that but Brook only had a 56 day curfew which started in July and the Jennings fight was in September.

I'd be surprised if they can't get 1 night off though.
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #24
troy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrf View Post
Was it your knife?
:lol
troy is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #25
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalletInspector View Post
I thought that but Brook only had a 56 day curfew which started in July and the Jennings fight was in September.

I'd be surprised if they can't get 1 night off though.
I stand corrected.

It's stupid if they dont allow him to fight. he old bill can see where he is if they switch on the tele for christ sake.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #26
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Frank on Mitchell 'he's got to stop acting like a victim, act like a man, behave like a man. behave like a professional boxer then you might get some respect, My staff and i have invested a lot of time and money in a very difficult economy into someone who has no respect for anybody or himself'

'I worked closely with him, i put time into him but it's just strictly business because that's the only way to treat Kevin' In this interview he also reminds Matchroom Mitchell is under contract..
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #27
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Massive massive step down in class after a career best performance IMO.

DeMarco would be ineresting. Linares (who isnt THAT good,) was boxing rings round him for 10 rounds (even tho rounds 7 & 8 i gave to Tony)
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #28
jigsawigsaw
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Frank on Mitchell 'he's got to stop acting like a victim, act like a man, behave like a man. behave like a professional boxer then you might get some respect, My staff and i have invested a lot of time and money in a very difficult economy into someone who has no respect for anybody or himself'

'I worked closely with him, i put time into him but it's just strictly business because that's the only way to treat Kevin' In this interview he also reminds Matchroom Mitchell is under contract..
Ouch,
Old 10-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #29
jigsawigsaw
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

That coming of a great performance against Murrey, who many expected Kevin to lose. His problems were all before that fight so it seems strange why they are bringing this up now.if u don't like him the why not part company?
Old 10-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #30
SimonTemplar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I stand corrected.

It's stupid if they dont allow him to fight. he old bill can see where he is if they switch on the tele for christ sake.
Lol I completely get where you are coming from, but as ex-law enforcement myself, I am afraid that they are crazy strict with curfews etc. where there is violent crime involved, and increasingly so. I know that he didn't do anything violent, but as he was found with a knife then that is how it will be written up internally. So I can well believe that they might not let him out after dark for six months, even if that leads to loss of livlihood - I have seen that same thing happen before, people lose their jobs following a curfew, then end up returning to crime once they have lost their job...

Anyway, not meaning to get socio-political on you, but thought I would chime in as I have relevant experience: it would not surprise me in the least if they hold him to the letter of the curfew, including not letting him fight, given that they will class his as a violent crime. There are exceptions, but not many. With the previous drug issues it is unlikely that a judge will look kindly on any application for a suspension of the curfew, even for one night only. Quite apart from that, any such application would cost money, and it does not sound as though his promoter would be minded to pay.
SimonTemplar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum